Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

The forum isn’t the majority of WoW players.

1 Like

They gave us back the mage tower. Check

They made it super hard. Check

Was the reward worth the effort. Nope, most wanted a weapon skin, the old ones or a new version recolor. What we got is recolored mythic gear and yet another mount.

Have a thousand mounts and I only use about 6. And the gear has about 5 recolors already.

That’s why it’s failing. And we actually did warn them of it early on. But then again they did not read their own forums.

You are not on ignore. I have no idea why you think you are. I just double checked my Ignore list. I have zero people on ignore.

I haven’t even bothered doing it. The rewards aren’t good enough. The Felbear might be super interesting if the Highmountain Tauren get Fel Customizations which can be used by the Druid class - otherwise most sets doesn’t look good in my opinion.

2 Likes

That’s not a remotely believable statement and hurts your credibility.

You’d have maybe a trickle of complaints about it being too easy. Now, that trickle of posts might be impassioned walls of texts from those few posters, but they’d still just be a trickle in comparison to the flood of posts from people complaining it’s too hard.

5 Likes

I agree, they’re just people, after all. I try not to bully anybody but sometimes I can be a little catty.

2 Likes

I need to try harder.

I think she implied YOU were going to be on ignore now… a conundrum.

Yes, basically proving they aren’t “working on 10.2 stuff”. They’re probably in the very early design stages of 10.0 with their designers since 9.x stuff is most likely designed. Not talking systems here, talking pure story/visual design. It’s all off to the art department for whenever they get time to produce the game art now.

I mean, we’ve all voted for Government before, so yeah, pretty much. But at the same time, we’ve all dealt with nominated bureaucrats too, so…

Pick your poison as they say.

Yeah right. Story and storyboarding maybe. Actual gameplay systems and game production ? No. Really not.

That’s why the gaming industry is known for its time crunches.

It’s funny you blame players here. Rather than blaming Blizzard for failing to realise that when a focus group tells you “This is awful”, you should listen.

Movies do reshoot when the focus groups tells them “no, this scene is bad, and you should feel bad”, they don’t just release the movie as is.

Scott Pilgrim had its entire ending changed when the focus group was like “WTH KNIVES ??!?!” and they changed it so ends up with Ramona.

4 Likes

Even people who tend to be abrasive and troll end up on the TS or CS forums eventually. I always have tried to put aside any preconceived notions and help. Unless they get really rude to me then I just opt not to answer. It is VERY rare I have ever put anyone on Ignore in any of the games. I think I have 2 people on Ignore in D3 forums but they spent years earning it.

3 Likes

No, for some reason the person thinks I had them on ignore. I have no idea why. Maybe they were mixing me up with someone else? I don’t care if they ignore me, that is fine. It is not like the forums even tell you who has you ignored.

This is just a PR move on blizzard. Blizzard gets more FREE feedback than other game developers could buy. They ignore it all until the players PUSH back with unsubs.

1 Like

That’s respectable, I have about 50 people on my ignore list and I think that’s why my foruming experience is so pleasant! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Don’t have numbers but some are bullying the CC members even finding their mains in-game, probably a rare occurrence but I wouldn’t put it past this ‘‘community’’ to do such things then pawn it off as ‘‘passion’’ for the game :crazy_face:

Anyway, way too much stock is put behind this new ‘forum’.

If Blizz ain’t communicating normally, seemingly deflecting some of the CC complaints, I can’t say they are open to much ~ so I don’t find it productive to get all worked up with getting points across into that forum.

I don’t condone bullying so if that is happening, that sucks and should stop.

I am not blaming the players. I am blaming blizz for not setting the expectations correctly. Tell people up front that the only things open to change are X. Players can’t be blamed for feeling their feedback goes into a void. Don’t ask for feedback then not even bother to tell people what is done with it and why. I thought I explained that in the other paragraph.

8 Likes

Right… she said “Mirasol has me on ignore , back at cha” implying that she was going to give you the same treatment… so your turning around and saying “No… you arent on ignore” is an effort in vain because you are now on her ignore list.

So still a conundrum.

Check, check 1 2 3

I don’t have anyone on ignore. I want to read the drama. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I agree this is important. Blizzard clearly was not backing off the covenant system early on, but so much energy was spent debating it.

Don’t get me wrong, if something looks juicy, I get ready to cackle like I’m watching JJ and click that little “show hidden content” button! It helps when I’m missing context. But I normally don’t click it.

1 Like

Blizzard has done that to GD. GD is so divided it hates no one fully. But Blizzard has earned its spot on the Hate list now.

One could say the reverse is true with GD. However the difference is that Blizzard represents as a single entity and the community of GD does not. So hating on the posters is not fair treatment.