Dont ruin rogues in SOD phase 4

Mutilate did not need to be nerfed!! nor did envenom!! dont try and make saber slash or SS be forced upon because a few are burnt out on mutilate… i dont know about any of you guys but going back and trying to play rogue using SS or backstab feels so slow and boring generating only one combo point at a time, sorry but SOD has ruined SS and backstab rogue build for life seeing how slow paced it feels compared to mutilate…
so circling back to the beginning … undo those lame nerfs to mutilate and envenom!!

4 Likes

Get nae nae’d

1 Like

Mutilate needed to be toned down. Envenom was also crazy, the changes may be too heavy-handed tho but we’ll see, but it also has 0 alternative rune to compete with and our other finishers still suck.

The real problem is that Mutilate and Envenom are quite literally the 2 toys we got to play with that don’t completely suck in SoD. And now they’re nerfed. So what do we do?

It’s not like Saber Slash got tweaked or buffed, or made better. Backstab is the same. All our other rune options are awkward. Hemo and Sub remain entirely untouched. We’re still going to use Envenom over Evis/Rupture (very low chance either of those poo abilities surpass it even post-nerf).

What’s our damage going to look like? We’re #3 right now in P3. We’re having our top 2 abilities nerfed with no adjustment elsewhere, while other classes get more toys and more power? Are we just going to drop to the bottom? Are we still just going to spam mutilate/envenom but just do significantly less damage now?

Wtf is there to be excited about as a rogue player anymore?

as you said still play mutilate and envenom, just only 20% weaker… blizz should have atleast started with 10%
but also as i stated before; trying to play saber slash or SS just feels way to slow paced now… plus so many of us have played combat swords for like damn near 20 years…
so blizz if you read this… rethink your thinking on this nerf

1 Like

They changed slaughter from the shadows so backstab will only cost 30 energy, if you enjoy button mashing just play that

so 3000 dps will go down to 2700 dps your still number 1 dps. This wasn’t even enough of a nerf.

1 Like

Rogue hasn’t been #1 dps since BFD when it was saber slash.

Not sure how rogue got nerfed when it is behind warriors and shaman on dps.

2 Likes

saber slash is simming higher than mutilate… and im sorry mate… but thats a hella nerf in my bookk… SS, saber slash, backstab all feel like your playing in slow motion compared to mutilate!!! if they want to make saber slash give 2 combo points then we’ll have a conversation

1 Like

They are going down the hit list.

Warriors get it to start the PTR. Rogues got it once they saw PTR DPS results.

Hide your Fire Mages…

1 Like

well if blizz wants to flip things… i wanna see arcane, frost, afflition lock, feral cats, arms warrior, sub rogue , beast master hunter, at the top of the charts and bury the rest at the bottom

When did mutilate get nerfed?

In PTR notes for P4.

and with this change now you can add rogues back to taking swords, maces, fist weapons instead of just having to worry about daggers dropping… rip warriors, hunters, shammys
guess blizz devs dont think about stuff like this…

Rogues would have been way too strong. They will still be strong but not miles ahead of everyone else now

It is almost like I have been saying this would happen because they want more than one combo builder to be viable. The fact that mutilate rogues went crazy on the ptr just gave them the excuse they needed to make the nerf happen.

#popcorn.

1 Like

Everyone’s sick of mutilate stop crying about it

I’m sure it’s just the bleach talking.

1 Like

Havent seen one rogue happy to be using mutilate on the other hand they tickle nerfed and gave no buff to SS or anything else

Also its hard to balance on ptr when theres literally idiots clouding the logs intentionally doing low dps :sob:

I enjoy mutilate.

20% nerf to base mutilate base damage and 20% nerf to envenom isn’t a tickle.

I was all on board for beefing up saber to be more competitive, but rogues didn’t need a nerf, especially when the dps currently doing more than rogues weren’t touched.

2 Likes

The issue and what I have argued with you is that won’t be the case.

If backstab does more DPS we are all going to be backstab crying about why this other builder isn’t viable.

If we are all saber slash we will argue why this other builder isn’t viable.

It literally doesn’t matter because it’s blizzard and 1 is going to be superior and that’s what we will all play.

This change doesn’t do anything. Y’all wanna RP as sword rogues again for some reason.

1 Like