Don't hesitate to quit if you are thinking about it

can i do the same. Plz dont trademark it i wanna do the same

I have read through this and, at the possibility of summoning Fasciae to this thread with his desire to make everything a legal argument, I think one aspect that is missing here is what is called a reasonable person standard within a legal context. I will explain a little because I don’t know your background, so please understand I am not attempting to talk down or belittle. Essentially the reasonable person standard is pretty much what it sounds like it is. The question in a given situation is whether a reasonable person would be impacted by the actions taken by the person taking the action. That’s not necessarily a generalized reasonable person either. It can consider some context such as race, sex, financial situation, etc.

While I am generally loathe to apply legal standards in a non-legal discussion (I have had an entire argument about it on this very forum lol), in this case I think it probably should be applied. I understand that the goal with language (and in particular your goal with bringing this up) is to try to communicate while avoiding offense where possible. I do agree that the wording of the OP’s post would be better stated a different way. It could be conveyed in a more effective and precise manner. It could also be conveyed in a way that would be inoffensive to a wider group of people than the current wording is. However, I don’t think that in this context a reasonable person would find this offensive. I simply think that the subset of people likely to be offended is higher than necessary.

I kinda think that last sentence encompasses what you are getting at. Feel free to correct me if that is wrong though.

raiding is the entire game, the servers would have like 100 people playing on them if raiding wasn’t a thing.

1 Like

Players put an insane amount of pressure on themselves to progress.

Players crack under the pressure (game unfun).

What a surprising development.

2 Likes

Lol. Another hilarious thread. We have Naxx on farm with best clear below 3 hrs. Nobody is crying about consumes. Yes, Plaguebloom is an issue and blizzard SUCKs for for not addressing it. But mandatory consumes are only GSPP and GFPP and they’re easy to obtain.

I already know this. Won’t change the fact if something is an “outrage”, “hypocritical”, “double standard”, etc. :slightly_smiling_face:

That why the OP’s choice of words may be poor choice of words. And, the hypocrisy and double standard of when one person says something that’s “out of context”, and some (not all) want that person to “be quiet” while “not being quiet” themselves LOL

Agreed.

Which leads me to believe their poor choice of wording is being done purposefully for a few chuckles, and I’m not OK with it, and that’s perfectly OK to think that. I shouldn’t be scrutinized for it, alas it is what it is.

Trying to troll (OP, not you), obviously by utilizing poor choice of words for giggles. I don’t (personally) find it funny. I’ll never find it funny.

Again, the OP is probably (keyword) trolling and trying to be “clever” with their words for laughs. Trying to make a mockery out of “suicide”. Again, I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am considering the number times they’ve created the same subject matter. In which case, this Thread should be taken down.

I did and was still met with hostility, and I’m not going to just “eat it up”. I’ve expressed, over and over, again, I answered as to why the OP’s post COULD (keyword) be taken out of context. As expected, the “outrage” of such a thought ensued.

I understand and know these things, already. I just keep an open mind of other possibilities (because there’s always more than one option). The correlation is still there, and there’s no denying that.

Sounds like you just don’t like wow lol. Not sure why you were playing. I like every aspect of it, raid logging, world buffs, farming. Really enjoy raiding.

2 Likes

Kind of shows how stupid society is. They’re worried about words in some form of harm prevention, but when actual violence happens they’re too cowardly to do anything, so they just pretend like they thing it was warranted. What?

4 Likes

I play arena in retail and have not logged in to classic since December 2020.

I’m encouraging everyone to quit the game if they are considering it. Especially those who feel like they are obligated to play it for whatever reason be it raids or any other activity.

You do know a wow subscriptions covers both games, right?

When people turn the game into a job, burnout tends to happen.

1 Like

I wish I rolled a rogue and priest. Unfortunately, it is too late to reroll

so you did 100 hours of solo questing, and got to do even more INTANCED QUEST !

just so you could do arena with random people.

I PLAY THIS GAME TO KILL PEOPLE IN OPEN WORLD I KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT I KILL I KNOW THEM BECAUSE I BEEN KILLING THEM FOR 2 YEARS NOW. I know them i been playing with them.

everything about it is personal . RETAIL IS TERRIBLE ITS TERRIBLE GAME. SAFE SPACE IS TERRIBLE CLICKING NO PVP IS TERRIBLE ! I HATE RETAIL SO MUCH .

I wish people could not transfer… My nemesis transfer and i have not find another nemesis since then. I been killing and getting killed back and fort but never been completely overwhelm.
This is terrible for me.

1 Like

You’re wrong. The onus to figure out what is and is not acceptable speech is placed on the speaker, and it’s especially on the speaker to avoid saying contentious things. You’re correct if someone says something they did not know was hurtful or upsetting, but it’s absolutely not the case if they do have that knowledge. For example, if I went into a Pittsburgh Steelers fanclub bar, and talked trash (loudly) about the Steelers, is the bartender not in the right to tell me to leave because I’m upsetting people? OTOH, if I went into a bar with the Steelers game on, and no one was wearing the black and gold and then I trash talked the Steelers, I do feel I deserve a little grace period, the bar tender taking me aside, “Hey man, this is a Steelers bar, if you don’t tone it down I’m gonna have to ask you to leave”.

Anyway, that’s two examples. Please provide me an example of North American society were someone getting upset takes the onus for it while the person who caused it is not at fault.

It really is fascinating, for a conservative talking point, how it completely inverts the normal function of our society.

Getting upset or “triggered” is an emotional reaction caused by an adrenal response to stress. Neither the response nor the particular cause are things a person has control over.

You do have some control over how you respond to it however, but again, depending on the stressor the adrenal response may initiate a fight-or-flight reflex. As per usual of this talking point you’re erroneously conflating the two.

The OP has no obligation to do anything, though it does reflect on him as a person. That’s a statement of fact, I’m not saying what that reflection is because in this case it was simply a reference he made without realizing the connotation.

Toxic guildes ruined progression for me in TBC.

I had much better experiences in WotLK and MoP. That being said, I learned to play for me about half way through TBC.

Less than half of players raid.

1 Like

But i dont wanna quit.

fair enough you were burnt out, but no one forced ya to do any of that stuff but I understand

He doesn’t have to limit his speech.