Dont Nerf Sapphiron

The point I’ve been trying to make, is why haven’t they tried to make the game more challenging to replicate the vanilla feel of the game where you don’t just go into an instance, fumble around and get loot on a weekly basis? This is their last chance to do it, this content isn’t released to classic servers yet. I want naxx to be actually seriously challenging to clear. There isn’t a way to make players unlearn how to clear the content but tuning up the bosses would reduce the amount of errors people are allowed to make.

That would be cool, but I suspect Blizzard would point you to retail WoW if you want highly challenging content.

1 Like

I guess that clearly isn’t what the design vision is for classic though. They just want everyone to be able to clear all the content without much challenge.

No it was not…

“Basically, over the course of every 60 second period, the encounter requires your raid to do roughly 230k damage in order to keep up with the various spawns. Now, a 40-man raid can certainly accomplish that on a single target. But when some people are in C’Thun’s stomach, and the targets of that DPS are spread throughout the room, and when clustering at all (i.e., to melee burn down a specific tentacle) means that you get destroyed by a spawning tentacle or a jumping eye beam, the end result is simply impossible.”

was his “proof”…

I mean the difference is the devs in vanilla looked at C’thoun and said this is broken and fixed it. They looked at Saph in vanilla and it was working fine.

1 Like

Don’t you think it’s kinda weird how they went with behavior here but went with intent in having hunters benefit from Ony drop AP boosts? Not saying either decision is wrong, but some consistency would be nice.

2 Likes

None of these decisions have ever been consistent. They went with behavior for Diamond Flask, behavior for world buffs, intent for Ectoplasmic Distiller, first behavior and then intent for hunter AP, first behavior and then intent for weapon procs, behavior for Sapphiron, intent for BG issues, etc.

4 Likes

Classic WoW design direction is indeed anything but consistent.

3 Likes

In terms of server mechanics or in terms of actual game mechanics?

You do know that you can choose the challenge level you want right? I guarantee you that if you and your raid decide to walk into any raid naked you can wipe for hours without even clearing any trash.

1 Like

Find my the spot where I said I wanted 1 second tick Sapph, window-licker.

No thanks. Y’want to pretend it wasn’t implied by your claim of a straightforward and polite negative answer from Blizzard being “trolling,” feel free.

That’s a weird way to say “the dog ate my code”.

1 Like

The best take from all of this is that we have actual feedback and information. Many of the annoyances in Classic would be far, far better with some posts like this.

Thanks.

2 Likes

They want what we asked them for. As close to a 1:1 replication as possible. We intentionally asked them not to modify the fights because we had no faith they would do so without ruining it. If you want to play some modified fan fiction version of Classic WoW that never actually happened in history and just bumps a bunch of numbers higher to make it “harder” then why aren’t you somewhere playing a Private Server?

4 Likes

It was not used on a widespread basis, and if it had it most certainly would have been nerfed then.

Bro they gave us “vanilla” on its very last patch before pre-tbc patch and when we asked that they would not “touch” it pls they still went ahead and gave us layering, mega servers and random changes to Battlegrounds and how they operated (just one example). They just cherry picked their changes and yet there is still kids in here blaming the “no changes” crowd for how the project turned out. It all started with their quite impressive yet nontheless inaccurate replication of the original client.

Stop defending this mess. The version you play here is a pserver that costs money and nothing else.

4 Likes

exadurating? healers had +50% healing AND 200FR if anything healers whould do less healing if they ran 200FR on their gear on ptr they got both and no amount of world buffs whould give any healer close to 50% extra healing.
Same goes for dps if they run 200Fr on live they wil do less dmg not +50% on top of that.

1 Like

it unkillable (unlike you honestly want healers to chain flasks) if it whould go live like the ptr version, no amount of buffs and gear wil come close to +50% dmg +50% healing while also rocking 200FR

1 Like

Everyone realizes that neither version of nax had a heroic version right?