Don't threaten voice actors

I rarely make threads in anger. This topic is only slightly related to WoW.

For those that don’t know. Laura Bailey, voice actress for Jaina, has been receiving death threats because she worked on The Last of Us 2. She’s married and has a 2 year old

I don’t expect people to throw a hissy fit over her work in WoW. But I’m just beyond furious that people can’t differentiate fiction from reality.

Laura did not write the character of Abby. Even then, her writer does not deserve threats like that either. I’m saying this as someone that hates the writing for that game.

Just. Who the hell threatens a TWO YEAR OLD over a VIDEO GAME?

Throw this whole stupid year away I’m done.

240 Likes

Just more reasoning to why twitter needs to be shut down. Its a platform for degenerate hive minds.

173 Likes

People are threatening Laura Bailey? FOR A VIDEO GAME???

Ok I’m getting my pitchfork for the people with the pitchforks. Only difference is that I’ll have two.

51 Likes

People would just go somewhere else. It wouldn’t solve the issue.

6 Likes

This isn’t a political issue. Do not make it one.

74 Likes

People are nuts, you worked on a project I didn’t like, for reasons that probably aren’t even my own.

I shall commence the THREATS!

10 Likes

I saw this on twitter earlier as well. People really need to stop celebrity bashing (or bashing in general really). It’s not just that these people lack a functioning brain, but now someone’s life is in danger cause of their stupidity?

13 Likes

Individuals shouldn’t be threatened over people not liking a final product they were a part of. Hate the company, not the people unless the person is directly responsible for the problem(and even then death threats are not okay simply because you’re upset that your video game story didn’t go the way you wanted it to).

but trying to convince random people on the internet to be well adjusted adults is pretty much a useless endeavor.

7 Likes

I personally believe TLoU2 deserves all the hate it gets but deathreats are too much and uncalled for.

22 Likes

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-last-of-us-part-ii-voice-actor-death-threats/

She is receiving death threats over twitter.

3 Likes

People that play villains are also often targeted. The actor who played Negen in Walking Dead would get insulted in public

Those actors should be PRAISED that they got you to hate them THROUGH ACTING

38 Likes

Those people appear to have a very tenuous grasp on reality.

10 Likes

youre going to be pretty upset just reading the paper or watching the news, Id say, lol.
Half the planet cant figure out what is real and what isnt anymore.

Did you see what Peter Fonda tweeted Baron Trump a while back?
These people are unhinged.

9 Likes

Yes and the fact that they could actually still try and harm or kill her has me furious

2 Likes

We’re not ready for this much connectives these technologies afford us…
… until we figure how to get along, disconnect a little.

3 Likes

The only man to ever kill John Wayne on screen in a movie was spat upon by people in the street. Idol worship is a disease.

18 Likes

Thankfully, most of those tools likely are too stupid to even figure out the door to their basement, let alone would they be able to formulate a complex murder plot.

We needed another 50 or so years of social development before social media.

2 Likes

Bruce Dern?

2 Likes

You’d be surprised.

I really hope the people that sent that crap get the police on their butt

2 Likes

Gamers are some of the worst people.

8 Likes