Dont be upset by no rdf

Maybe they’ll do the Mona Lisa next. Always thought she’d look better in clown make-up. Or maybe just turn it into a bowl of fruit.

It’s a solid theory, and I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest bit if that’s exactly what happens.

because losing numbers is profitable
they have done it before and will do it again

2 Likes

It’s not trolling to ask for a specific citation for a quote that is obviously made up. Blizzard, and Ion specifically, are very careful about never using the word “never”. For this very reason actually.

Can you prove numbers are being lost?

These numbers are confidential projection data and blizzard WILL not share this info fyi.

You will know the numbers are dropping if blizz adds rdf in a later phase. They arent going to release the numbers, theyre just going to patch it in.

Serious question, do you think Blizzard is going to continue releasing classic versions of expansions? After WOTLK I feel like the opinions about expansions start to veer heavily into the negative.

1 Like

Right, which is the point. None of us know whether or not removing RDF affected subscription numbers. So basing any claim in the idea that removing RDF causes Blizzard to lose money is silly. We really have no idea if that’s the case.

the good ol denying the antecedent

Without a doubt. I think the plan with classic will be to open new servers starting on vanilla alongside the existing classic servers as they progress through previous expansions of the past.

Other older mmorpgs (everquest for example) have been doing this model for years now and its kept them going. All it would take is a tweak to the rules of a server to create a new experience and people will gladly try it.

Calling for Blizzard’s financial and business work product to be posted on these public forums, frankly, should be a bannable offense. You’d be wise to stop doing that.

The good ol’ making claims without a source to back it up.

Where have I ever done this?

if there is a demand there will be a market

You asked someone to leak Blizzard’s confidential financial data onto these forums within this thread.

it came to me in a dream

Please quote where I asked anyone to do that. I’ll wait.

Here it is. Ive reported you.

It might be helpful to actually read the question being asked. “Can you prove numbers are being lost” is a yes or no question. “Yes I can prove it” or “No, I can’t prove it”.

It’s not asking anyone to “leak Blizzard’s confidential financial data”. Nice try.

I didn’t know older games did that but make sense. Obvious my own opinion of the expansions tinge my thoughts. Because I’d rather play through Shadowlands before I ever touched cataclysm again and same goes for WoD.

But as was pointed out if there is a profitable demand for it there’s probably no reason it wouldn’t continue.

Didn’t they say the same thing about Classic?

It’s interesting what we choose to believe and what we choose not to believe when Blizzard makes a statement. It’s almost like we have our own biases and hear what we want to hear and believe what we want to believe.

1 Like

Classic was going to make millions for essentially very little work, of course they were going to do it.

Can the same be said about RDF? It’s fallacious to compare these two. You’re comparing apples to airplanes.