Dracthyr, NEED more Classes

It’s more work, testing and balancing that isn’t budgeted in the current release date. The racials are awesome because they compliment the class and they would need to be nerfed by a lot to make the race non mandatory for other classes in competitive play. You want to be other classes with them because they are badass but they can’t be badass without being restricted to one class. It just becomes the obvious meta race for every class they can be at that point.

And things like those racials should be toned down if Blizz genuinely intends to open up the class options. Like it’s gonna feel bad for everyone Evokers included if it gets nerfed to the ground next expac.

I am seeing hopeful signs of dracthyr getting more classes. I just…hope they dont get them three years from now. Hopefully they are hinting at them being unlocked later in the xpack.

DRACTHYR STARTING ZONE SPOILERS:
for those that have not seen it yet, when going around the starting zone it is very clearly established that not all the dracthyr are evokers. as a matter of fact, being an evoker is considered rather prestegious because not a lot of dracthyr achive it. there is a little plauqe you can find detailing what the Earth Warder’s plan for the dracthyr were, detailing how they would be seperated into different groups to specialize in one of the following: defence, healing, attacking, infiltration and strategy. An evoker is one of the rare few who mastered some of the magic from each catagory. (several dracthyr remark on the track they were put in. one even mentions having planed on being a diplomat)
We also see several dracthyr trapped in stasis. these dracthyr are called “obsidian wadrers.” and remain stuck in stasis when you leave the zone, with one of the few from their group who made it out deciding to stay behind to try to find a way to save them. (you can watch kraken latte’s videos for a thorough exploration of the zone- though its quite long)

I also noticed a curious little detail while making my Dracthyr in the wowhead dressing room. they seem to already have animations in place for using javelins, guns and bows.

so, fingers crossed i guess. this at least helps add more dimensions to the race and dispels the argument of “why would a dracthyr want to be anything other than evoker.” because apparently its a hard thing to achieve and non evoker dracthyr already seem to exist in lore.

4 Likes

Dracthyr should remain as evoker and nothing else.

Evoker should remain a caster class and not have a tank spec added.

Right I’m honestly hoping that there is a sooner over later mentality going on. And I can’t wait to actually see more of the race over the expansion and what the lore and background really are.

1 Like

Tossing a link to my thread here:

TL;DR - Dracthyr only capture half of the draconic fantasy. Drakonids would capture the other half, allowing us to be bulky dragonmen in all those roles that Dracthyr cannot.

2 Likes

A race being only one class doesn’t make sense. It means they are totally unable to be individuals and goes against the idea of RP.

6 Likes

They’re dragon-people, not robots. They’re capable of looking at someone doing something they don’t know and asking ‘yo how’s that go again? i wanna try’.

2 Likes

This is true. However, I do think that it would be a more sensible option to simply add Drakonids as a playable race to fully appeal to the physical side of the draconic fantasy coin.

People that want a bulky draconic race with sexual dimorphism and the ability to tank win.
People that agree with the philosophy behind the Dracthyr Evoker exclusivity are uncompromised.

Wins all around.

What compromise? Dracthyr aren’t robots. They don’t do beep-boop, they’re capable of learning new things or having their own desires. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t be suitable as PCs because they’d be on strict autopilot.

I would be down for the Dracthyr to have more body types to maybe appeal to the bulkier melee fantasy, but a one-class race makes less than no sense because it infers that is literally all the race can do. Imagine if Orcs were Warriors and Shamans and that’s it. They’d be memed on for the entirety of the game.

1 Like

I say if we see one Dracthyr using weapon to fight in game we riot.

I see no reason a Dracthyr WOULDN’T want to pick up a weapon!

‘I tend to be pretty squishy if things get to me. Maybe if I used this really long spear/big sword I could keep things away from me. Nah, better go in with claws and hope for the best.’

1 Like

well you have 3 races - gnomes, goblins and vulpera who by that logic should not be able to tank so

1 Like

No knowledge of the other classes in the world? I am willing to bet we will come across tons of other types of Dragons and other beings in these zones that will be Warriors, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks, and so on and so forth. You get my drift.

This just Evokers is nonsense and makes me a little mad.

2 Likes

Well the Dracthyr we’re playing have been isolated (I think?) from the rest of the world. I don’t recall if they were dormant, but if they were it would definitely make sense that they didn’t know about anything besides Evoking. If they weren’t dormant, I could only really see them teaching themselves to be Warriors, Hunters, Rogues and Mages (Mages cause they’d lean into the blue Dragonflight part of the class)

Playing a Dracthyr as a warrior would be insanely cool. The concept of being a dragon dual-wielding 2h weapons is pretty badass. Even if it was only 1 other class they have access to I would vote warrior.

Not as badass as a Drakonid with a couple two-handers.

I’ve not responded to this in ever.

But I have Beta, and Evokers are stated to be the elite Dracthyr. Implying they aren’t all Evokers.

Also, they now have voice lines for Energy, Rage, and Ammo.

1 Like

Ammo? Hunters have infinite ammo now so why bother with that?

Do you mean focus?

I personally don’t know about it. They would need their racials nerfed into dust if they where added as other classes. Imagine a Rogue, Mage and other classes with good CC getting to have another kockback + knockup. They would need to at least be removed from racials and added to the class.

As long as they find a way to do it without making the racials worse for Evokers who rely on them then IDC.