Dont count too hard on classic being really classic

They will find a way to mess it up.
I am forecasting that based on the self-conceited attitude
Blizz has been having towards the player base for many years now:

with smug and cute replies (or ignore) to any real player issues,

and constant and relentless pursuit of social justice and equality
in a virtual world where ‘murder’ and looting is the main activity.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say mess it up but enhance it. Like I can already name a handful of things that could have done different that was later implemented into the game.

Summoning stones, Warlock Shard Bags in separate bags, Profession bags in separate slot, Duel Spec etc.

Warlocks had shard bags in vanilla.
Dual spec is not an improvement. It literally removes a gold sink from the game.

20 Likes

Let’s not forget that most people did not respecc constantly they had one spec and people grew to know what spec they played.
So in those cases having dual spec would destroy that character identity because everyone would be everything.

11 Likes

Thing is, you’re wrong about some of those.

2 Likes

Everything I have seen so far makes me think the opposite. Even people who work at Blizzard says that people who think changes are going to happen are crazy.

INB4 changes are happening: Gameplay changes obviously. No one cares if people get a graphics toggle or color blind mode.

2 Likes

He said duel spec – a spec that’s optimized for duels. I think there was one in Vanilla… :wink:

8 Likes

Will it have the pre-TBC world?

Will it have the pre-TBC quests?

If so, it will be Classic.

Everything else is just gravy.

1 Like

It is an important gold sink for those who do though. You’d be surprised how many people respect several times a week on pservers.

1 Like

I didn’t often in vanilla as I played a dps only guy back then, but I did several times a week in TBC. And it was tough getting enough money to do that so often…especially as I am a little lazy.

I was a resto druid. I only respecced once when I went from Balance to Resto when I got up to the UBRS level content. However, I have spent a lot of time on pservers and people respec like its their job on those.

I probably would have if I had a hybrid class in vanilla.

Yeah no doubt they do. But one has to remember that PS players contain the most hardcore of the hardcore Vanilla enthusiasts so it’s not surprising.

1 Like

I was an awesome healer. I never had to respec because I had a good rep as a healer and I would be brought along for PVP/PVE to heal. I was a druid who had Alch/Herb which is practically made for druids lol.

I hope Vanilla wow has Bully Hunters, since i missed the first time this was a thing.

1 Like

I often used the patches for a free talent reset xD

Each time they did a patch that changed talents(which was almost all of them) you got a free respec

1 Like

On this i whole heartedly disagree. Classic is more then just 60 and below pre cata

6 Likes

they did but im saying how it is now, a separate slot in general. not taking a bag slot.

Hate dual spec, defeats the purpose of being specialized.

4 Likes

depending on the class at least. I know I would struggle as being MT and main focus was PVP, drained my pockets!