Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

Um, no. The council was a horrible idea from the start and never should have even been considered. It is all a farce.

2 Likes

There is never a band-aid big enough to cover all the cuts, but there is also nothing wrong in pushing past your negative knee-jerk reaction and seeing where this goes… because the other option is to continue playing in a feedback-vacuum like we have been last couple expansion backs. That obviously is not working well or making the players feel connected to the game anymore, so this new venture promises just that… something “new.”

I for one have read a few posts that I didnt agree with, and some feedback that made me shake my head, but at least they are trying. Applying and being picked for the Council certainly must be a daunting task, and utilized different by each of the people chosen, so they will find a rhythm OR it will be shelved due to inaction in the future. Either option is realistic, but neither is certain. You already making up your mind that the CC is broken and needs to be dissolved doesnt help the multitudes of other people who have seen posts that speak to them, and are hopeful they might see a personal-game-affecting change or at least a discussion on said topic to provide better understanding into Dev thoughts.

You cant discount their hopes because you are cynical. Might as well go play a non-MMO RPG if you arent concerned with others in-game. This is a community, and it really needs to get back to that. We are just fighting ourselves for the hell of it.

1 Like

Completely incorrect. You are using a false dichotomy argument. There are plenty of posts here in this very thread explaining much better ways for Lizzard to receive feedback. The council is merely a red herring so player feedback can continue to be ignored. I didn’t read anything past this quote because I’m not going to engage in arguments when you are simply being disinguous.

4 Likes

Creating animosity among the community for a system that doesn’t even attempt to address the actual issue (which is how Blizzard handles feedback and customer relations internally) is a problem. The community council is more like adding bacteria to a wound, not a bandaid.

I appreciate your positive attitude and I love that in the community, but I have seen Blizzard blame the community enough. It’s time for them to actually take responsibility. The community wants them to succeed, it’s their own bad decisions that are slowly killing them.

3 Likes

As long as Warforging doesn’t come back, I won’t say a word against them.

Understandably, that was probably not worded the best, but you are being obtuse about it just to be obtuse. And thats fine, we all use the forums in different ways.

Since we are faced with the two realities currently, and I have no hope of affecting change through ANY reality, I see we have two options. Keep on keeping on (seeing how little change this has effected last two xpacs, not ideal), or try the new avenue that has been put together. Maybe if GD for the most part dialed back the vitriol, there would be far more effective feedback threads, but thats just not the case currently. Too much side-drama to wade through in order to find the nugget of actionable feedback and I can only assume Blizzard thinks twice before posting/replying in GD, so I feel we are better suited to to put the energy we WANT to see from the CC, into the CC. Provide feedback without being an a-hole, start threads of your ideas and invite player discussion.

Replying to attack isnt the answer IMO. Replying to discuss would be far more beneficial, dont you think?

for the most part, they got their own section. read a few post, but nothing to like or reply to.

lol

Fair representation, and I have to agree that Blizzard’s history is not positive when it comes to player engagement and fixing perceived issues.

Here’s an open question… how would you define Blizzard “taking responsibility?”

First thought coming to mind would be a very open and honest direct company communique outlining where they have failed and what they are going to do better. But I dont believe that what we believe Blizzard did wrong, is the same as what they see. Granted no amount of council’s will probably fix this if it hasnt already burned between their ears, but if we dont even give this CC a chance, we are just doomed to repeat the same feedback loop.

They got rid of the only guy actually trying to make the council productive, so not sure why anyone has faith in the system to begin with.

5 Likes

I am not dumping on anyone, but this is just a bait and switch by blizzard entertainment. LOOK over here not over there, we care. We just dont want to talk to you.

IMO the problem with that is it would require a coherent strategy with an over-arching decision maker at Blizz HQ. I don’t think there is such a person anymore. Ybara is basically a figure head. Boss in name only. Rumor has it that all the sub-managers have carved out their own little fiefdoms like what Ion has done.

With the old guard that were actually in control all gone, there’s no one left to steer the ship.

1 Like

I could see that, each team is independant, propose their solution with no regards to how it impacts other teams and we end up with crazy systems because all decision making was delegated to the lowest ranking person.

Then an email is sent requesting “approval”, and the guy replies “approved”.

I think the first step is for them to actually address the community. I think the majority of us can agree that there is a lot of bad feedback, but also some good feedback, but so little of it is ever actually addressed by Blizzard. They need to hire people who are actually qualified to interact with the community and show us that they actually care enough to even read the feedback we’re providing. I think the community being able to visibly see Blizzard communicating with us is the very first step. Even a response like “we appreciate this feedback, but right now we just don’t have the man power in the development team to focus on this issue” would be worth so much to the poster and people posting in that thread.

They could give us guidance as to what areas they want to give attention to so the community could actually provide focused feedback for them. If they feel like raids are what they want developers to focus on next, tell us, tons of people have great ideas. If they want to put time into pet battles, tell us. The reason they get so much feedback all over the place is because there is radio silence on what kind of feedback they want. Even in the community council forum there’s no guidance or anything.

Edit: I guess what I want Blizzard to understand is that good feedback requires 2-way communication. We can’t provide feedback if we don’t know what they’re thinking and what they’re feeling. And I mean that when I say how they’re feeling. If they’re resistant to changing something, tell us why, and be honest. Even if their answer is “well, the developer who came up this design is really proud of it” at least it’s something we can all understand and instead of trying to force changes on it, we can give feedback as to how to keep the system but improve upon it.

4 Likes

The moment you posted bunch of threads, none of them actually concern to improve any of the role-playing and customizations contents.

It’s just bunch of CCs talking about what “they” want and not even give a single consideration to ask other members what they want to be included in the CC forum.

There has been many times that people asked to repair Plaguelands and Felwood and other destroyed continents to change instances and none of CC ever want to support that.

1 Like

You need to expand your mind and education if you really cannot comprehend the simply laid out suggestions already made in this thread. I didn’t read the rest of the drivel.

1 Like

Im very confused by your hypocritical position telling me to expand my mind, yet every other comment of yours is “your opinion doesnt matter to me,” or “i didnt read past the part I personally dont agree with.” Whether its my posts or others, you are the one coming off with a closed mind. I am willing to see the project either succeed or fail. You have already chosen your stance and keep saying you will never waver.

Im sorry you have to go day-to-day as that, coming from an ex-teacher, there are always situations to learn from and grow. Gaming is no different my friend.

2 Likes

World

• Update Azeroth! It would be nice if the old world was updated to better reflect the current state of Azeroth - both in terms of lore, storytelling, and graphics.

I think they have that covered.

1 Like

And you are violating the CoC.

I request for the council to discuss topics which have been present the past few days:

• Faction imbalance
  • Alliance race diversity

Not enough has been said about this but the few “normal user”-topics. Thanks

Thankfully I’m at liberty to disagree with you as much as I do some of the council members.

5 Likes