Dracthyr RP discussion thread

My character will interact with a Dracthyr as she already interacts with many other races, playable and not as part of her history.

Now, I may not RP with it if it doesn’t meet some of the basic lore about them.

Heavily looking forward to being able to create a new character as a new link into the storyline of this community! But as others may have mentioned, not sure where I want to take my character. There’s so very little to go off of, but so much potential, I just can’t wait!

I’ve been digging around trying to find more on the naming conventions for drac’thyr but stumbling so far. But hey, look forward to meeting more folks as it goes. See you all in the Isles. o/

1 Like

I’ve poked around in the beta, and the NPC names all seem to be some variant of the color of their scales, but with draconic harsh syllables mixed in, or names like “Emberstrike,” or just flat out dragon names that follow the flights naming conventions… well, the black flight for the most part.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Heck yeah!!! Opportunities for an untouched and fresh race/class means there’s a chance to make a new mark in the RP community. To be able to create something as awesome as the other RP guilds out there. It may be the romantic in me but it’s worth trying at least.

1 Like

I agree. Im excited to create a character that is fundamentally new to the world and thus the RP community fabric. Kheledormu (Name in Progress???) is one of the happiest characters i’ve ever conceived in WoW or TTRPGS. He wants to know your birthday and favorite holiday and shout it from the stormwind rooftops. Theres something special about these kinds of characters and its exciting to be here for the inception of that.

Unrelated to you but imo Dracthyr naming conventions are up to the player entirely. Is your character giving reverence to the Dragons with their name? Dormus, Straz/Straza, Gos/Gosa, Tharion etc. etc. or choosing something strictly their own? That by itself to me is a cool bit of character development.

2 Likes

I don’t think I want to play my Dracthyr as especially awestruck by the world around her. In fact, I think she’s going to be mostly perceptive to what the state of the world is in pretty short order.

After that, though, I think she’s going to struggle with the sense that most problems can be solved by disintegrating the right people or things (and oh boy is she going to feel some undue responsibility for most problems out there).

2 Likes

Valkalas is likely going to be abandoning his wyern to work with the mortals more directly.
He is not an Evoker, but is going to be trying to learn more how to use his magic from the mortals.

His view is similar to the Sundered Flame and he’ll believe the dragons threw the Dracthyr away the moment they couldn’t be controlled & abandoned them. Thus he’ll hold no allegiance to the dragons and will have some borderlin disdain towards them.