Don't bully the Council - allow them to do their things

The things that impact 2/3 of the player base have been pretty well documented and discussed between the forums, reddit, streams, etc.

Part of the goal of selecting people for the Council was to reach out to those who don’t tend to have much input - the smaller portion of the player base or maybe less vocal. That is why they asked for detailed info on what aspects of the game a person played when filling out the application.

So, those things about accessibility, or moderation, etc - those are important too and they wanted to hear.

2 Likes

well if you actually posted on your main account I would treat your message as more impartial.

I’ve muted that entire section

:disappointed: And I already went and put on my bully transmog.

…But, yeah, the fact that they were chosen for the community council is not an excuse to attack them; just let them cover the topics they want in the way they want to do it.

2 Likes

I don’t see a single council member advocate for flying either. Would be nice…

For what part of flying? I have a post up about the changes to the grind for Zereth Mortis on the 9.2 PTR.

2 Likes

Me? I am posting on the posting character I have used since 2013 when I was asked to select one and stick to it. I am not allowed to change characters. Posting on diff chars and sockpuppeting is not something they wanted MVPs doing. I could post on another char and claim to be Mira but you would have no way to know that is true or not. Only this char is green.

1 Like

heya mate! this is off topic but is there ANY convos happening about enforcing existing rules and/or game and forum moderation? i.e several dev bashing threads (forum mod should remedy that in a timely fashion) and spamming lfg chat with adverts (tbc in particular)

Not sure about the forum mod, but there is commentary about advertising in the Boosting thread (On boosting - #7 by Letholas-veknilash) which while it was geared more towards retail would apply to classic as well.

This is funny. It seems as if you’re in need of some moderation. Do you fight with everyone here on the forums?

1 Like

I truly hope that thread is read by folks that can fix that. Simple game moderation for a week or 2 would do wonders. Folks can boost all they want, it’s the advertising (as you posted) that is out of control. Huokan is now advertising MT/Torghast carries too…how is that not raising flags?

The part where we can fly right at max level and not have to wait a year to earn it and not have to earn it multiple times during a single expansion.

It’s disgusting what Blizzard has done with flying. They literally hold it hostage.

5 Likes

Job? The Community Council was created to represent us. They’re not doing a very good job. While this may not be entirely their fault, it needs to be addressed.

Not only do they seem to be rather pushy with their opinions, we have at least one who insists on fighting with folks in the forums. This is unacceptable and this person should be put in their place.

Council is nothing but a PR move for Blizzard to say, “lOoK oVeR hErE wE’rE lIsTeNiNg!!!” While they continue to develop a game based on how much subcscription time they can squeeze every single bit of content out of.

The only people they are fooling are the council members who now think their opinions are important and being listened to and giving some of them really big, hilariously sad egos.

It’s all a last ditch marketing effort to save a sinking ship.

7 Likes

I don’t know. But I looked in the raid section of the group finder yesterday and over 50% of the groups listed were boosting services.

Like I said in the current last comment on that post - I don’t mind if people boost. How they choose to spend their gold is up to them, but it shouldn’t be advertised in game. Make people go to a 3rd party site to set it up.

Yeah so go look at that post I made. That’s what it’s addressing and I directly asked blizzard a question about it that I hope gets an answer.

I know you were asking Letholas, but I can answer some of that.

The forum moderation is a hot topic in some circles and has been discussed at length with the Forum Support Agents who inhabit the CS forum. The complaint we put forward was that forum moderation is not timely or consistent. Threads and posts that are way over the top abusive, real life threats, etc stay up sometimes for days even when flagged to be grey. The Forum Mods cover every single Blizzard forum and respond to flags, they don’t really moderate in real time.

In game continues to be an ongoing issues as well but they recently put in some improvements and toughened the penalties.

The CS forum is good for getting a feel for that.
-If someone says "REPORT HIM" in chat, and you get kicked offline 10 seconds later how is that fair? - #15 by Kalviery

This one has good comments on ongoing harassment and also a review of the recent in-game changes to the reporting systems. They are now suspending people, not just Silencing them, depending on what they do.

3 Likes

Apologies if I seem harsh.

Your thread is a good start. If there’s one thing I’ve hated about wow more than anything it’s been the dev’s war against flying. I loathe it so much.

5 Likes

The council will work if we, as a community, chose to work through them. The program is still in it’s infancy; Give it a good 6 months of operating before throwing acid at them. Also, feel grateful that a FEW of the CC members even try engaging/interacting with GD. We want to be represented, so let them represent us. Not every post they make will speak for all, but if we can keep a civil open convo going with these Reps, perhaps things will actually change this time?

5 Likes

I posted in support chat too, a few days ago…got a blue to acknowledge that it’s against the rules to spam lfg in tbc…still reporting, but the same accounts spam daily. =( simply feels like there are no more CS or GM anymore