Don't work to "beat" Blizzard's changes

Here’s an idea, guys.

When Blizz calls things like cave camping or premades “unfortunate behaviour” (ie. stuff that they wish they could ban but can’t) and make changes to stop them happening – here’s an idea! – DON’T immediately declare that it won’t stop you and work of work arounds around their fixes.

This is the way to MORE changes and MORE control from Blizzard UI.

Your goal should not be to game the system as much as possible.

I worry that the people working on padding out pvp pools are leading us down the pathway to some sort of limitations on low level characters as well. Stop it!

23 Likes

That’s the goal of any game. You either give yourself the greatest advantage or you’re handicapping yourself - especially in games with other players.

But when the makers have EXPLICITLY taken moves to stop you doing it and have expressed disappointment at that sort of play?

Remember – more changes – more handicapping. That’s what lies ahead of continued exploitation.

10 Likes

:clap: Cave :clap: camping :clap: is :clap: not :clap: a :clap: problem :clap:

People that whined about this are the same ones that complain when their opponent farms them in any FPS. Pathetic.

3 Likes

Didn’t Blizzard refer to it as “actionable griefing” or something similar in their update that removed honour from cave spawns?

2 Likes

which is nonsense. If you are pushed back to your spawn, you lost. Are they going to remove graveyard camping from WSG too? Or is that allowed because it keeps the enemy from getting your objective?

I wasn’t aware that players got to decide what was acceptable rather than Blizzard.

This is pretty much what I was getting at with my original post. Players seem to think there’s some God-given right to play as they will and that Blizzard’s rules and efforts to enforce them are worth nothing but disdain.

You won’t win this battle – you’ll just screw things up for the rest of us.

5 Likes

Oh please. It’s clear to see blizzard only enforce things when enough people whine and complain. Cave camping wasn’t an issue in Vanilla, but NOW all of a sudden 15 YEARS LATER it is?

It’s always a game of cat and mouse. That’s why we have hacks@blizzard.com to report exploits.

1 Like

Yup, its pretty pathetic to be honest.

Blizzard makes changes in order to try and stop premades and make it quite clear that they do NOT condone this behavior. Yet, of course, the first thing people do is try to find ways around these changes so they can continue to do the very thing blizzard made these changes to stop.

The people that preach #nochanges have it in their best interest NOT to manipulate the system if they actually want the game to stay as close to #nochanges as possible. The continued exploiting and unintended behavior is just going to force blizzards hand to make even MORE changes .

Catch a hint alliance players, blizzard does NOT condone you premadeing, and if you continue to exploit the system to do so you are just begging to bring on even greater restrictions upon the entire playerbase

5 Likes

That’s not the point of games. Games are meant to be a challenge and fun.

8 Likes

These people aren’t #Nochanges – they are just using it as a shield to defend their behaviour.

3 Likes

The change was to curb the behavior of a small portion of the population that was causing havoc for the rest of us.

Not because they wanted to change the game, this just sets the precedent that blizzard will alter something for the health of the game.

1 Like

I’ll continue to do everything within the rules to advance myself in the game until Blizzard nerfs fun so hard I no longer want to play.

4 Likes

You play games for fun?? What are you some kind of casual?

3 Likes

We seem to be on that track :frowning:

Unfortunately, some people only have fun when they feel like they’re winning. You see this a lot in competitive games.

These people also do not enjoy challenging games. They will do everything they can to bypass the challenging part… including cheat.

1 Like

I also see that message as a veiled threat so people that continue to ABUSE this mechanic will be forcing more changes as you say at the very least or have action taken upon them. Maybe a timeout and loss of rank could be a first offense and then a straight up banhammer for a subsequent offense. Blizzard seems VERY SERIOUS about protecting its asset. They need to get mean and make a example of these very exploiters that are gloating about this.

2 Likes

I enjoy challenging games but I stopped having fun in games a long time ago. To me I have set goals that have to be done daily and if I don’t get them done, my mentality my father instilled on me is I’ll be nothing but a loser and a quitter kicks in.

I enjoy winning, but when you go from match to match for 10-15 hours and lose to a cherry picked premade 9 times out of 10 it takes it’s toll on you. I know other day I went 2-19, 30m queue with 8m match’s (was roughly 48k honor for 15h of straight AV match’s).

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve played Blizzard games long enough to have taken note of the phrasing and tone of the announcement. In my view, the people who respond by posting their intentions of getting around the new limitations, and even their specific plans how to do so, are asking for trouble.

4 Likes