Don't Nerf Our Mounts!

Seriously? Mount Equipments seems like a good idea when it comes to avoid being daze, but the upcoming nerf to Water Striders in 8.2, and only way for Water Striders do what they were designed to do is to have Mount Equipment?

Nerfing our mounts to gain nothing is something I am against, especially since I worked hard on getting all my mounts (All 249 of them) in the first place!

50 Likes

I am genuinely curious here. I’m going to copy-paste what I wrote in another topic, because I want to understand your point of view.

Most of the people I’ve seen give criticism don’t seem to understand the following confirmed facts:

• If you have a Waterstrider, you get a FREE water walking equipment on the toon that has the rep.
  • If you have a toon at 100, the equipment system is unlocked ACCOUNT-WIDE.
  • If you have a Waterstrider, you can buy a heavily discounted account-bound waterwalking equipment, which any alt can use when they unlock mounts at level 20.

I genuinely don’t understand, if people are aware of the above 3 facts, how anyone can be upset at this? You can keep what you earned, you just have a tiny little hoop to jump through first.

27 Likes

Your water strider will be able to do exactly what it does now. I genuinely don’t understand what the problem is.

13 Likes

Not a nerf. Water striders will still be able to walk on water in 8.2…just like all your other mounts.

3 Likes

Well, if what you posted is all (Facts) on how the new system will work, than I am fine with that.

1 Like

I don’t understand these complaints. You’re not losing anything. Waterstriders can waterwalk still, and even better so can your other mounts too in 8.2. It’s a win for everyone.

9 Likes

I think what it was, was partly the YouTube video and lack of Full Disclosure on how the system worked. So, people thought they were going to out right lose the ability to have their water mount at low levels or something.

I am fine with the new system if it works the way it was mentioned above in this thread. It will allow me the ability to finally use a mount other than my Water Strider mount.

2 Likes

ONE mount will have to get waterwalking applied to it. (Free since you earned the rep) and still do what it was designed to do. You have lost nothing. Other than the 3 minutes it will take to go get the equipment.

Your other 249 can now be enhanced as well.

How are you hurting?

4 Likes

They should also remove the Sky Golem’s unique mount ability and give us mount equipment for that too, then.

15 Likes

Just another person complaining about something they don’t understand.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be against this.

3 Likes

Because that’s exactly what this game needs is more hoops to jump through to regain what we already have.

26 Likes

Because it’s character wide. Meaning if I want a water walking mount I have to be locked into having all my mounts have water walking. The simplist way Blizz should have handled this is to make the passive a legacy buff for people that have it pre 8.2 and make it so the mount doesn’t benefit form the mount equipment slot, mich like the golems

9 Likes

Do you have any proof that this is mount-specific? And how the “free” water walking will work for ALL of your characters?

So I will have to pay for something that I already get for free right now. Cool.

12 Likes

If it can be used on other mounts and you are given the option to reapply that ability to your golem within 5 minutes… why not?

You’re incorrectly understanding the system, by the way. It is not mount specific. It is character specific. One slot per character.

2 Likes

This.

It is only a percieved nerf. You’re not losing anything.

Oh no… are you telling me you will have to go get the equipment on more than one character???

:laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t get it either.
Mount equipment sounds really interesting.

Maybe I’m bias, chuckle worthy seeing giant Tauren and Orcs flailing around on water striders everywhere. Maybe it’s the running animation? Dunno, complaints man… always somethin’

5 Likes