Domino's Pizza

but, did wiping your butt with it improve it?

3 Likes

If you are a fan of Chicago style stuffed pizza, hooves down the best I’ve had is from a small family chain called Leona’s Pizzeria. Great crust, fresh toppings, and a tomato sauce that is heavenly.

/moo :cow:

2 Likes

It’s not worth touching my cheeks.

1 Like

I don’t understand the whole upside down pizza thing.

cheese… on the bottom? mountains of sauce on top? madness.

2 Likes

Isn’t that Detroit? Not Chicago?

1 Like

As Jon Stewart once observed in the great NY vs. Chicago pizza debate: Chicago stuffed pizza isn’t even pizza, it’s a casserole.

And he’s not wrong - about the casserole part. It may be madness, but it’s a very delicious madness.

But Chicago stuffed pizza >> NY wimpy thin stuff each day and every day.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

Plays Woke Up This Morning by A3

Also, I hate this thread for existing.

Now I want pizza, but unless it’s Friday or Saturday, the closest pizza place is an hour drive away. :sob:

1 Like

Oh yea? You like terrible human beings running the place making your terrible pizza? Odd take but I guess you just have a thing for the bottom of the barrel.

I’m more of a papa John’s kind of guy as far as chain pizza goes. Godfathers taco pizza is my treat I get once in a blue moon, if it was cheaper pizza that’d be all I get but they are the most expensive out there. Usually we end up with Casey’s; pepperoni or cheeseburger for me.

I don’t really get people’s fascination with putting specific pizza on a pedestal and claiming other is trash. It’s pizza, even when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.

2 Likes

Excuse me, that’s awful :cry:

Sadly they only have one shop open right now.

I have a feeling they might be struggling to keep the other one open.

I recommend Bartoli’s if you’re in Chicago, and if you can get to the NW suburbs (my old stomping grounds), make your way over the Uncle Jerry’s Pizza Company.

There was a place in my hometown that used to make great pizzas but they closed up shop years ago. The made the mistake of switching locations and I think it cost them in the long run.

2 Likes

Oh please, he’s wrong, but you’re wrong and dramatic.

1 Like

We had a local pizza place that was run by this old lady from Illinois.

But then she retired and sold it to this guy who just wanted to cut costs and maximize profits. On top of that, most of the good staff left with him as boss and got replaced with idiot local kids with no work ethic (I wasn’t paying attention to the time when I ordered a slice of pepperoni and twenty five minutes went by, only for them to then tell me it’d be another half an hour before they cooked an entire pizza just to provide me with one slice).

They understandably went out of business.

Now there’s just a pizza truck two days out of the week, because the city council is run by the next city over (which does everything in its power to squash anything remotely threatening to the socioeconomical monopoly the city holds as a college town) and they refused to give the permits for them to open a shop proper unless they bent over backwards five times and forked over more money than it’s worth.

Thing is with Papa Johns, at least the ones over here, it’s as if you’re calling a call-center just to order a simple pizza pie. I ask, “I want to order a pepperoni pizza, with green peppers”, and I always get this lady that is reading a script and it’s almost as if I’m talking to an Amazon employee for an item return lmao

Wouldn’t know… They haven’t been able to deliver to my house for over a decade even though they are less than two miles away. We would order occasionally to test them out. Then two hours later we call to cancel the order because it hasn’t even been started yet.

Not a big deal though. A local place called Vince’s always delivered our orders in 20 minutes. They were 5 miles away.

Your mistake is calling instead of ordering online. Don’t interact with humans if you can help it, when delivering be sure to take advantage of the leave food at the door option.

2 Likes

Holy cow, this sounds just like a local Chicago Dog place we had in town. Run by a retired Chicago cop, sold it to a local, tried to add local food and not get authentic Chicago ingredients. Staff was good with the original guy, terrible with the new owner.

Eventually got sold to someone else that converted it to a BBQ place. Decent food, but the Chicago stuff is GONE and I hate it.

I’ve seriously considered opening a real Chicago food shop here in town, just so I can eat like a normal person again.

1 Like

you live in the mecha of fine quality firestone pizza.
expand the horizons on which your taste can travel

True that. It’s only Papa Johns that does this though, at least around here. They turn a 2 minute order into a 5 minute back n forth ordeal lol