Dracthyr Dance Origin

Does anyone know where this dance came from?

1 Like

Its a shuffle
Maybe from Party Rock Anthem

2 Likes

I can totally see that! Thanks!

16 Likes

Yeah, Molly still did it better.

3 Likes

It looks like a mixture of TikTok dances and old timey dances…

It’s a form of boxstep shuffle from the 80s that mixed the electric slide and the Charleston together.
It wasn’t real popular until the Breakfast Club, primarly made famous by Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy who during down times would randomly perform this dance for fans and meander away, and music videos; mainly New Wave jumped on it quick.

Forgotten in the 90s and beyond until TikTok app arrived. and to some credit LMFAO Party Rock happened.

14 Likes

ITS SWING!!! a form of dance back in the roaring (19)20s. breakfast club raised its popularity and party rock anyhem helped. Then enter electro-swing which brought it back completely <3 <3 <3 you may recognize the genre of music from the old Disney cartoons. Ragtime, the box shuffle, boogie, tritone, and a few others are all a part of the swing genre!!! Great music to keep your spirits high at work, altho youll turn some heads getting into the groove.

2 Likes

Reminds me of that peanut butter jelly time dance from back in the day

So, let me get this right, Blizzard not only trying to get players into DF with furries, but also by using 80s nostalgia?

1 Like

About 1 minute in. Closest thing I can find.

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Here it is

5 Likes

It is interesting to me that most other races have more modern dances, but the Dracthyr, who have been frozen for 20000 years have an older dance.

1 Like

Oh nice!

Hmm, I wonder if the Visage got it too or is the Blood/Void elf dance…?

The Visage use most if not all the animations from them. The only thing I think the Visage is missing or doesn’t use is the casting idle animation… they just put up their punches, look really funny after turning back from Draconic Form to Visage after a fight. :grin:

So, I happened to be dancing on top of one of the rocks waiting for the next elemental to spawn (you can fight them from up top the portal looking rocks, take almost no damage, and just pop down and loot after it’s dead), when I started looking up the reference. I watched the vid you linked, and alt tabbed back over to check something - turns out, the dance goes REALLY well to this sort of music lol.

Yes, it is a shuffle dance, but I believe that it’s Cutting Shapes, specifically.

1 Like

:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :panda_face: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

“It looks like the way I use to do the Pogo Dance, back in the days.”
/giggle

Sign me up. Just about anything 80’s has got my interest. Best decade imo.

I used to watch him mainly because of the song Booty Swing which led me to him, lol.
Parov Stelar - Booty Swing (TSC - Forsythe) - YouTube