DPS as Healer

No, you shouldn’t have to. Way too demanding to switch targets, use a completely different row of abilities, etc.

For all those saying, “You should do something when not healing…”, yeah you don’t have to worry about multi targeting and all that. You just spam your AOE and face roll your keyboard.

Please, just shut up. Healers should heal and rez. That’s it.

4 Likes

It’s bait everyone.

6 Likes

I agree to some extent, but healers are not required to do nothing if healing isn’t needed. If you can throw in that tiny bit of DPS when nobody needs heal, then do it. But don’t just stand there and do nothing.

EDIT: I fell for the bait.

Good news, everyone! I’m a regular again so I can post this:

3 Likes

why don’t you want to do anything at 100% mp lol we barely need mp as it is. dps and stop using mp5 thinking for no reason

2 Likes

Lol. Sure. If you play a healer you really dont have to do any damage.

That said, you wont get invited to the next key if you dont. Second, your chances of timing the key are reduced. Third, you want to help your group, don’t you?

I have healed a lot of keys. I do all the damage I can as a healer. Occasionally, as when the dps like to stand in fire and take all kinds of avoidable damage, I get tired of rescuing them and simply do damage instead of healing them till they get the message.

Play your way though. It is your money, your time, and your game experience.

4 Likes

1 Like

OP has never stepped into a m+ this season
:100:

3/10 troll thread, because you’ll probably get a few more bites…but too many of these up atm, so i doubt it will compete with the bigger posts. gl though OP!

Healers are not Healers/DPS or Support/DPS. They are Healers/Support. That’s it. That’s all.

2 Likes

nonsense.
Help/Harm macros make it VERY easy to DPS between heals.
Set your target for the boss or what the tank is pounding on…mouse over heals for your team.
Nothing can be easier.

sounds like someone got kicked for not tossing in some damage between heals lol

pot
kettle
black

2 Likes

You aren’t using that correctly.

1 Like

I know but the intent is there at least

try to find a good set up with macros for whatever youre playing…something similar to this

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,help]Chain Heal;Chain Lightning

Target the boss or the tanks target, then when you mouse over your team it’ll use that heal, when youre not moused over them, it’ll cast the offensive spell you have macroed on whatever you have targeted.
Obviously it doesnt work well with everything, but you should be able to get SOME damage in easily between heals.
Works fantastic with Rshaman.

Healers are not DPS/Healers. They’re just Healers. If your group is missing DPS from your healer, you’re doing it wrong.

1 Like

So…since youre basically useless between heals, dont complain when you get passed over for a healer who WILL put out some damage.

But… but… I must reply to the Nth topic on this!!!

:dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: