Dracthyr… we were promised Smog, what we got was toothless

Come on blizzard, you can do better. Let’s make those dracthyr models a little more… fearsome. It’s not too late

4 Likes

Idk if I saw a Dracthyr in a dark alley, I’d be pretty scared, not for my life but scared nonetheless.

2 Likes

Hey now… Toothless is epic. Dracthyr are not epic.

This is swank:

This is not:

9 Likes

I rather like the models.

4 Likes

I don’t think blizzard promised you pollution

4 Likes

Why do you want smog? What’s fun about having a hard time seeing down the street and potentially noxious fumes?

3 Likes

I dont find them that bad. the jewelery is especially well done and better than any other races too.

8 Likes

You weren’t promised a thing. They literally showed us the Drac’thyr in the exact same video where they announced they were happening.

1 Like

Sometimes I want to RP that I’m in China.

isnt the US supreme court currently doing something to bring smog back? lol.

Make Air Granular Again

4 Likes

Is it just WoW players that have forgotten what the word ‘promise’ means or is it everybody these days?

2 Likes

According to the wow forums promise seems to mean: i imagined it so do it or i’ll be mad.

3 Likes

True. But I think that after Worgen went from feral rage-cursed murder machines to fursonas and good boys and Vulpera were added I think people were hoping that Blizzard’s art team would give us a race that may have been inclusive to other identities rather than that identity being front and center.

Instead Blizzard found a way to make playing a dragon boring.

2 Likes

Dang you already played a dragon and know its boring? Thats some powerful timewalkin ya got goin on there.

3 Likes

I mean, Smaug got one-shot by a hunter so I don’t know that’s really where we want to go.

1 Like

Ah so it’s just furry panic fueling this idiocy

1 Like

Usually companies front load their best looking, most compelling content to hook you in. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable here. Dracthyr are visually unappealing. They don’t look intimidating, and their dragon forms look like the worse version of Worgen human forms or Druid shape shifting forms.

And because it’s blizzard, they probably don’t have much lined up in terms of customization. So it’s not like they’re hiding the cool stuff from us. Meaning that the only people who Blizzard could have conceivably been making the Dracthyr for are… scalies.

Which, to be clear, is fine. Scalies have as much of a right to be represented in the media they play as anyone else. But they have the same syndrome Worgen have. Very few customization options, almost all of them were made to appeal to a very specific demographic. Kind of like how male night elves used to appeal to the guys who think “perpetual scowl face” is what they want.

Man here I thought worgen just looked in general really cool. guess it turns out they were only made to appeal to furries and no one else was made the wiser.

2 Likes

I generally go for superhero proportions. Broad shoulders, narrow waist/hips. This is like…the exact opposite.

This body type should exist as an option, but not as the only option imo