Doxxed Players

It’s come to my attention there is a community that plays both retail and classic that have a public website that shows their black-listed players.

The information that is placed under their character names include their alts’ names, classes and such. What is actually concerning about this is there are also these people’s Discord names and their ID numbers. The reasons under some of these players is considerably concerning and as someone who has seen the level of toxicity reach its peak in a game I love. I’m extremely concerned for the safety of those people on this list.

One in particular had to make an entire new discord account due to this and a new btag because of how badly they were being harassed and bullied by this guild and their GM.

What I would like to know is does this type of behavior fall under going against TOS or will this be something that should be reported and dealt with in discord?

(Side note: The bullying and harassing towards the players on their public site is very much past the typical ‘elitist’ behavior I’m sure some of us have experienced before. The list also includes a specific /spit list where they specifically tell people to do that to anyone on that list. Yes I’m aware the action has since been removed from the game but it should be noted because of their behavior towards others and how incredibly immoral this is as not just players but as a community.)

You could send the site to the hacks@blizzard.com team, though this is meant more for cheating reports that can’t be reported in game.

Doxxing itself is releasing personal information, knowing alts isn’t, so blacklisted sites would not necessarily be against the rules as it’s not on the forums.

12 Likes

None of that is personal information.

Third-party sites aggregate character information. It’s part of the API. Definitely report the questionable use of that information.

That could be on-going harassment. The player this is happening to would need to report the activity and put the offender on ignore. They would then need to document any attempt for contact as on-going harassment. Getting someone else to do the contacting for them, or creating a new battlenet to do it themselves, is considered a much more egregious offense than the original harassment is.

Spitting is offensive, but not really immoral. Blizzard isn’t the morality police. “Morals” haven’t been programmed into WoW.

4 Likes

Thank you. I wasn’t entirely sure what to do or what would be the best route of action for this. I mainly wanted to address what I did find issues with but there is more to the situation (information I would rather not put publicly as it does regard very serious actions that I’m aware were primarily over discord and has since found proper action for that matter as well) and this response is very appreciated.

1 Like

As long as the information is not on blizzards forums not much they can do. Possible others could if it included non public information. I know guilds would keep track of people they did not want joining or grouping with.

2 Likes

Tying into what everyone else has offered, there are also legit sites where folks can easily find alts and the like, if that player has not taken steps to secure they’re own data.

And if this crosses the line of what is allowed here, by all means someone tell me so and I’ll remove it - but just in the interest of following through with this on Discord’s side of things? Here we have our hacks@blizzard.com, but to report this site and any known bad players in the racket on Discord - you can go here and submit a report with any and all data you have that they can look into these things with.

I just want to make sure that I’m not crossing a line with offering a third-party site’s link, even though it’s to help address the issue at hand. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes