Dracthyr - Soar (Needs CD Reduction)

Pet Battles are 60% of the game for me, and I can say with utmost confidence >1% of pet battlers will care if a dracthyr can fly to a pet battle. They aren’t limited, and those that are limited no longer have competition.

As for Old Raids, and? I can teleport to Molten Core thanks to my WoD Challenge Mode reward, and teleport to the mountain as a Dark Iron too. My dark iron can also teleport relatively close to multiple raids. Etc.

As I keep saying in many threads, mage teleports, vulpera second hearth, dark iron mole machines, etc. all save WAY more time than Soar would save even with a 2 min CD and max speed.

12 Likes

Yeah, if someone wants to make an Evoker just to fly between pet battle NPCs, let them. Who cares?

Besides, from my experience you can’t even reach top speed very easily in the old world and go very far, unless you jump from Gorribal or something.

5 Likes

You can’t. There’s like zero elevation.

Very few places, like Hyjal would give you enough speed.

11 Likes

The only thing overpowered about Soar is jumping off Nordrassil, and buzzing the watchtowers in Orgrimmar while you have Danger Zone blasting at max volume. :dracthyr_lulmao:

5 Likes

:clap:t3: Remove :clap:t3: the :clap:t3: cooldown :clap:t3: on :clap:t3: Soar :clap:t3: Blizz! :clap:t3:

10 Likes

Monday and still no developer response to the backlash of the soar nerf, no news of CD removal either.

BUT HEY THEY’RE TOTALLY COMMUNICATING BETTER!

9 Likes

Or if I want to use them to fly fast between raids to collect MAIL transmog that THEY. CAN’T. EVEN. USE. IN. DRAGON. FORM.

5 Likes

It reads like an April Fool’s joke in July. I actually can’t believe this is serious.

Except then I remember Shadowlands.

3 Likes

QFT. Blizzard MO since WoD.

1 Like

A slightly more civil version of my post has been copied to the Dragonriding Feedback thread.

I didn’t forget. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Honestly and truly, thank you <3

3 Likes

Dude I know, seriously. Literally no incentive at all to even use Soar. Why bother. Why even bother keeping it on your action bars. I say remove Soar altogether if they’re not even going to offer any incentive to use it. Spellbloat.

Remove or greatly lower CD, or keep it the way it is and allow it to be used in combat. Stupid ability otherwise.

We should sign a petition for Blizzard to pick one of these options. Or, we sign a petition for Blizzard to rename the expansion to Dragonfail.

6 Likes

YES PLEASE!

I would spend so much time soaring just for fun… my druids are my favorite to air-swim on because its fun to be a bird lol … Let dragons be dragons t.t

10 Likes

Bumpidy bump bump

5 Likes

Help, I’ve fallen and I can’t get up without waiting for 5 minutes because my poor sad little dragon wings are tired and now 30% weaker than they used to be!

10 Likes

Enjoy the last few weeks before your capitals are filled with varicolored Big Bird clones stumbling around and taking off like crack addicted storks, I guess…

1 Like

Man you really hoping around the forums upset about the race arent you.

2 Likes

If 3 comments so far as contrasted to the collective thousands is hopping around, yes.

2 Likes

So, took a bit to watch the flight speeds side by side along with the mount. Its honestly not as bad as it would look like. Theyre about 10sec slower now and still can outpace flying mounts by a good bit.

Remember to show your support to our cause by throwing likes to the feedback about Soar given here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonriding/1279462/159

:heart: :dragon:

12 Likes