Dracthyr evokers might get a future tank spec

Or just make Drakonids playable, give them Warriors, Paladins, and even Death Knights and Monks, and call it a day. No compromised Evokers and fully realized draconic tanks. Win-win.

1. you can cast while moving thanks to hover, you can have casts that arent slowed by getting hit and/or still allow you to mitigate damage while casting like DH and Monk, you also have instant casts abilities for while on the move

2. Slows, stops, and stuns are a part of you toolkit

3. your casts can incorporate tanking abilities, for example channeling disintegrate causes a frontal barrier that pushes enemies back and abosrbs some dmg

4. tanks arent dps, they are tanks and should always focus more on surviving and controlling mobs while pushing out enough threat to hold agro not beat dps

So basically another,

• Heritage Armors
  • New Allied Races
  • Archeaology Updates
  • Third Spec for DH’s

etc situation? K.

2 Likes

what range you speak of. 80-90% of mobs run to the tank once attacked youd have to constantly be moving to keep the 25-yard range. DPS going to yell like nothing else here on forums about having to always be moving with them as the tanks.

You dont like caster tanks??? GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE… >.>

I’ll pester Blizzard for you as soon as I see you guys give the same energy for added ranged spec on every new class that has come out since WOTLK. Until then, go pound sand.

Same thing was said about another dps spec for DH. Were now in full lazy development where the last two new classes only have two specs.

Smh.

when DH first came out I was very adamant that hey should have another 3rd spec be it second mele, healer or ranged because two specs was a sign of laziness in my eyes. Now go pester Blizzard. Yall argued then the same way yall do now and thus a standard of only 2 specs has become the new norm

I know. It would be exclusively a class fantasy sort of thing. You wouldn’t actually be at range most of the time. Folks suggesting that probably don’t tank. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though, they could have some cool abilities that stun/root mobs, disengage out, and fly back in with some cool spell effect.

1 Like

That’s the option I would prefer, really.

Or just open up other classes to the dracthyr themselves. Ion alluded to the possibility of that in a future expansion and it solves the issue handily.

1 Like

You tanks already have the most

DRUID (BEAR)
WARRIOR (PROTECTION)
PALADIN (PROTECTION)
DEMON HUNTER (VENGEANCE)
DEATH KNIGHT (BLOOD)
MONK (Brewmaster)

CASTER

Mage
Warlock
Priest
Shaman (elemental)
Druid (balance)

1 Like

seems like thats a 6 to 6 ratio with evoker dps/tank making it 7 to 7. Lets also not forget mage x 3 and lock x 3. You also forgot hunter x 2. Sorry argument null and void. If anything your argument further strengthens the argument for evoker tanks. Maybe adding it in all caps will make you see it clearly

HUNTER (MM)
HUNTER (BM)
SHAMAN (ELE)
DRUID (BALANCE)
PRIEST (SHADOW)
LOCK (DEMO)
LOCK (DESTRO)
LOCK (AFF)
MAGE (FIRE)
MAGE (FROST)
MAGE (ARCANE)
PRIEST (SHADOW)
PRIEST (DISC, HYBRID OF DMG AND HEALING)

SO IN YOUR OWN WORDS “you ranged already have the most”
Plus, no one is saying take the range dps spec away, keep devastation and preservation AS WELL AS adding a tank spec for a class where the fantasy actually makes sense and would be fun to play. Saying a caster doesnt fit the tank fantasy is not true because Evoker is a mid range caster and it would be awesome to tank with it.

2 Likes

Also I just remembered monks also has a tank spec.

Yeah not arguing that wouldnt be a cool tank spec just think that theres a lot of work to make it work as a caster or ranged plus keeping the fact that 6 other tanks are all melee and majority of the mobs in game run to the target with most threat

1 Like

What I hear is, “We had out get it out the door so we only did two. We cut the third for time, but maybe we’ll finish it some day… just, don’t hold your breath.”

1 Like

If you think evokers might someday get a third spec let me remind you of demon hunters.

What third DH spec would they make? Majority of DHs i feel like enjoy the in your face fighting mentality with lot of mobility. DH healers dont make sense since Fel is more damage than healing.

Ranged suppose with glaives and spells revolving around throwing them or some form or ranged fel spell but how many DHs seriously want to play ranged honestly?

What third spec did the og Devs make for every DPS class? Smart devs make cool stuff. A third spec could easily be created for DH.

1 Like

100% agree, them not making a 3rd spec then and us not making enough noise about it is what lead to them thinking its ok to release new classes with only 2 specs as the new norm. Like c’mon why not wow us and give this hero class 4 specs. I dont mind for the first few months of dragonflight if every one is playing an evoker and having fun with it. It will eventually die down, class tuning will eventually take place, people will eventually reroll

1 Like

Honestly Dk could have gotten only 2 specs and none would have complained.

Hero classes are special… If the precedent exists for one it can exist for others