Dracthyr needs masculine and feminine dragon form

I’m curious why you think a female dragon has to be shaped like a female human

18 Likes

There’s not a whole lot of dimorphism in lizards or even in game dragons.

22 Likes

Couldn’t figure out what their faces reminded me of. Finally figured it out. This old movie, Dinosaur. I can’t seem to link a pic but just Google it.

2 Likes

Its because there is only one dragon form for both female and male. Most dragons have genders and look different depending on the gender. The Dracthyr are basically test tube babies so there is no excuse why blizz limits the dragon form to a single non gendered dragon with a mix of feminine and masculine.

2 Likes

While those aren’t really comparative to what we’re getting, you are onto something.

Blizz are obviously taking a very anthro-inspired take on a dragon race, as such, it lacking in those “anthro” features actually seems to do a disservice to the model.

They stand up straight and have vaguely human muscular structure, they should reflect it in some way as masculine or feminine so as to be more easily recognized as such and not have their entire being in the uncanny valley, if you wanna look at it a differen’t way, bare-minimum, it’s for variety’s sake, they look so damn similar.

I can think of nothing more boring than that model repeated thousands of times over with their only differences being color. The customization isn’t the problem in my opinion, they’re great and add flavor, but the dish, is what’s off right now.

1 Like

Dracthyr are hybrids though. So they’re not fully dragon or fully mortal race based.

Neltharion was trying to make a super soldier. Why care about how they look in that case?

I mean why do you care about transmog, why do you customize your race when you make it. Maybe i wanna play a masculine looking dragon.

I mean all i am asking for is some customization on body type. Just so we are not stuck with female worgan models for both male and female.

5 Likes

Probably not the best take. By your logic, why care what any of our characters look like?

1 Like

Won’t stop the R34 artists anyways.

3 Likes

These are the same people who were mad about Kul Tuins.

Blizzard tried a beefier race, omg how dare you give us a fat race and people didn’t play them.

So Blizzard is giving these people a skinny pretty human formed dragon race. OMG THEY ARE TOO SKINNY HOW DARE YOU WE’LL NEVER PLAY THEM.

I’m starting to believe these people don’t know what they want besides to complain and be angry.

I think the dragon form looks great and the humaiod form has a ton of options. [shrugs]

13 Likes

Because I didn’t create the blood elf race?

I’m saying if a dragon was going “I want to make a super soldier. BUT THIS ONE BETTER BE THICC AND ONLY THESE ONES” it’d be a bit silly.

2 Likes

Dragons are based on reptiles. Go take a look how male and female reptiles look. Do you notice the difference right away?

10 Likes

But they should still have a decent amount of customization options regardless of what you think. Wanting dragons with breasts would be unreasonable, in my opinion, though I don’t doubt that’s someone’s thing. lol But extra jewelry, or perhaps some slightly more feminine faces would go a long way. Most of the female dragons in the game are decorated or look like this anyway. Not all, but most. I just think the options should be there.

7 Likes

Lizards lack sexual dimorphism. I don’t remember people complaining that female sethrak look the same as male sethrak. But man, did people want sethrak.

Dracthyr are better than sethrak though, much, much better.

14 Likes

You know there are millions of people that play wow and different people complain about different things. I for one would never play alliance so i dont care about kultuins.

You are grouping all complainers into one category which is super lazy and the only reason why you would do this is so you can easily group them and throw away there opinion.

People want basic character customization from the highest revenue MMORPG on the market. Crazy! Looks at all those stupid complainers.

Super bad take

1 Like

Oh, no, of course not. You could sooner stop the tides than their ilk. Really, getting worked up over 'teh furries" is as useless and pointless an endeavor as one can embark upon.

… Still, just because forest fires are inevitable doesn’t mean we should legalize deer hunting with flamethrowers.

I guess it was either this or the legions of “herpetologists” screeching about how “REPTILES DON’T HAVE BOOBIES!!!” and whatnot.

The only winning move is not to play. Or, in this case, get hung up on it either way.

You can have plenty of customization options still.

I just find it a bit silly people can’t tolerate playing a neutral gender lizard

6 Likes

Use that same logic with cows and tauren then. Use that same logic with pandas then.

Super bad take for less customization. People like customization, having less customization because insert no reason is just not good enough for a MMORPG that earns billions.

2 Likes

Neutral is fine, in my opinion. I just want to see more options for everyone. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s all.

1 Like

Cows have male / female differences tho

Male pandas are longer than the females and have stronger forelegs. Also they’re chonky compared to the girls. So they have differences too

1 Like