Don't release the content too fast, please

I am really looking forward to Phase 2, no BG’s but honor will be implemented. It is going to be an absolute war zone in Azeroth. I think I was low lvl 40s when this dropped originally, those SS vs TM battles were so great!

2 Likes

that is not trolling. catch up gear has been in the game since TBC, i like it

thats how you get low participation.

dont you care about participation numbers?

I don’t care, no. I play diablo II full time it may not have millions of players but it’s amazing and far better than diablo III.

Rather have « low participation numbers » than bloated numbers because everyone and their mother needs a participation trophy.

2 Likes

that is selfish.

im not saying they should or will even consider changing classic wow, but catch up gear was a good thing

dont worry about what other people get, thats a problem with you

1 Like

Not selfish at all. Catch-up gear is bad.

In Vanilla there is only few “easy” catch-up gear and thats probably why the whole world & raid content is done and alive. Not only the last one available.

Those who want catch-up gear are either bad or not patient. Casual just take more time to reach the end of the content, meaning their fun last longer. Nothing else.

2 Likes

you are wrong, i already told you why

you dont have to like it but that doesnt make you right

There is no need for little Timmy who just picked the game up a few weeks ago and bought a fresh lvl 60 with mommy’s credit card to get a free pass to the hardest raid. Tiers of content is a good thing. If you’re a fresh level 60 you can play with other fresh 60 and raid MC until you can move on to the next step.

If all you can do to argue against that is yell you’re wrong and pull up the numbers card, let me tell you something.

The game was flourishing when there was no LFR/LFD catch up gear, welfare gear, mounts in the mailbox.

Not everyone getting to raid is a good thing. Anybody CAN raid. Just requires the will to grind it up. Effort = reward. A formula that has been lacking in today’s games.

4 Likes

Part of the mystique of raids was that you might not even see inside some of them unless you were in a good guild. It took me a long time to settle on a main and find a raiding guild, despite playing since launch. I just finished MC when TBC. Seeing people in Naxx gear was a rare sight. It made you WANT to go there. You had to put in effort to see the content. That’s not a bad thing.

3 Likes

He is not wrong. He has a different view on it than you do.
If you ask me disliking catchup gear is not necessarily “selfish”. It devalues the work of the person who got to the current raid tier via raiding the previous tiers. You are now almost on par with that person for the current raid while putting in a fraction of the effort. Does that sound like a system that rewards player time equally? Isn’t it a little selfish to expect to have a similar reward for less effort? Additionally when you do not have catch-up mechanics it turns the ability to raid the higher tiers into a reward.
Catch up gear as it was done in BC wasn’t terrible because it was limited and you couldn’t grind it out extremely fast… The problem came in Wrath where they started releasing 5mans alongside the raids that dropped gear roughly on par with the previous raid tier and made grinding badges a much easier process with LFD.

4 Likes

this matter is closed. form tbc to when they shut down the servers we have catch up gear, for classic we wont

the vast majority of people never get past tier two which means making anything beyond that is a waste of blizzards time. it is what it is for classic though

1 Like

On a statics version, catch-up become “useless” because the majority of players will have an infinite amount of time to reach the end of the content.

Straw man. This isn’t what catch up gear is.

Rank 10 in pvp is easy. The soul crush is the next 4 levels. Then comes into play heavy premades, acct sharing, ect.

I agree, but disagree with Phase 1. The reason being is I want to do BGs and get my Rank 14 grind on. So content can be released slow after Phase 1. The game really begins for me when I can rack up Honor kills and have BGs and WPvP farm all day.

So phase 1 should be 2 months tops. Every phase after can be 3-4 months it don’t matter.

Some players want the luxury of wPVP without DHKs, so Phase 1 is an important phase for them. The game can respect all our needs by letting the Phases roll out in a timescale that roughly mimics Vanilla.

I can understand but it’ll be only to satisfy a few part of the players, no ?

It’s not like if the phase 2 will never happen. You’ll have extra time to get the best gear to faceroll you opponent. Then, the grind will be easier !

I am not sure how many are wanting to soak up the joys of Phase 1. Wouldn’t more people be looking forward to Phase 2 onward? I would think so.

Everyone has certain Phases they are looking forward too for me and many of my friends Phase 1 isn’t going to be it. We are ready for Phase 2, 3 etc.

I don’t think content makes the game though. It’s a part of it but great games isn’t about needing new content. When I have BiS gear and enchants is when the game and journey really begins.

I think for some strange reason people see Phase 6 as the end instead of the beginning. Phase 6 can be played for YEARS.

We all prefer a different phase :slight_smile:

That’s why i would like Bizzard to don’t rush every phase so everyone can enjoy the phase they like the most.

All phase will come in their respective time so everyone will be pleased. That’s why i find some players a bit selfish because they want Blizzard to rush the content to their prefered phase.

Let’s give equal fun to everyone !

Maybe, Just hope they don’t screw up Phase 6. They better just let us play that for years.