Dracthyr, NEED more Classes

Calm down, I also agree with your sentiments and feelings, but Frara isn’t saying you shouldn’t voice your opinion. They’ve infact liked a good bit of my comments here, where I voiced my opinions and wants.

Heck, Frara has even stood up for the potential of them getting more classes later on.

All they are saying here, is that as of now. The box feature is really the EVOKER CLASS, and DRAGONRIDING.

They also wanted us to get a Dragon Race, so we got Dracthyr that is the ONLY race who can be the Box feature Class, and the race can use Dragonriding, with it’s own wings.

The race getting more classes isn’t a feature they had planend, based on all of the other systems in place, but AT LEAST we’ve gotten them to start talking about how they’ve got plans for more Body Sizes for Dracos, and we’ve got them to say that it is Definitely Possible to see more Dracthyr class options in this expansion and down the line, which is a positive.

BfA Blizz Would’ve NEVER given told us that it was a possibility. They would’ve just said no, and 10 years later they might have caved. But now they are saying it’s a definite possibility, and based on our feedback, we MIGHT get them, which is a somewhat of a win. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why would I pick up an axe or a sword when I can fly above your head and fry you with fire breath?

2 Likes

I don’t want Warrior to get that trash can race.

Well, others do and not everyone thinks it’s a “trash can race.”

I, and evidently many others, really love the look of them. If they get warrior and you don’t want to play it… then don’t?

It’s pretty simple, really. Actively hoping against others when it doesn’t affect you is a little silly though.

That is the question in any high fantasy setting.

If you want to be realistic, warriors shouldn’t exist in the game at all. Any melee shouldn’t exist.

We have magic that can wipe out entire armies, we have airplanes, we have actual machine guns and nukes… fighting in melee is stupid, logically.

It is, however, fun–and that’s what counts.

1 Like

The issue is the Timeframe basically.
If they were awake all those 10000 years I totally agree.
Motivations and aspirations would change them to have a more broader set of skille(classes)

But as far as what we know, they were created by Neltharion solely to be able to use all 5(4) powers of the Dragonflights.
Then the Island was hidden and they were put to sleep.

I think it makes a lot of sense to have only Evoker at the beginning and other classes during the events of the Expansion.

3 Likes

You don’t have to play that race as a warrior, problem solved. Heck I didn’t GOBLINS trashy butts to be a race, because all they do is plunder, rape, and destroy the planet everywhere they go for a profit. But OOPS guess what, Goblins can even be SHAMANS a nature based class, and some people, like yourself enjoy that option. So SIT DOWN and shush it. You don’t have to play the race.

Races often have 1 ATTACK as a racial, a CHANGABLE/THEMEABLE breath weapon, could be a Dracthyr racial. So You might be able to be a Warrior and still have a Fire or Frost breath weapon.

1 Like

I hope you’re wrong. :\ Really, really sucks to have this limitation on a highly desirable playable race.

Literally just give them the allied race treatment. Require players to level an Evoker to 70 before they’re able to choose other classes. Start those Dracthyr at level 10 in SW/Org with the lore justification that, having newly awoken, some Dracthyr want to explore Azeroth and take up new talents. It’s not even a stretch to imagine. All it requires is will on the part of the devs.

3 Likes

A breath weapon racial was actually what I thought would work best for keeping the dragon theme across other classes.

It doesn’t even need to be very good–just barely good enough to warrant pressing in aoe situations.

3 Likes

Yeah, but in this case it’s not a racial, it’s a rotational ability, and they have multiple versions of it. Including versions where they’re flying around and strafing targets. If you’re a Dracthyr, why would you waste time with swords when you can stuff like that?

Tell me more about how genuine this person is being.

And I think that’s a bad design choice, and somewhat disingenuous, so I’m commenting in a thread on a public forum my opinion on it. Because I don’t like when blizzard makes design choices that I think are bad for the game overall, and I don’t think the best time to comment on those choices is after they have had a negative impact on the game.

If the race getting more classes wasn’t planned, then blizzard isn’t listening to feedback and the race was a bad choice in the first place. I agree it’s a positive to hear them saying it’s not outside the realm of possibilities, but that doesn’t mean they can’t do more, better, and sooner.

So until they give a better reason they can’t or won’t, I will keep voicing my dissatisfaction with this decision. It’s not enough, and blizzard should do more.

3 Likes

We don’t actually know what their racials are at the moment.

They might have a breath weapon racial and then some enhanced ones in the class! We don’t have those details yet.

I think it’d be a good option though, as it would keep the theme rolling when they presumably do open up other classes.

Because it sounded like they were seriously considering it the way Ion worded things.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they don’t have racials because their class and race are one in the same.

1 Like

Well, it is a trash can race.

I imagine they have racials. lol

We need to wait on information before really commenting on it though.

Then don’t play it. lol

But don’t try to tell those that want to play it what they should want.

I won’t. I also don’t want it to taint my classes. Leave it as it is. Evoker only.

If you want to play it, play Evoker.

About the lf topic, one ca. Theoriz the light leaves their body upon death (same could be said of void elves) which allows them to be raised.

As for dragon kind, we already seen them raised as frost wryms several times in the past, and fought them. Also one could say that once a dragon dies, they lose their power over life ( the domain of red/green aspects)

As for the worgen curse? I dunno what the common theory is, but one could conceptualize it as the same reflection as kul tiran druids, the cycle of nature that is death.

You are, and it doesn’t affect you. lol

Ion already said it was “Definitely possible” that they’d get other classes, so this discussion is pointless–and a bit silly.

It’s like me telling you that I dislike goblin shamans (and I do) and you shouldn’t play them because I don’t like them.

It’s asinine. haha

Agreed, that is asinine. To not like Goblins I mean.

Oh I like goblins, just not goblin shamans.

Other people, however, do like them and that’s perfectly okay with me! I just want people to play what they like and have fun.

I’m fairly sure their reasoning was to limit development time for the class/race combos, at least in part, but the more I think of it they really don’t need to make this a race class combo. It is kind of neat though. As long as we get more race class combos in the future so it’s not a stand alone thing.

2 Likes