Draenei getting Eredar skins... why can't Blood Elves get

blood elves are larger than life so people seem to think they have more customizations. heck nightborne and highmountain now have more than blood elves, and they arent even core races with 15 years of updates.

1 Like

Something else I think people fail to understand is that… some races simply have more potential to expand their customization. Case in point, the Draenei. Man’ari skin tones and options exist in the lore. That’s customization the Draenei could get.

The same works for San’layn and Felblood Elf options for Blood Elves. Or, as another relevant option, Flame Druid options for Night Elves (which I think are coming in the next patch?).

It’s also fair to say, “Hey, we got some options to be X, but they’re incomplete or could be expanded on.” I mean, we got Nightborne without glowing hands of all things.

Simply saying, “X race already has Y number of options, focus on someone else,” is pointless if no other race has other options to draw from. That, and Blizzard is going to want the biggest bang for it’s buck, and go after requests that are long-standing in the community, and which have shown a lot of interest/player engagement.

And for the naysayers out there going, “Blood Elves shouldn’t get anything, they’ve got enough,” I would implore you to look at a history of how gatekeeping worked on those who tried to stop people asking for High Elf options in the Alliance.

Spoiler Alert: Blizzard ignored those people.

If you sincerely want more options for a race, ask for the specific options you want to see. If all you can do is go, “No,” then you’re not giving the Devs anything to work with.

It’d probably help if some of the ones saying x deserves better would create customization threads for examples of what they actually want.

1 Like

we void elves must not be bringing enough attention to our requests, cuz we’re darn near (always wanted to say darn near in a sentence) at the bottom of customizations list, down there with vulpera, kultirans, dark irons and mechagnomes.

1 Like

And that customization thread for Velves is :fire:

1 Like

I like to think that void elves will be getting tons of customization options in the Light vs Void expac.
It makes sense to really focus on them then and i hope next expac is the void one!

Should be a very fun expac, just thinking about the possibilities of a Light and Void expac and how many things they can do with it.

For example, we’ll probably get Lightforged Undead as a race and void races will probably be capable of becoming Paladins as well!

i dunno if i can stand looking at the same two hairstyles for another 5 years lol.

You wanna know what is sad? That kind of stuff wasn’t exactly uncommon when WoW launched back in 2004.

But realistically it’s too late to add something like sliders these days. They would have to rework pretty much every race/gender and 3D armor assets to make it work.

If only they had reworked the races before they started going mad with 3D armor… Oh wait! They did back in WoD and intentially choose to remake all of the problems that caused WoW to not support modern customization. SMH

i know star wars galaxies had it, and they launched similar timeframe. they even had a class you could specialize in updating people’s customizations. and the amount of customizations was dracthyr levels of comprehensive, even bigger, cuz you could modify breast size, muscle, height and weight as well as all the other racial/facial/hair features.

1 Like

Height should not be a problem to add in WoW, because we already have all the toys and whatnot, that already modifies your height. Shouldn’t be difficult to add a hidden buff or something that scales your height. Even if it’s just +/- 5%.

Also, here is another fun fact. A boob/glute slider is one of the very few things Blizzard actually could add to the game without breaking it. And it shouldn’t even take that much work to do since the torso and legs of WoW’s player characters is a hot swappable mesh. It would be no different than putting/taking off your tabard or robe.
And it wouldn’t even break 3D armor assets, assuming they don’t let you go too big of course. But at worst you would get some minor clipping. Which WoW already suffers from immensely anyways.

Edit: It wouldn’t be a slider but rather work the same way Dracthyr’s body shapes does. Increments.

Of course it’s never going to happen for obvious reasons. The backlash would make WoD’s no-flight look like a sneeze in comparison. Maybe if your only choice was to go smaller.

because we could further customize our chars? huh?

I don’t think a boob slider would cause any issues, since other MMORPGs have that.

No, because of the allegations. I don’t think WoW’s community would respond very negatively. Perhaps just some bewillderment after all the fruitbowl memes.

I mostly meant backlash from the social media people. I can already see the headlines from various outlets -

“Blizzard goes right back to sexualizing women just 2 year after promising to do better”.

Could raise some investors eyebrows. And ABK doesn’t want that right now.

If Blizzard were to add other silders to go along with a boob slider, then no. I don’t think so either. But just a boob slider on its own? Twitter would be having a field day.

I don’t think they’d do that on it’s own ever. It’d be with some overhaul of customization systems that both body types would get.

I don’t think so either, but that was what this whole thing was about.

As i explained above. Blizzard wouldn’t even need to change anything about their engine. It already supports hotswapping meshes. And wouldn’t you know it. The torso (including chest) and legs (including butt) of player characters are swappable meshes. Now technically every part of the model is swappable, but anything but the legs and torso would cause some issues with 3D armor.

So what i am saying is that Blizzard could add a chest/butt “slider” right now without having to tinker with their engine. But it would be the only thing they could add, besides a height slider.
It would work exactly the same way putting on a tabard or a robe would work. This is how it’s done on Dracthyrs. You’d just swap out the current torso with a bigger or smaller one.

I always cite all of them and Mechagnomes as being the ones that need customizations most and Kul Tiran and Mechagnomes really need stuff since they haven’t gotten anything new like new outside of basics like blind eyes all races got since they got added and it’s like hello Blizzard people play these races too.

1 Like

It’s wild that according to the list, male mechagnomes still have more customizations than male Belves. Assumption would lead to believing the opposite.

3 Likes

I’m salty about male Blood Elf customizations anyhow due to my male Dracthyr Evoker, I mean if male Blood Elves had that type of customizations I’d be male not female but here we are so yeah not sure how that works I just know what I see and I also feel certain customizations are far more impactful.

1 Like

I don’t know how they didn’t at least get the runic tattoo from the TBC box art. How can something be that iconic and still not be considered for customization?

Well, it worked for them with high elf customizations.