Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

Nothing against any member of the council. I just think that it is a bad idea in-general. lol

Councils rarely work as intended in my experience.

4 Likes

Folks just want an easy target to misdirect their frustrations and anger toward OP.

The CC hasnt been really doing anything of value nor do they represent the community even though they are called the community council. Community is in the name. They arent even interacting with their communities that they are trying to speak for, they are just communicating with certain people that they agree with. Its already been admitted to on the community council forums.

This whole thing was just a bad idea completely.

2 Likes

I don’t think “bad” is the word I would use for them. I would go with “pointless.” They’re not a “community council” because we didn’t vote for them. They don’t speak for us, they speak for themselves so I think the name is disingenuous.

What they are is MVPs with a new name.

4 Likes

They volunteered their time. Blizzard is just using them as a shield because everyone knows the people to point to when the game is crap in the future. It doesnt matter if they fought against it or not. If they did, then they didnt fight against it hard enough or didnt relay how bad something will be. If they dont talk against something and people hate it, then why didnt those people speak out against something the majority would hate. It would just prove the council is a failure.

I applied.Didn’t get picked.

Oh I know they dont speak for the community, they already admitted to only working with people they deem worthy of working with to forward their agenda and views.

But its a bad idea because absolutely everyone knows who to point to if it hits the wall, regardless if they spoke out against something or not.

Its like the Devs saying they wanted to bring back tier sets… well why didnt they? They are the ones that make them. They decide if it goes in or not, so if they wanted to make them, why didnt they? Sounds like PR to sound like they are on the players side.

1 Like

There is a HUGE difference though. MVPs had zero access to the Developers or anyone else. The only contact is the forum Community Manager.

Some MVPs might have been in the secret focus groups if they were theorycrafters or high end raiders, but it was not part of the MVP program.

It just doesnt resonate that 41 people will finally be able to “reach Blizz”, where influencers with literally hundreds of thousands of viewers all in agreement with them and in the influencer program went disregarded although

Doesnt quite add up now does it?

5 Likes

It would seem by now they don’t rely on observational research and be objective but rather wish to do qc on the forums as a means to interject their ideas. Just an observation and opinion.

anything different than what was posted in GD? I don’t read that section because it was going to be an exercise in frustration and annoyance.

1 Like

Giving opinions on their opinions, when Blizzard has essentially made it obvious they’re only going to listen to their opinions, is not bullying or shaming.

1 Like

It’s cute you think you have access to the developers.

I hope this line is just trolling.

Activision made 639 million dollars in Q3 alone with almost 2 billion in net revenues.

They are unpaid laborers to a corporation who can afford to care.

1 Like

They volunteered their time. They were not sending in a job application to work at Blizzard.

Never in a million years should they be paid. Doesn’t matter if blizzard has the money.

Because people have been conditioned to use those services to a great extend to have a regular gaming experience. Just think about what I have been writing now. We’re living truly in the end times of WoW.

Bellular had a boosting special and it nailed the problem perfectly down: A boost is the perfect game run you can get without having negative impacts of the ordinary gameplay WoW usually provides.

Many of them are pushing their own ideas on how the game should be developed. Everyone has their own opinions on how WoW has been developed, and should be developed, and that’s fine. However, if a CC member is posting their opinions and receiving feedback, they should simply take that feedback into consideration instead of aggressively defending it.

The chap who posted about dual spec for PvP only started off with an idea. The thread became combative and he chose to dig his heels in. Eventually, he came around, so good on him (we are only human.)

There is one member who has regularly posted in this thread who’s been excessively aggressive, and IMO, guilty of trolling.

Let’s not forget the fiasco that happened in the Discord where a member got upset over too many PoC being in WoW.

This would be handled significantly better by an AI system that is completely unbiased and just flags hot topics across every platform. The problem is Blizzard has no idea how to elegantly handle feedback or implement it. The whole company seems to have no idea what empathy is or how to interact with their community at the most basic of levels.

In truth, I expect this kind of oblivious behavior from Blizzard nowadays, but what I can’t understand is how none of these Community Council are standing up for the community and explaining to Blizzard that the issue is with them and a community council isn’t going to fix their internal issues. I’d like Blizzard to finally admit responsibility and take the steps to get back in touch with their players, rather than try to sweep the actual issue under the rug. I’d also like the community council to actually take a stand and quit that team and stop pretending like it’s going to fix anything.

I have my own opinions on the Community Council, but for the most part after reading through this and other threads like it, I just want to say:

Everyone take a breath.

The Community Council is made up of people who, like pretty much every other player, love to play the game and have ideas on how the game could be more fun FOR THEM. Everyone has come across situations either in-game or as a whole that they would love to get their hands on and fix if they could, in order to improve their gaming QoL. Unfortunately, Blizzard chose a system that led to a select group of these folks having a bit more direct voice than the majority.

They were picked to represent all the different areas of interest in the game (since there are many and very very few players experience all the facets collectively) and so there will be ideas upon ideas, posts upon posts, and feedback upon feedback. To this end and after reading so many threads of people up in arms over this CC, I just want to re-iterate that for now, I hope players can just take a breath and relax for a few weeks. This council was just set up and looks to still be filling which is probably taking a bit of the Dev effort to fill, before they turn their full attention (or as much as they are willing to give) to the actual forms themselves. Once the council is full, and they are doing their thing by posting their thoughts/feedback, I expect that almost everyone reading will find at least a couple ideas that will improve their gaming experience in WoW. They may not agree with others, but there will be something for each player.

Where this seems to go off the rails, or people jump down the collective CC’s throats, is the fact that alot of these changes/thoughts/feedback have been given by the same playerbase for years and it feels like deaf ears on the Blizzard side for the most part. I feel for the community at large, having taken a couple long breaks from the game through the years myself due to having my own hate on for certain game aspects, but like myself I just hope that everyone can, for the love of gaming… take a breath.

And Merry Christmas!

2 Likes