Dog fights and?

Yes you can, you need to read the report from the Fed and the Justice department Financial crimes unit. These rules are made to stop money laundering via virtual currencies. WoW gold is exchangeable for real money and thus is legally a currency and thus taxable under US Law.

This GAO report may help you understand the reasoning behind the rules:

2 Likes

BBB is a joke and has no power in determining taxable goods.

Also, please provide a link to the blizzard store page that lists the services I can buy with gold.

Wrong money does get involve with the tokens. You can buy them in game store for 20 dollars. You can then convert them to 20 dollars,game time, or sell them. That is what they are used for. To get money on your balance for ingame stuff via gold that way. You can use them for game time. Or if you need the cash you can buy the token via gold and convert it to money for whatever you wanted to buy with the money in the balance. Money is involved. silly night elf.

well first, the BBB isn’t a law office and has no actual enforcement mechanism of any sort. they’re a yelp that writes angry letters.

second - i’m glad you’re getting this fixed for us as i don’t want to pay taxes either. you seem like you know a lot about this stuff so go get em tiger.

2 Likes

Let me guess; Some Guy on Reddit? :thinking:

1 Like

only people replying to post seem to be blizzard employees … waste of my time

Well I came to the forums to see the Sunday threads while I have my coffee, I am not disappointed.

1 Like

yes u can use money to by token … but i been paying tokens for nearly 2 years with gold… no us currency but again waste of time…on that note

Nobody here is a blizzard employee, that would be illegal to reply if we were without using official accounts. I am not and have never worked for Blizzard or any company owned by Activision Blizzard.

2 Likes

The BBB is there to protect businesses. If they do notify Blizzard of anything, it will be to collect dues and have them become a member. Once that happens any complaint is closed.

If you really want your dollar back, you need to find a lawyer, file a lawsuit against the state and Blizzard, get it converted to Class Action, wait ten years while everyone stalls with motions, and then win the case in a court of law. You will get your dollar back and the lawyer will net millions in fees.

1 Like

Actually it won’t go anywhere due to forced arbitration, the lawyer won’t even take the case.

This is probably disturbingly accurate.

Assuming the case proceeds and is won.

1 Like

This. In order to purchase a race change - your virtual currency was converted into US dollars and therefor subject to these rules.

Blizz does not at the current time allow you to pay for services directly using in game currency.

:cookie:

Your the one that made the thread. What did you expect here. You posted on a public forms we all have the right to come here and respond. If you hate it then next time don’t make the thread.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

do any of yall even have active accounts or forum trolls some have 4k post … we have mvp replying … i want legit players not trolls or people who get paid to make the forums active… I would had More legit luck using redit or mmo-champion

O boy here we go op attacking everyone. Not a smart move.

I bet you they will tell you the same.

1 Like

none troll with only 300+ post

Just because people are correcting your misconceptions does not make them Blizzard employees. They are trying to explain to you that it doesn’t work the way you think it does and Blizzard has no control of tax law they are only following the law.

3 Likes

Obvious troll post. I need some popcorn. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 Like

I’m not a troll sweetie. I suggest you stop here. Just because people disagree or giving you an answer you dont want doesn’t make them a troll. You must really asking to get reported.

2 Likes