Dracthyr - Soar (Needs CD Reduction)

Should work like Druids flight form.

22 Likes

It’s not usable in combat as of right now, so I’m not really sure why there is a cooldown.
I’m curious to see as to why they gave it a cooldown.

Though I noticed that even though it doesn’t use Vigor… the Dracthyr soar has the blue glowing ‘vigor recharge’ visual when going fast enough, just like the dragon riding mechanic.

Wonder how hard it’ll be to let the Dracthyr soar scale up with dragon riding levels/skill.

11 Likes

Funny you mention this! I was just thinking about that earlier myself. they def should do this!

3 Likes

Make sure to provide your feedback regarding this on the alpha if you’ve been invited.

6 Likes

I’ll be honest, I don’t understand why this just isn’t a full-fledged, built-in “Dragonriding” form. It’s cool that they have the take-off like that do, but if it’s only being used in mountable areas anyways… why limit it?

10 Likes

I strongly suspect this is d/t PvP. I’m OK with reducing the CD as long as the ability causes the player to drop the flag in a bg.
Fly With Me ability is going to be broken as heck in battlegrounds as it’ll let people get to some weird places imo.

Fun detected, feature ejected.

6 Likes

Being due to PVP doesn’t make the most sense.

Not only is the ability very likely not available during combat, but it also has the same cast timer as a mount anyways.

So it’s no different than someone mounting to flee PVP interaction, Dracthyr or not.

As for within BGs and Arena, I doubt it’d be available since it’s a flying based “mount” and flying isn’t available inside instances.

11 Likes

Their flight cannot be used in combat.
Confirmed on Alpha & datamining showing the flag “cannot be used in combat”

So the 5 minute CD makes no sense.
Definite trademark “fun detected” moment I feel.

14 Likes

The drac’thyr’s flight racial can be used with the mount for more speed in Dragonflights zones and can be used outside of them in all of Azeroth. Hence why there’s a cd as it’s still a massive advantage for travelling.

Then why not give the Dracthyr flight with the traditional system for outside of the Dragon Isles/instanced content?

They already have all the animations for traditional flying. Including flying backwards.

If blizzard’s intention with the Dracthyr Evoker is to fulfill the fantasy of playing a Dragon…nothing kills that fantasy more than being forced to use another mount or ride another dragon.

14 Likes

Well they aren’t dragons, they’re just that Drac’thyrs. They’ve made it clear that those guys weren’t your big beefy traditional dragons. Which, like many things won’t make everyone happy.

Also, dragon riding is the same concept that Dracthyrs get for flying, if a dragon mount that you can use has a cd it does make sense that dracthyrs also have some.

personally i think there should just be two versions of it, one that functions how flying mounts always do and then the other with the mechanics of dragon riding

9 Likes

Blizzard has stated that the intention for Dracthyr is to “fulfill the fantasy of playing a dragon” multiple times

Also the dragon riding dragons don’t have cooldowns.
But the part of that system that’s objectively worse and can’t be upgraded (Dracthyr flying) does have a cooldown.

10 Likes

Yeah there isn’t really a reason for this to even have a cooldown. It’s cool and it looks fun.

Everyone else can use a mount for the exact same functionality, on no cooldown. Let the dragon race fly themselves without cooldown as well :slight_smile:

Also let the upgrades to dragon riding apply to them as well.

16 Likes

It does have cooldown to fly and speed up. Sure it doesn’t have cooldown just to use it, but like I said it’s already a massive advantage outside of dragon isle.

Yea but that doesn’t mean that they are the same as dragons, don’t be surprised by lawyer talk when we got one at the top.

Dracthyrs racials are still really strong, stronger than most other races. It doesn’t even compare to demon hunters gliding or druid form because it’s something way more unique that other players just won’t have access outside of dragon isles.

Theres no cooldown for the dragon riding abilities (or the initial takeoff by tapping space twice)
They just use a resource that regenerates when you’re going fast enough or are on the ground.

If the “advantage” is an issue, then give us a version of the normal BC type flight, akin to Worgen running wild.
Already pretty clear lore wise that the Dracthyr can fly, and they have all the animations for it already.

9 Likes

They could I’m just saying there is valid reasons why not to.

Sir. We don’t give fun things reasonable CDs around here.

6 Likes

True.
Wonder how long it’ll be until there’s a cooldown on Druid flight form. Picking herbs on mount is quite an advantage.

Or the Worgen running wild, it can be used in zones like the maw before you can use an actual mount.

5 Likes