Don't Buy the Boost, Don't Use the Boost

Blizzard knows what people are doing with their products. You wanna make a statement? Don’t buy the boost and don’t use the boost. Send them a message.

Make sure you let everyone know exactly what you think of Blizzard’s paid services in Classic by politely declining. Thank them for the offer, but decline it.

Don’t use it.

They’ll know if you don’t use it. If they know, they won’t offer it again in the future. They know they can take advantage of a weak-willed player-based taking the path of least resistance. Don’t give them a reason to snowball this.

Of course, my fear is everyone who says they like to stand on principle will look at the boost and say, “Well, it’s there. So, I might as well just use it, right? I mean everyone else is so…”

NO!

You do that, Blizzard just turns you into a tally. At that point, you’re just a number they can refer to and say, “Our decision here was a popular one, so we’re just going to keep doing that.”

Level a character like normal. Ignore the boost. Stick it to the man.

12 Likes

Now you are learning!

If you dont like it just dont do it. Then those that want it can use it and both sides get what they want

Win/Win

24 Likes

At that point the feature is in and it’s too late. I wouldn’t buy it regardless, but I’m more so hoping to get this boost removed before it ever makes its way into classic.

5 Likes

Being an adult instead of a petulant child, what a novel concept around here.

How I play doesn’t have any impact at all at how you may play. We each pay our own sub, we each make our own decisions.

8 Likes

I’m boosting a pallie on all 60 of my accounts. Gonna pallie boost THOUSANDS of players who bought gold using WoW tokens.

It’s gonna be great!

4 Likes

We came to Classic to avoid that Retail garbage.

6 Likes

Exactly what Slicy said. If you don’t like it, don’t use it, your money speaks much louder than stomping your feet and complaining

Worst case scenario, boosts are a rousing success anyway and we continue to get similar boosts for each successive Classic expansion, and the anti-boosters can’t hide behind “b-b-but we’re the majority!” anymore

2 Likes

I’ll buy one on both my accounts and pretend like one of you guys got one!

7 Likes

So you live in a world where Blizzard doesn’t know you’re one person playing on two accounts?

Says the guy who defends dungeon boosts.

2 Likes

I’d rather boosts not be in the game - but that’s what’s going to happen. For what I want to do with my characters in TBC, I would be foolish to not use a boost on each of my accounts for the relatively effort-free tailoring CDs and Primal Might CDs. The economy for primals is going to be completely screwed up and boosting 2 more CDs to help my account become self-sufficient is about the only way I can think of to continue to play the game the way I want to play.

1 Like

Indeed. This is exactly why I won’t take the boost. I refuse to be a part of that player-base that just screws over another portion of the player base because, “I need to keep up with the people who boosted.”

In fact, this is actually a tacit admission of the problem that boosting brings into the game.

The excuse: “I had to boost to keep up with the boosters!”

Essentially, all it’s going to do is convince Blizzard they were right all along.

“See guys? You all thought you didn’t want the boost. But, as it turns out, you do want it. So, now that we got that out of the way, let’s introduce some other paid services you’ll want to take advantage…”

Then that snowballs into more services, more bits and pieces added on because they know you have a flimsy spine. They know they can walk all over you because you won’t say “no” to a free lunch.

It used to be, “You think you do, but you don’t.”

Now it’s, “You think you don’t, but you do!”

2 Likes

I won’t even play the game if they don’t redact their boost announcement. I have 2 days of account time left which was paid for via gold token on omegalul retail.

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with dungeon boosting. I don’t agree with it, and it should have been hotfixed 17 months ago. It should be nerfed and made obsolete, however an in game exchange of goods and services is not wrong at all and totally normal to do.

1 Like

Oh no what will Blizzard ever do without you around to not pay for your own sub

Anyway

1 Like

I think there maybe bigger issues then a boost, so I don’t really care.

1 Like

paying to skip is paying to skip

To be ok with one and not the other is hypocritical. If anything the mage boost is worse because it encourages RMTs

I dont care that either exists, but pretending that one is ok because you stood afk at the entrance of a dungeon is comical. Theyre the same no matter what pretty bow you try to pin on it

9 Likes

I can’t believe in 2021 people are still unaware that all decisions they make impact other people in their universe. Especially true for a game where everyone says they want to play it because “community matters”

The funny thing is we talk about how bots can print money via instance farming. The minimal amount of work it takes for Blizzard to put in boosts into the game is the same. They build class templates, turn it on and whatever happens happens. It’s pretty close to free money for them so there’s no way they’re gonna not do it for anything in the future.

The only scenario where they might scrap it is if bots go crazy with boosting and they can’t control them. Other than that, there’s no possible way to fathom it not sticking around.

1 Like

A lot of people have already unsubbed over this issue. He’s not the only one. Even more have unsubbed because Blizzard didn’t release fresh servers either.

I really doubt it. We will see all these blowhards at the gates when TBC launches

4 Likes