Dont remove water elemental from frost mages

I dont want it removed cause mages wont be able to defend bases in BGs anymore…
Also i like the option to have a pet, they should just mantain it as an alternative, even if it does less damage.

6 Likes

That is a garbage choice. It’s like they WANT people to stop playing.

4 Likes

DONT give them ideas.

3 Likes

There is absolutely no reason to use elemental ever. It’s useless, it does no damage, you don’t need 5th frost nova ability, it doesn’t even have taunt if you want to use it as tank.

Just summon a cosmetic pet elemental and play lonely winter like every single frost mage.

5 Likes

Cries in druid. My main magically forgot how to innervate this xpac because the devs thought it would be cute to gut every spec and make us “buy” the talents back with talent points

3 Likes

Unsure if any pruning of abilities is a good thing really. That was the same mindset that created the Great Pruning of WoD, which had some pretty long term effects for game design for years after and is one of the main reasons we got into the whole borrowed power thing.

People should be allowed to sub optimal if they want, the elemental being there didn’t hurt anyone.

4 Likes

It’s admittedly really weird when you go around the SW mage areas and see water elementals everywhere, and even Jaina’s iconic water elementals hanging around all the time. Even if it wasn’t meta, it’s still very iconic to Alliance mages anyway.

As a reminder to when mages had permanent water elementals, it’s just a c*** tease lmfao. And that’s just nasty to do to mages, imo.

Blizzard on a roll with the Warlock changes too. In a bad way.

3 Likes

It’s getting removed? I don’t really understand the icy veins link. Like when you cast Icy Veins it spawns?

1 Like

If I have the option not to use a pet, I don’t. And people who want the option to use a pet should be able to use it! Let people do what they want!

7 Likes

A talent no one ever picked, being removed?

Oh no…anyway…

I know there used to be a few fringe cases where having a pet was useful in legacy encounters where a lone character could get permastunned by some mechanic.

But I’m drawing a blank trying to remember a specific example. It’s been a while since I last used it.

1 Like

Shannox Tarecgosa special quest- needs two “people”. A pet makes it easy

4 Likes

trial of valor on first boss i guess.
But you still have elemental for that, just not a permanent one.

2 Likes

I like my water elemental. I even farmed Jaina LFR to get the glyph that makes it the really pretty blue colour.

Sad face.

6 Likes

In BFA water ele was used to shatter double glacial spikes in mythic+ and pve in general.

2 Likes

I haven’t used Water Elemental ever since Focus Magic got removed with Dragonlands.
Can’t get my free damage buff off of Water Elemental crits anymore. :(

You could cast Focus Magic on the Water Elemental to grant it 5% increased crit chance for its spells and get an Intellect buff whenever it landed a crit because it only deals damage with spells.

1 Like

If they take away the water elemental as a pet for frost mages then my frost mage is worthless to me so yes I will end up playing the game less. I went through the trouble of getting a nice blue water skin for the elemental, I use it to help my frost mage level and keep foes within my blizzards. It’s also part of the frost mage’s lore as hey Jaina Proudmoore is a frost mage and she uses them, she almost lost it and summoned a bunch of them to flood Orgrimmar and risk wiping out the Alliance fleet in the process when Garrosh bombed theramore for crying out loud. She again used them when she evicted Blood elves from Dalaran but that’s…another story… anyways when she fights she’s always got one at her side somewhere, I mean she drops a water elemental for a mount. Sure not everyone used the elemental but that’s no reason to rob all Frost mages of them, binding them to only appear during a spell’s duration that has a big cool down is not the way to go. They can axe the other two moves but leave the elemental alone, it’d be a crime to separate them from each other

9 Likes

They’ll still have an elemental, it’ll just be a cooldown.

1 Like

No . It wasn’t in vanilla , It was the final frost talent in TBC . far as i remember

2 Likes

Oh…then, this is great news, as many more frost mages will be using the water elemental now. We’re finally recieving a power gain that aligns us with lore! How exciting!