DPs balance in M+ is so bad - has huge negative impacts

I wonder how many people have quit because their spec is considered bad, can’t get into groups, or gets ridiculed when they are in groups.

Its not an issue of doing enough dps to do high keys, its the issue that you are only viewed as highly by the community as the best specs out there.

My historical mains are SP and feral. My lock alt, that I don’t even really want to play, has so much of an easier time, its a joke.

Why can’t Bliz put more effort into producing some reasonable level of balance for M+ plus?

24 Likes

Just make your own groups…
If people are quitting because they are ‘ridiculed for their spec’, they probably shouldn’t be on the internet, to begin with.
You can’t really balance specs just for m+. Class balance affects every aspect of play. The PvPers, the Raiders, the open-world derpers, etc. will all be complaining about something at all times. That’s just how it is. Balance is not a thing that can exist to be in favor of every player.

5 Likes

Why the hell not? It’s probably the most popular activity in the game, of course you can balance specs for m+, Blizzard just doesn’t even try

23 Likes

Ur opinion isn’t worth much w/o posting on a main that shows what spec you play and what you have actually done. Balance is difficult for sure, but its ridiculously bad right now.

And you can’t just make ur own groups because you need particular dungeons for M+ rating ffs.

1 Like

Too be fair, being more consistent with AoE caps would make a huge difference in M+. As would balancing out class utility where some classes get AoE stuns, ST stuns, saps, and group wide buffs where others get a single ST stun and that’s it.

4 Likes

Hey bro if you need a key hmu. I’ll take a shadow priest over a cheetoh fingered brick in the wall survival hunter any day

5 Likes

Jakkob used deflection!

…but it failed!

1 Like

My gf and I took a break because of how bad the meta is right now, actually. Obviously something will always be best, but right now it’s just silly.

2 Likes

The lack of balance is definitely making people quit. Most wow players are boomers that don’t have time to level flavor of the month alts. I don’t mind there being a seasonal meta, but currently it’s considered throwing if you’re party doesn’t have blood, holy, destruction, survival, windwalker which is pure bullsh!t. The main problem is that those 3 classes are just so far ahead of everyone else.

1 Like

DPS balance in M+ is pretty good, theres really only a few outliers out of the dozens of DPS specs in the game:

• Shadow - worst interrupt in the game, offers no needed utility
  • Retribution - does great damage, but is the only melee DPS without needed utility
  • Feral - has pretty solid utility but not as good as moonkin, damage profile is garbage for M+

And of course, the drastic overperformance of warlocks and survival.

These are pretty easy problems to solve.

Give shadowpriests a normal ranged interrupt (~18-24sec), make PI external only, and give them “darkness” (Rogue shroud).

Give Feral’s access to treants or “pass without trace” (Rogue shroud), make Brutal Slash no longer replace swipe when talented.

Give Paladins more flexibility with Auras. Auras right now are total afterthought garbage. A paladin Aura should be able to replace any (1) missing needed party buff in a group (AI, Battle Shout, Fortitude, Mark of the Wild).

Nerf destruction and survival by ~15% in aoe.

Personally I feel m+ is balanced enough till the 15’s range. Beyond that of course the ‘meta’ specs pull ahead. Thankfully rewards don’t scale beyond it to make an actual difference.
As Destro I had to endure 2 bad patches to get one good one. Always an issue if you’re locked to a spec, something which sadly dps priest and shamans have no choice with. Takes a very good lock to play demo in 9.0, aff in 9.1 & Destro in 9.2, which is what they must do to be considered good all through this expansion as you suggest.

I mean, I just do enough to get my 3 vault loots honestly.

People only really pick mages for A) Food and B) Lust

Which basically means if they got any other lust in the group they will replace me for basically any other class.

They just need to split off M+ like pvp. Separate tuning, gear ilevel, “M+ talents”, etc.

Otherwise it is impossible to balance.

1 Like

it can hurt feelings seeing locks and survs do 50k with their eyes closed while you sweat for 25k but hey… it is what it is. i dont remember blizzard being good at balancing, ever.

i actually think they rely on that to pump up time-played values. if everyone is busy rolling their new lock/surv, thats more play time for the stats.

like they could probably balance things better, but do they really want to?
no, theyll just wait a while and make something else OP for more of that juicy play time!

3 Likes

I just wish they did balance passes more then once a patch. Would be real nice.

Even if the balance is just as bad, a shifting meta is always better than a stagnant one.

4 Likes

I swear, Blizzard’s balance team must be severely undermanned. Don’t get me wrong, I know that it’s probably a nightmare having to balance classes with 3 different specs that are essentially their own classes because of how differently they play, but like come on, you got classes like Warlocks and Surv Hunters just shredding stuff and then you have every mage spec sweating to do half the damage of those two, how do they let stuff like this rolling for so long?

6 Likes

I agree, this is taking too long, I can’t stand warlock anymore, i want my mage :frowning:

3 Likes

Every class of every spec managed to get all the +20 done.
Meta and balance matters but you never going to have a super balanced game because a) 33 specs and several games modes at the same time, some specs shines in arena but are bad for m+ for instance, b) very balanced games also tend to be very homoginized which means extremely boring and c) it kinda sucks to everyone playing the good class get it nerfed in the mid of a season/expansion, people are ok with tweaks, not revamps.

I never went for anythign aside ksm but the classes i play i knwo they arent meta and id fine, i also create my own groups most of the time.

2 Likes

Or how about Blizzard balance the specs so that there aren’t S, A, B, C tiers. Oh that’s right, they are too busy nerfing a raid level that 1% of the players play.

4 Likes

This true in general but a cop out this season. This season the dps delta is significantly larger than the last two. They didn’t hardly any effort into balancing this season. Raid was tweaked and M+ was just left to face the massive imbalance.

1 Like