Dont Nerf Sapphiron

Yeah it would be really cool if Gurtogg Bloodboil did 1200 damage a second instead of 600. Everyone would be soooo excited for that.

Your guild would never down Sapph, but I’m sure that would make you even more excited to spend 1000g a week to wipe

1 Like

Now that sapph is “regular”, almost every boss in naxx has a bunch of trash frost resistance items on them that serve basically no purpose, the loot tables are designed with sapphiron in mind and if he basically falls over immediately, all of these items basically go in the recycle bin

Thanks, for some reason that was missed by wowhead.

Now I’m just waiting to see if they fix patchwerk

Your exact sentence applies to full world buff stacking as well, and that wasn’t nerfed.

Personally, you’re objectively wrong. Most guilds will not clear sapphiron that easily even with the fix.

You go and try Sapphiron with 0 frost resist when live hits and tell me how it goes.

That’s still 12,000 raid damage taken per second plus heavy tank damage. There’s 20 healers in the world that have hit 1,000 HPS on Viscidus, 32 on silithid royalty. 0 healers have hit 1,000 HPS without world buffs.

Sapphiron also has 3.5 times the HP of Princess Huhuran or Firemaw and a phase where melee can’t attack at all.

Doable with full world buffs and chain flasking for mana but 90% of guilds will need the resist.

7 Likes

I’m not gonna have 0 frost res, that isn’t what i was saying, i was saying that the frost resistance items within the instance are unappealing now because they aren’t necessary most likely. I’m gonna have 100+ unbuffed without too much trouble, pally aura/magic resist potion/juju chill/chromatic flask i’m gonna have like another 90 or so resist, it’ll be 12000 raid damage / 2, which leaves 10-11 healers to do 500 hps each, except its not bursty at all so its gonna be mitigated like crazy by flask sets, judgement of light and priest t2 set

Paladin aura and magic resist pot don’t stack.

If you’re using frost resist gear to get to 100 the epic stuff from the instance is way better and worth using over random blue or green trash so it won’t collect dust.

1 Like

that’s why i said another 90 or so, incase i’m not in the paladin group, that’s why i came to the figure of 90, if i added pally aura + magic resist + juju chill + chromatic flask i’d be at 150.

There is an epic craftable set which costs very little (other than frozen runes) which you can get day 1, these drops are DoA basically

No reason not to use them, they make the fight easier and each lockout is only going to give ~60 frozen runes if you full clear.

Most people don’t have legions of alts to farm words of thawing or legions of alt rogues to get locked to their own instance to grab a few runes from the first bosses.

i suspect most people do have legions of alts by now

Shrug, in my 40-man raid team there’s less than 10 people that have a 60 alt.

Most people just aren’t that hardcore about this game.

that’s extremely weird to me, most people in my guild would have at 2-3 alts, some people even have multiple 60s of the same classes on different factions and realms, i would say most people i know have multiple 60s even outside of the guild

I want to point out that your guild is extremely not the norm. You have multiple raid teams and have the 75th fastest Ahn’qiraj clear of 25,000 guilds which puts you above the 99.99th percentile.

Heck only 8,856 of 25,000 C’thun killing guilds even one night clear.

3 Likes

I don’t have more than one 60, but many people in my guild do

omg people. A little more work and some people are crying impossible. So spend an extra month or so and get resist gear or wait until other people are geared. You already have world buffs, what more can you want? We were able to do it just fine in Vanilla, without world buffs.

God stop whining, some of you. If some thing just needs a little bit of effort, just a little bit, that might actually be a good thing.

Here’s a thought. Bring more healers. Mind blown.

So explain how people who have done overtuned content on pservers, with increased healing and damage bonuses, plus FR of 200+ had to chain pot flasks in order to keep on healing and called it the hardest boss they have ever seen in vanilla content.

That seems like if it had launched as intended would not have stayed at that level - it is just too much for any but the top 0.01% to afford on a weekly basis.

That isn’t “just bring more healers” - if you bring more than 15 you don’t have the DPS to kill the boss
Go over 250FR? Don’t have the dps to kill the boss
Healers cannot go above 100FR without becoming useless at healing

Did you even do this boss, I mean ever?

4 Likes

Does it though? The ptr includes 200 FR and +50% dmg. So you’re wearing full dps gear with +200 free FR. When in reality you can’t wear good dps gear to achieve 200 FR, not to mention -50% dmg. World buffs scale well with dps gear but not so much with 200 FR gear.

And will you even have full world buffs at sapphiron? One wipe and they’re gone. Whereas the PTR buff is forever.

i dont know or understand any of the technical and overly complex explanations you gave for all of the complexities surrounding the application and damage ticks of sapphiron’s aoe dot.

spare me the pointless rhetoric

more or less harder? more damage or less damage?

sounds like less damage

stop ruining this game