Dont be upset by no rdf

Technically hes on to something. The people who want RDF are the same people whod actually buy Dragonflight after the crap show that was BFA and SL.

2 Likes

I’m wondering why they decided to put in body type changes at the barbershop. Wouldn’t it be profitable to keep appearance change costs? let alone name changing too? its really weird.

They could sell RDF as a special store feature for 60 bucks. Theyd make millions.

Maybe
 maybe not. But I can say this
 as someone who doesn’t want RDF for WotLK, if we all go a phase and the player base still feels strongly that it will add value to the game, I would hope that Blizzard would at least reconsider it.

Not in a “We waited, give us now!” kind of way but more of a “Hey, so not having RDF has produced these kinds of outcomes and we should revisit the RDF conversation” kind of way.

It makes them look better offering that as a freebie while retaining the services of race/faction/name change. Its more of a PR thing.

1 Like

they just added race/faction change to
 keep the spirit of the original wrath
technically correct but we all know the truth

Neither you nor I know. Likely not that profitable, especially not as profitable as Classic WoW has been. Do you think the profits gained from appearance changes is in any way equivalent to the profits gained from Classic WoW?

It’s about degree Samaara. This is yet another apple to airplane comparison.

You can’t change your name at the barber shop.

he went from barber to surgeon to magical gender changer surgeon
becoming a judge or magistrate for name changes will be easy for him

Not comparing. I just find it amusing. It amuses me.

I think companies market their products with puffery, planned obsolescence, and artificial scarcity. They tend not to use gut thinking and rely on what they know. Shareholders preferred a path traveled.

Blizzard follows a pattern. If you choose to not see it because of your own biases then I can’t help ya.

They basically treat us like kids. If they have 10 grapes to give us they give us 2 at a time. Otherwise we would eat all 10 and then act like we never got a grape.

Tbh, we probably deserve to be treated like kids

just read the forums for a few days ( minutes even )
you would think the same

1 Like

I’m neither for or against RDF. Reading the forums has been entertaining but i feel like i’m watching two kids fight and i’m just a friend of the family eating popcorn.

this whole forum thing is but a side game
quite fun at times honestly

man i really wish someone would come up with a “Wall of NO” styled post but with every single instance blizzard has changed their mind after trying to claim it was impossible or that they would not do something, or how the players were just overreacting and that things would “be better with the final product once it gets out of beta”

major things i know about are: WoD flying, Legion Legendaries, Legion AP grind, BfA AP grind, BfA azerite armor, BfA necklace, Shadowlands Torghast, Shadowlands Covenants, Shadowlands Legendaries, Shadowlands AP grind. i bet there were a bunch of other smaller things, or even some major things that i just can’t remember, that happened since pretty much launch in 2004.

They also didn’t plan on including race/faction change, but here we are.

What I want to know about is why folks are not complaining that they didn’t add the ICC poison mechanics at launch.

I don’t want to macro!!! I want to be lazy and blizzard is getting in the way of that.

RDF is going to be part of a 6-Month deal.

3 Likes

Now that’s profit. ngl that would work actually lol.

Its not me you have to convince, its blizzard. Good luck.

Well then I won’t have to do any convincing at all then, since I’m 100% positive Blizzard is more than capable of reading haha.

I find it extremely disingenuous when people say RDF will either make them re-sub or quit. You mean to tell me with all the things you can do in Wrath, the fact you need to take a couple extra steps to form a dungeon group is the line for you?

If dungeons were literally the only end-game with no raids, bgs, dailies, rep grinds, gold farms, random RP events (if youre on Grobb and whatever other remaining RP server), and whatever else players get up to, then it would seem like a fine line; otherwise it just seem like something players throw out in hopes of putting pressure on the devs.

I personally do not like spamming chat or browsing thru bulletin board for groups, and would prefer RDF to be in the game. However, it does not move the needle in the slightest for me in terms of if I keep playing or if I quit.