Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

It’s a sad day when Old Republic delays their 10th anniversary expansion by two months, because they want to fix things based on player feedback… while we watch all of the actual constructive feedback here get this treatment:

12 Likes

By toxic he means “people say mean things like Conduit Energy is a bad system no one asked for, no one enjoys and that does nothing to help MAU”, not what you’re thinking toxic is.

GD is pretty tame, especially with how heavy handed the moderation is.

8 Likes

I get what you are saying here but I don’t think bickering over who is famous or not and qualifications for the council are really going to change the public perspective one way or another.

1 Like

Good keep bring them .my list is getting big.

I hope I’m on the list.

3 Likes

I did, it’s literally like a GD thread “I did it, no nerfs!”, except you don’t have anyone challenging you because no one can respond.

Basically reads like some Metrohaha bait really. Metrohaha could’ve used a read-only forum to post in because he had no chance not to be completely rebuked on GD.

On GD, that thread would’ve been shredded by most people. This guy deserved CC for his thread which is massively more useful than yours :

This guy brought the receipts.

12 Likes

Around 100-ish. We currently have 39. The apps are closed for now, but if they find that participation drops too far, they will open it back up and add to the council during the 1 year span.

1 Like

These CEO-parties don’t finance themselves, ya know.

If they can’t do this then perhaps they are not the right person for the job? I mean, most interaction the CC-people do is here on the GD at the moment.

GD-feedback is not harsh, it’s rather running away from the developer’s responsibility to clean up the things they have ruined for the paying customers, to be honest.

2 Likes

Blizzards policy seems to be “let’s do it our way first, then when it’s proven wrong and our repairs don’t work we will switch it to your way a week before it’s irrelevant”.

They have had a near perfect track record of failure with this. So I don’t think it’s too much to ask to be allowed more input into this process from hence forth.

This council however is fake input from people hand picked by blizzard to tell them what they want to hear. And this input is not even getting responded too.

This is where the frustration lies. The poor council members are getting tapped on like a “mic check” by a frustrated GD. They are the slapped into a bad situation like a employee between the rule book and a Karen.

12 Likes

My question is, they have a few CMs. That’s like at least 500k/year in just salary.

What exactly is that 500k/year buying them as far as “Community Management” goes ? They can’t even put out a podcast more than once every 3 months and have quit doing it entirely.

2 Likes

Sad indeed, well put.

The way I see it (puts on tin foil hat)

The council IS about getting some feedback, but not entirely. I feel this is about free advertising. I do feel like they want streamers and the like to “get word out” about how good WoW is doing. How they listen more now. How it’s not just a big scandal at Blizz-Act.

In short: it’s a PR stunt for free adverts. Sorry for sounding jaded; I am. I just think the world is more underhanded especially from businesses.

1 Like

“Hey guys, we don’t get why Mage Tower participation is dropping massively even though success rate is still very low. We don’t get why MAUs aren’t rising with this new bit of content being introduced for a limited time frame, the CC told us it was super fine and fun content, what gives ?!?!?!”.

Now they’ll have an excuse and someone to blame when it all inevitably fails.

1 Like

We don’t know how much money the game generates but given that it’s a self-sustained cash cow, it really puts them in a bad light how awful the service is the provide. We still have no Netflix animation, the audio dramas haven’t been done since Legion, there are no new side stories, comics, Blizzard Workshop for creators or whatsoever.

They don’t update the old maps, enemies or bring fun systems to the game. Where does the money really go, indeed?

Let me put my tinfoil hat on, They already had these changes planned way before Beta. It’s how they do things with the system. Make it super tight at the start knowing people will complain and then loosen it on major patch. Just enough to make it easy, but still some will complain. All the way to the last major patch.

We know blizz always works ahead of time for their expansions. 10.2 is probably being worked on now and the new systems we will learn to hate are being loosen’d up.

tin foil hat off.

1 Like

Nah,we might argue but it’s nothing like they do.

And every time it results in massive subscription loss.

At least don’t call them idiots. I’d rather they be arrogant and ignore feedback and have to react to falling subs, then think they are idiots that are tanking subs on purpose.

You’d be surprised how Game studios are not that far ahead of the curve. Most software isn’t. What’s usually in staging isn’t that far more advanced from production.

If that were the case, we’d have seen more than 1 Diablo game in the almost last 10 years don’t you think ?

I was just being facetious.

1 Like

…How’s complaining is the same thing as bullying? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well… I don’t know honestly. On the one hand, if your talking about the forums, then sure. On the other, i don’t see many of people we see on the fourms on there…

That doesn’t mean all the voices or what’s been chosen by Blizzard is 100% correct.

I don’t think they were trying to shame them. They were simply giving their constructive criticism to what they think is the issues with the community council members. They just can’t talk about to them directly on the forums.

Even if were talking about threads that just does nothing but insult or shame them, their a minority.

I hope the council realizes a few posts insulting them aren’t a majority. There is constructive feedback on GD.

…Okay this is getting into Clark’s “If you are mad about the game, be a game designer” territory. :confused:

People have been criticizing the game and as well some of the player’s opinions and arguments for a good long time without any sort of prerequisite in order to criticize them (Because if you can say positive things without needing to be something first, then you can be critical or negative without needing to be something first). I don’t seriously know why we need to gatekeep people in order to make opinions or arguments against their ideas if they don’t find them to be good.

1 Like

Diablo 4 was only announced because of Diablo Immortal announcement flop. They had a “break this glass in case of emergency” with Diablo 4 in it.

2 Likes