Don't pick druid if you want groups. Every other class is just a better addition

Want to heal a group? You are not wanted because you don’t have a real rez. Want to tank? Warriors are just better tanks and there are a ton of them in classic. Want to dps? You will are like a semi afk rogue or fury.

Has the group been looking for a healer for 15 min? Maybe they take you. Has the group been looking for a tank but can’t find one ? then they will take you for sure.

Just be aware that druids in classic are underpowered compared to tbc or retail. You are everyone’s second choice

3 Likes

Agreed, if you are going to be a healer, choose Paladin for Alliance or Shaman for Horde. Heck, just do a Priest.

Druids are very welcome to yank dungeons. I’ve seen people prefer other heals due to spammable out of combat Rez, but never heard of anyone turning down a Druid tank for an instance.

7 Likes

Druids are ok. They’re a good option for dungeons since they don’t take the warrior’s or mage’s loot. Plus it’s always nice to have some for off tanking and battle res.

If you want to be desirable, you do have to be prepared to switch between tanking and healing as needed though.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a druid healer rejected from a group that needed a healer. “real rez” is not a big deal.

9 Likes

It’s a huge deal when two members die and they both have to walk back since you used your rez earlier. If it’s brd emp run them it’s likely over

If youre a good druid healer, you will be asked to heal. To add, why look outside your guild for players? Ive seen bad shaman healers, and bad priests, its not about the class. Sure you cant rez out of combat, but if youre that bad priest or shaman, you probably needed the ooc rez to begin with.

1 Like

Honestly they are great in dungeons

1 Like

See that’s why you bring a Ret Paladin for DPS. They have the OOC rez.

1 Like

Youre way more respected as an underdog healer like druid, and you can more easily build up a reputation as a good player, as opposed to the general every day priest or pally button spam healer.

1 Like

true, there’s usually a pally/shaman in the group anyway

2 Likes

I will are roll whatever I damn well please, and will are get plenty of groups.

5 Likes

Take you chances I guess. There are probably melee warlocks saying the same thing

you’re essentially arguing that hybrid classes are worthless, when we all know that’s not true

7 Likes

This post is stupid.

“LF2M - Tank and healer.”

Those groups get way less picky pretty quick.

If anything, this is encouragement to play a druid… You could easily fill either role while leveling. Especially if you keep an extra few pieces if gear to swap on demand.

5 Likes

If you want to be not the best at anything then you are right

i’m going feral tank

8 Likes

Druids are probably the best at getting into a group, and that just makes you mad.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

There’s a ton of them but they’re mostly all DPS warriors and have no clue how to tank. Druids can make a very strong case for being a better tank in 5-mans btw…

True. Besides, it doesn’t matter if the tank is optimal. Most DPS are braindead and won’t be paying attention anyway.

3 Likes