Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

I could see that, each team is independant, propose their solution with no regards to how it impacts other teams and we end up with crazy systems because all decision making was delegated to the lowest ranking person.

Then an email is sent requesting “approval”, and the guy replies “approved”.

I think the first step is for them to actually address the community. I think the majority of us can agree that there is a lot of bad feedback, but also some good feedback, but so little of it is ever actually addressed by Blizzard. They need to hire people who are actually qualified to interact with the community and show us that they actually care enough to even read the feedback we’re providing. I think the community being able to visibly see Blizzard communicating with us is the very first step. Even a response like “we appreciate this feedback, but right now we just don’t have the man power in the development team to focus on this issue” would be worth so much to the poster and people posting in that thread.

They could give us guidance as to what areas they want to give attention to so the community could actually provide focused feedback for them. If they feel like raids are what they want developers to focus on next, tell us, tons of people have great ideas. If they want to put time into pet battles, tell us. The reason they get so much feedback all over the place is because there is radio silence on what kind of feedback they want. Even in the community council forum there’s no guidance or anything.

Edit: I guess what I want Blizzard to understand is that good feedback requires 2-way communication. We can’t provide feedback if we don’t know what they’re thinking and what they’re feeling. And I mean that when I say how they’re feeling. If they’re resistant to changing something, tell us why, and be honest. Even if their answer is “well, the developer who came up this design is really proud of it” at least it’s something we can all understand and instead of trying to force changes on it, we can give feedback as to how to keep the system but improve upon it.

4 Likes

The moment you posted bunch of threads, none of them actually concern to improve any of the role-playing and customizations contents.

It’s just bunch of CCs talking about what “they” want and not even give a single consideration to ask other members what they want to be included in the CC forum.

There has been many times that people asked to repair Plaguelands and Felwood and other destroyed continents to change instances and none of CC ever want to support that.

1 Like

You need to expand your mind and education if you really cannot comprehend the simply laid out suggestions already made in this thread. I didn’t read the rest of the drivel.

1 Like

Im very confused by your hypocritical position telling me to expand my mind, yet every other comment of yours is “your opinion doesnt matter to me,” or “i didnt read past the part I personally dont agree with.” Whether its my posts or others, you are the one coming off with a closed mind. I am willing to see the project either succeed or fail. You have already chosen your stance and keep saying you will never waver.

Im sorry you have to go day-to-day as that, coming from an ex-teacher, there are always situations to learn from and grow. Gaming is no different my friend.

2 Likes

World

• Update Azeroth! It would be nice if the old world was updated to better reflect the current state of Azeroth - both in terms of lore, storytelling, and graphics.

I think they have that covered.

1 Like

And you are violating the CoC.

I request for the council to discuss topics which have been present the past few days:

• Faction imbalance
  • Alliance race diversity

Not enough has been said about this but the few “normal user”-topics. Thanks

Thankfully I’m at liberty to disagree with you as much as I do some of the council members.

5 Likes

then they should have picked people who were active posters on this forum to begin with and not just for the few weeks after they announced this CC either. People who regularly actually discuss the game on the forums. They have lots of people who rarely post on here in there and some when they do it is almost never about the actual game. It is in a more nanny type role.

1 Like

yes and then they will remove stuff and people will complain they have removed stuff - not only that, updating Azeroth is going to cost 2 raid tiers. That would be a huge project - akin to actually making a new expansion.

Or maybe just maybe use the forums that we have, and not just the people who regularly post. If someone that doesn’t post often takes the time to come and address an issue. They might need to listen to them.

you think anything those people could say would be any different than what has been said by others?

of course, do you think that people that post often have a better understanding of how others feel, and or play.

Brand new poster here - listen to me. Please ignore all the bad ideas.

Thanks.

1 Like

Blizz already has all the feedback they need. It’s shown when the fix things two patches later like 9.1.5 that people complained about from the start.

If they cared about fixing the game they would just fix it rather than creating this whole council for PR.

5 Likes

If only one person feels ‘x’ about something they really should be ignored.

I would love to see them eliminate all dungeons and raids because I don’t care for that content, guess what it doesn’t matter what character I post on or how many posts I have made, that should be ignored.

“that’s like your opinion man” everyone has right to have their view heard.

We wasn’t talking about good vs bad ideas, we was talking about how you said

and I disagree. What if they had a good idea, game changing even. We didn’t
need anyone to be picked. Its just a PR stunt.

The makeup should have been 51 forum regulars, and 49 hand picked that applied. Regulars know the general pulse of the game. The hand picked might be experts in 1 field but lack in the general needs of the game.

1 Like

And what was I responding to? If people aren’t active on this forum they shouldn’t be on a council where blizzard is asking for feedback. That isn’t a wish list forum, blizzard wants feedback on certain issues and if you can’t be bothered to post on this forum in the first place, you will be useless there.

And you didn’t even reply to me or that statement or else I would have addressed that from the start. If people don’t post enough on this forum to actually know how to use it, then it is a big problem.