Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

I wouldn’t go that far, but it’s tangents like this that derail conversation and make the whole thread often seem like a waste of time. Some people cannot see the forest for the trees, and all that.

It just isn’t conducive to meaningful discussion. But as he said, it’s a public forum and we cannot police the crud that other people post. At least not how we’d like to.

I just hope other Community Council members can see and avoid the pitfalls of the forums.

I don’t get your point. Alts are a thing. What difference does their forum avatar make?

I’ve wanted to see this game succeed for years now. Every time I think “yeah, the devs will finally listen now” they screw it up with their arrogance and stubbornness every single time.

There is no goal. There’s only frustration as we continue to see empty words and promises from Blizzard without any follow through. I have no reason to believe this will be any different.

All we’ve seen is empty words and promises from Blizzard. I’ll change my tone once the devs actually listen to their players.

3 Likes

Ah, well, ok then I guess

Sure, ignore everything else I’ve said and cherry pick my response to feed your bias.

3 Likes

But calling me a bully is ? For pointing out a glaring contradiction in Mirasol’s post ?

The problem with Ivory Towers is that they often crumble when the populace decides they’ve had enough.

4 Likes

I mean the binary yes or no of “is there a goal” was the most important part of my question I asked for me. The rest is just explaining why your venting with no goal. I was just interested if there was actually a goal or not and that was my answer. Thank you.

Just that I didnt know this person from Forum Adam.

Like if you were the subject I would venture to say , “I thought she was just a rando Lvl 51 DK”

Although I have seen you post before, so that would be disingenuous.

But how does their level mean anything, especially when it comes to them replying to CS and TS posts?

But anyways you can just look at their achievements and see they have a level 60.

3 Likes

1 Like

They have received TONS of feedback outside of the council and have ignored a majority of it… At least until about #.2 when subs are down and they have to scramble (much like right now) to make their yearly numbers look decent.

What actually makes you think they’re going to listen now? Alpha and Beta testing are their hand picked people too… and they ignore it all.

4 Likes

If you say so

I’m not picking sides here, I think I can scold multiple people in the same statement. For the record, no it is not a one way street. Neither of you are acting all that impressively. Neither is making an effort to de-escalate an issue that came out of a non-issue. Does that matter? Most likely not.

3 Likes

That’s you attitude though.

You assume I have an issue with Mirasol.

We’re simply disagreeing on his level of “being known” as far as Blizzard is concerned. The initial argument being voting would be bad because only e-celebs would get in, the rebuttal being “yes, that’s what it is even when Blizzard” picks. Mirasol was simply downplaying his level of “being known”, when he was an MVP, so Blizzard would know him very well.

Nothing about that discussion was an escalating issue until this guy came in and tried to start something.

2 Likes

if you say so. Not really worth the back n forth with a strawman fallacy argument. So it’s just going to be an if you say so from here. If you want a different response, I would tag someone else.

Then they should not have named it the Community Council. The first word in that title makes the assumption that they are representing the WoW community. If this is not true, please enlighten me.

Are they? I have done a lot of reading on that forum and have yet to see even one person representing myself or the people I play this game with.

Again, I will point out the word “Community” in their title.

I also want to point out that not even Blizzard participates in their own initiative. They didn’t even do the first logical step and set up rules for those who join. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

There is no contradiction. Someone said Council members are well known/famous people. I said, no, most are not and used myself as an example of someone without any social media/streams who is not well known. I said MVPs on the forums are not well known in the WoW community.

Known by some in a tiny pond does not mean well known in the WoW Community. I am not famous in any way. Most players have zero idea who I am and don’t care.

This comes down to semantics and you trying to play with that. I don’t think you are ever going to convince anyone that being a TS/CS forum MVP makes someone WoW famous.

9 Likes

Who are your people?

They are to the WoW community but most importantly : they are to Blizzard.

You’re downplaying yourself but in the end, it’s the truth.

That’s just goalpost moving and you know it. Considering this entire sub thread started about a suggestion that CC members should be voted on rather than nominated.

1 Like