Draenei and Orc Demon Hunters

Draenei and Orc Demon Hunters… When’s that gonna happen blizz?

Oh… Uh. Discuss I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

27 Likes

Never? It is explicitly stated its an elf only thing. Not that I agree, its just that they will be stubborn on it.

3 Likes

Yeah I call bullpucky on that one.

Though while we’re here do you have the source on that? I tend to be unable to find it when I look.

Nightborne and Void Elf confirmed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I understand because draenei eredar are demon and orc green skin is from drinking a demon I don’t know how to say it in English it’s gjaku in my language Albanian the red liquid under the skin when you get cut

The green orcs drank that so they are half demons

But the legion xpac already ended so there is no point for more demon hunters to be made

4 Likes

Edit*

One and the same? Would they be hunting themselves. I mean it’s got like a void elf dynamic of inner struggle

Hopefully never! I am happy the way the way they have them implemented ingame and seeing them added as a class for another race would diminish my vision of what a Demon Hunter means.

However with that said lore-wise any race can be a Demon Hunter. It would require dire means and a hatred for the burning Legion. So a converted Man’ari for example might be a good candidate. Just as any race can become Lightforged.

Thank you all for your replies so far.

Personally I like the idea of Draenei and Orcs joining up with Illidan (this would be a minor retcon) and becoming Demon Hunters. Plus it gives us a reason to toss in fel orc skintones (besides the fact many joined the Horde after TBC) and Man’ari skintones.

Plus demon hunters are fun.

3 Likes

I don’t know what makes you say that. I only see emotional maturity on the part of the decision makes.

Yes, but also no. In BC it’s stated that Illidan did attempt to train orcish demon hunters, so it’s not entirely without precident.

1 Like

Ah my friend! Do you by chance have that quest/dialog/source?

Asumah there never responded.

Yeah, it might take a bit though. A lot of the older demon hunter lore has been removed from websites after retcons in Legion, which as far as I’m aware don’t really have anything to do with the failed orcish recruits but still changed a lot of the formatting.

2 Likes

Cool. I’d like to see it. I’ve tried looking for it a couple times but, as you may have noticed, I’m rather bad at finding sources. Lol

While I look around, there is an interview between Ion and Jesse Cox where Ion says that although they stuck with elves only initially, now that they’re out in the wild there’s literally nothing stopping them from training other races.

2 Likes

Red draenei look like hot dogs but I would play as one.

Well that certaintly makes me happy. Lol

I really do wish they’d expand DH’s to at least two more races. Spread the look around.

Again thank you.

OK!

Never. The DH backstory explains why.

Unless Blizzard comes up with new lore (that makes sense), it should never happen.

They have started recruiting from the other races in the wake of the Legions defeat to replenish their numbers.

There. I’ve opened it up for all races.

It’s not. It, in fact, makes the least amount of lore sense of any race/class combo.

Because, seriously, the one thing that the draenei and the orcs in Outland/Original Draenor had in common were massive reasons to really really not like Illidan, and he wasn’t particularly into explaining sh*t to anyone until he’d finished ripping their eyes out.

Fel orcs worked for him.

And while getting Draenei in there is a little less likely, we see in WoD Draenei Warlocks betray the Draenei in Shadowmoon. As such its reasonable to expect that some may have joined up. Or if it’s easier for you make it the Broken Draenei.