Dracthyr warlocks?

How can dracs have had warlocks in their ranks before being put in stasis.

But somehow they don’t have paladins, when they’re a highly militarized race that also have priests and warriors.

Like Im not saying they shouldn’t be warlocks. But if it could be stretched they can be warlocks before the war of the ancients even happened then they should definitely be paladins.

Have them put their faith in neltharion or the titans

3 Likes

I expect almost nothing to make sense any longer. At least they didn’t make DK Dracs tho as then they’d have glide just like DH

1 Like

Might be leaning closer to the void side of warlocks. Not sure. :8ball::robot:

You have learned to call in beings and power from beyond Azeroth. Our creator was also well versed in the dark arts. Do not fall as he did.

1 Like

Fel magic is considered “dark” magic…
Meany it’s spooky and edgy and corrosive

That’s what emberthal meant.

1 Like

Dracthyr are getting warlocks because the only animation the class needs is a cast, and that comes free for every race (well and Living Flame does have a regular cast animation) - it’s basically the lowest effort class to give to everyone.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense to me. :robot::+1:

1 Like

Yeah I figured that’s why…

But when they say, “we don’t know how goblin druids look like”

Then do things like this and LFD locks because it’s easy. Well then the double standard ruffles my jimmies

1 Like

As far as I care it’s mostly a demand from corporate; Ion was pushing the “more dracthyr classes” train even when devs were explicitly saying they never really considered other classes for the race. At this point I’m half convinced he has the office politics pull to push for any boneheaded nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

It really feels like there is one of two people making race/class decisions while the other is out sick or on vacation.

“Ion went to Disneyland!! LFD Warlock, GOGOGO!!”

1 Like

It makes sense, kinda, if you look at it from the Black Dragonflight angle.

Sabellian is basically a Warlock, just look at him lol.

He’s a dragon, but his visage form is clearly a Human Warlock.

Also, they lived on Outland for a long time. They probably learned a lot from watching and killing the demons there.

It doesn’t make sense for other Dragonflights, though. Even for the Black Dragonflight, it’s somewhat of a stretch.

This is so lazy it’s hard to believe it wasn’t slapped together as a board room mandate.

Sabellian uses like no warlock powers.

This is in a lot of ways my biggest issue, every “totally not an evoker” character in DF still relies on abilities that are fundamentally draconic, even the dracthyr “rogues” in the reach. That’s not how it’s going to be implemented, they’re not going to do anything cool with the race like having big spells be breath attacks in true form. That monk isn’t on the list (a universal class about using your own body as a weapon) makes it clear that it’s a lowest effort thing.

They didn’t. They said in the announcement this is coming about as a result of mingling with us terrible mortals. Non-evokers even have a different starting experience apparently.

2 Likes

lol the new starting experience apparently contradicts the announcement in the stupidest way. They should just have used Algeth’ar academy as the starting area.

2 Likes

Well get onto that PTR forum with the feedback if you haven’t already. They’ve corrected contradictory lore before.

1 Like

Yeah what mel said.

The new drac is awakened from stasis by emberthal and she implies that the class was an active member of their army

1 Like

I recall there’s a ghost of a warlock drakonid of the black dragonflight but that might be ghost powers. :8ball::robot:

Maybe it would be neat to change the dialogue to mention this character for Dracthyr warlocks? Perhaps offer the warlock player was taught by Valthalak. :8ball::robot:

edit: Would imply that Valthalak has helped Nefarion create Dragonmen. :memo::robot:

I just want to make a sick chaos dragon that lauches chaos bolts from his mouth. If we cant have them come from their mouth then thats such a waste and letdown

2 Likes

If you read the articles, they highlighted that bit of the ‘how’.
It has nothing to do with stasis or before.

The new classes have their own intro where theyre being awoken for the first time like the evokers were. Only its present day and the events of dragonflight have happened.
Theyve woken up as their class.
Its the lore as of the ptr that all these new combos are what they were thousands of years ago.

It makes more sense this way as it explains why theyre not randomly giving up lots of power. These ones never had those powers.
Warlock is the only one that feels a bit off.

1 Like

Yea that makes more sense. Good thing they gave them a unique bit lol.