Dracthyr Dance Origin

1 Like

1 Like

real sad how those two ended up much later on

“This is the one it reminded me of, from the first time I saw it.”

It’s called the shuffle.

“It could be a mesh of them both, The Shuffle AND The Charleston.”

That is known as the “white dragons got no rythm”.

2 Likes

Something recent and a mix of the past. Sounds about right for Dracthyr

1 Like

“That Shuffle Dance looks like what I would do, when the music was good, but I had no one to dance with. So I would just shuffle in the corner. That was MANY years ago.”
/lol

1 Like

I’m going with the rest to say it looks like some sort of shuffle. Until I moved to the US south, I didn’t even realize there were dances that a ton of people have memorized until I saw this 80+ year old lady in our theater group doing “The Wobble” in an 1880’s bustle in a preshow warm up. Every time I think I know all the shuffles out there, a DJ pops out a new song and everyone jumps on the dancefloor. This isn’t exactly the same as any I know but shares some vibes with Copperhead Road.

“Back in my days, they just called it The Wallflower Dance.”
/giggle

1 Like

That just general shuffling! Everybody shuffles around the world!

2 Likes

“Yup! It’s a Global Dance.”
/grin

I think it’s pretty similar to the “rebolation” psytrance dance that used to be a fever in brazil in 2009, idk how it’s called in other countries but check this out.

1 Like

Old thread, but I think it’s linked to wow because of some old Chromie fan videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD-hQ7quniI
there’s also an older one, but anyway, take the song and this is the compilation of dance videos you find. 1:19. Anyway, seems the dancing and this song always come back to wow so nice to see it full circle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nouBXeqVbzc

1 Like

Some interesting thoughts, but I am thinking that the Dracthyr dance origin is actually Mr. Vain by Culture Beat. Hopefully we can get some confirmation from Blizz on this regardless of what song it is.

If you go to 2:54, in the video below, you can really see some moves that are exact to the dracthyr.