Dracthyr look ridiculously awful

If only there was some sort of system wherein we could take different kinds of items to create a different look, tone, and silhouette for our Dracthyr. We’d be borrowing from two decades of art assets to allow for a degree of creativity from the player to establish how their character looks. Some kind of “transfiguration” system that could use unlocked armour to supplement your aesthetic character customization…

4 Likes

Actually i do.

And i won’t let someone who clearly hasn’t outgrown his Hot Topic phase tell me what i’m allowed to like or not.

17 Likes

The first step is always denial!

11 Likes

I also don’t like the Draktyr much. Would love to have a Drakonid, tho.

17 Likes

Kayfabe off, I like mine, too. But only having shoulders and belt buckles visible is incredibly frustrating. You either go “draconic regal” or “nude dragon” for your transmog options. There is nothing else. And the longer I play, the more annoyed I get.

7 Likes

Post here:

It would be nice to keep an active thread on getting Drakonid playable.

4 Likes

Indeed, I share your frustrations. They’re either unfinished or deliberately injected into WoW to create chaos. Any gentleman would be reasonably frustrated by that.

7 Likes

Their heads are too small. That’s my only real issue. Not a whole lot bigger, just a bit more larger.

11 Likes

Idk, not an issue for me since even on my normal toons i was settled on one specific Tmog for years so i don’t really see the difference with Dracthyrs.

3 Likes

You’re content with the xmog options in lizard form?
You might be the first.

6 Likes

And they overtly said that this was a philosophical choice, not a technical limitation. They’re fully capable of getting transmog going for us. I mean… they made Tauren work by 2004. They are choosing to enforce their narrow vision in a era that they are otherwise ostensibly empowering the players.

If people want to transmog as a nude dragon, let them.
If people want to use the barbershop armours for a regal look, let them.
For people that want anything else? Let them decide what looks good or bad. Like any other race. Don’t make the decision for us.

5 Likes

You say that as if not every DH player looked exactly the same.

I legit see more variations amongst Evokers.

4 Likes

The Dracthyr really bum me out. The idea of “playing a dragon” is SO FREAKING COOL, I just can’t fathom how we ended up with the Dracthyr. Like… why not “teenage-dragons”, something between the tiny whelps, and the massive dragons we’ve typically seen?

A smaller, player-sized dragon could have been SO incredibly cool. Honestly, I’d have just say “they can transmog any armor type for their Visage, their actual Dragon-forms will unlock new options like Dragonriding mounts”.

Either way… I feel like Dracthyr, as they currently are, are kind of a failure. Massively disappointing, and I don’t feel like they’re up to the usual Blizzard standard.

14 Likes

Most toddlers can empathize with others. Issues aren’t made invalid because they aren’t issues for us, personally. A lack of diverse transmog is an issue for people, whether you’re comfortable settling with the singular rushed and flawed aspect of the race or not. Aesthetic customization should not end with character creation in 2022.

1 Like

Next thing, you’re gonna tell me I don’t like my Kul Tirans or Mechagnomes.

Unpopular, sure.

Also, lol, you’re playing a Blood Elf and telling others what they can like.

6 Likes

In fact, I do like my Dracthyr.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I may have been harsh but I was truly looking forward to the new race when they were announced. Really disappointed how they turned out.

7 Likes

I was hoping for those big dragon guys ( the guards ) to be what we got.

Oh well.

13 Likes

Yeah, drakonids!..check them mega thread link up some comments.

5 Likes

Yes! Drakonids!

I forgot the name :blush: Thanks!

2 Likes