Don't Buy the Boost, Don't Use the Boost

instead of arguing semantics why don’t you actually address my point that agrees with your own OP what are you even arguing with here

Right? I mean, how else are boost users gonna launder the gold they bought?

1 Like

This impacts you about as much as what mouse someone else is using.

Those votes don’t buy themselves.

Sorry, but you’re the one who brought up democracy. Not me.

Of course, you’re correct and I do indeed intend to bow out if Blizzard continues to snowball paid services.

I would pay them no mind. They go out of their way to make bait comments endlessly.

vvvvvv

as an inconsequential statement. what you’re doing is trying to treat it as the crux of my argument

Right, which is why botting doesn’t affect us either!

We agree man!

Trust me I’m not paying 60 dollars. And don’t get any ideas Blizzard, I won’t even pay 20.

1 Like

Sorry, I’ll be sure to read your mind next time when deciding what is or isn’t important about what you post in response to me.

Oh I agree. I’ve worked in telemarketing and I know, absolutely, that this works. They say “no” then you ask again. They say “no” again and you ask a third time. It doesn’t work every time but it works enough that it’s still a viable business practice.

More power to you man, but I got a raid team of friends I’ve made over the last 2 years and we’ve decided corporately to play on and play hard into TBC. Boosts are the rules of the game as it stands, as much I personally hate it, but that’s the game we’ve chosen to play.
For me, actively disadvantaging myself and holding back my team would actually drive me from the game, not toward it.

Btw, you are correct in pointing out that boosts are a player-based issue just as much as it is an ActiBlizz business decision. I’ve discovered over the lifespan of a classic that it seems like a lot of people who said they wanted to go back to the classic-like game actually wanted to go back to a classic-era player-base. For all its faults, classic wow was a very accurate and faithful recreation of vanilla wow; But no amount of archived code can change how the core component–the players–of vanilla has changed as time has progressed.

And it is that change of the player over the last 15 years that will prevent your call to not buy boosts from having any real effect or change.

It doesn’t prevent me from not doing it. Nothing is preventing me from playing retail right now even though I don’t stand or gain to lose anything for it. Same account. Same subscription.

I choose not to because that’s the only metric Blizzard really cares about, in the end. We can say all we want on the forums, but what really matters is what we actually do. And if we say “yes” to paid character services now, then we’re saying “yes” to even more of the same later on down the road.

And then we’re back in retail mode. We’re back to awkwardly walking up a microphone at Blizzcon, asking for “servers for previous expansions as they were then.” Except this time Blizzard can just say, “Remember when we said ‘you think you do but you don’t’? Well, turns out we were right about that. So just take a seat and enjoy your boost!”

Well except for the fact that we did get servers with the rule sets in game we want.

Boosts don’t change that.

Just for that, I may activate my second account to buy and use 2 boosts!

1 Like

I’m gonna sub on two accounts and buy two boosts :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

(In my opinion) the boost is the same as it has been for several YEARS now – it is not a feature for existing players. It is targeted at players who are NOT playing Classic WoW. For years, “the boost” has added players to WoW. It is a proven, standard Blizzard feature.

Are there players who want to play TBC, but don’t want to spend weeks or months playing Classic Vanilla? You bet! Isn’t that wonderful? It means MORE players in TBC. How can that be a bad thing?

If you’re one of those players that think that this is a country club, a charity for existing players, please get over yourself. New players are more important than you are or I am.

But I agree with this thread – existing Classic players don’t have any use for the boost. Level to 60, then get your iLevel up, then start TBC. Who cares about a 58?

I’ve only ever used the free boosts that came with expansion purchases. I’d much rather level a new character anyway. It’s more fun. I just used the boosted characters to farm old raids for transmog. If I don’t level a character, I can’t bond with it.

1 Like

you are not my real dad!

The bigger picture is that people will just use the boost to create a transmute alt. All they need to do is level their professions and you’ll have a bunch level 58s shuffling around the Shattrath mailbox because their sole purpose is to make Primals for their mains.

Keep this in mind when you read what the developers intended the boost to be:

Blizzard might as well officially endorse gold buying as far as this is concerned.

“…we’re configuring this new Boost service to avoid minimizing the accomplishments of existing players or skipping any new content at launch. It’s for players who want a way to quickly join their friends in Outland.”

2 Likes