Doesn't anyone just die anymore?

This game has become kind of a laughing stock in PVP. I know it has already been said about the balance issues in PVP but what is with all this self healing, absorbs and last second saves??? It’s kind of funny. I guess the “trinity” is gone huh? LOL…

I watched a rogue and a paladin kill each other 4 times in an arena… The rogue was dead 4 times but goes stealth… Pops up a bit later with full health!! - Rinse and repeat. The pally just heals himself constantly… The whole thing was comical, not heart pounding, not intense… it was comical!

Even on my shammy I have Pack spirit which I just run around and heal constantly… No healer required! This game has become stupid. It really has. Now I hear we are getting even MORE slef heals and absorbs??? LMAO!!!

5 Likes

I’ll get back to you in about 50-60 years with an answer to that.

13 Likes

Judging by these forums, this game is all but dead. I remember threads with 1,000s of posts and you couldn’t post and stay on the first page within 1 minute…

5 Likes

I was never around for those early days of population, but the forums seem about as active as they were during Legion’s peak, and I think everyone generally agrees that Legion was good enough to bring back a huge chunk of players after the disaster that was WoD.

Forums are never a good barometer of judging player population anyway. Not a single one of my WoW friends uses the forum, the devs consider it to be a tool utilized by the minority, and regardless of whether you’re unsubbed or too busy actually playing the game, both scenarios result in you not posting on this forum.

I just happen to have time to both play the game and post on the forum for kicks, but that’s not everyone.

5 Likes

Funny… That is EXACTLY how to read the pops of a game by their forums use and sub levels. I dont know who told you that was blowin some serious smoke.

1 Like

Yeah, the whole “everyone should get a self heal” thing was pretty stupid in my opinion with an attempt to make sure EVERYONE is the same. Classes should be different, they should have strengths and weaknesses.

3 Likes

ITT: OP is a prickly pear.

Except Mage apparently :woman_shrugging:

But there is a bit of unnecessary self-sustain in the game

Look at Rogues for example. They have stealth, re-stealth, cloak, evasion, tricks, feint, access to self-healing through talents (leeching poison, soothing darkness etc.) and access to cheat death. Why do they have stuff like crimson vial baseline? Don’t they have enough tools to survive already?

4 Likes

Hard agree on this, especially regarding rogues.

On my rogue I have access to ridiculous amounts of leech, a heal on a very short cooldown, the ability to reset the fight entirely whenever I like - several times if I’m clever with CC and can escape combat.

It’s funny, they’ve pruned so much from classes, but now there’s a lot of almost-passive abilities that can save your bacon without much effort.

2 Likes

Yeah rogues imo should have always been about control of the fight and high damage. Adding healing into the mix especially since they can re-stealth and just wait for heal is a bit much. If they want them to have a small heal, that’s fine, but then they shouldn’t be able to re-stealth in combat.

Now they’re less damage and more about control and healing through damage long enough to finish a fight, which is annoying and dumb to play against or play as imo.

2 Likes

All that would be fine kind of if they also didnt have such friggin high damage as well!! I mean its a joke…

1 Like

Except when people go to preorder the collection, which is already sold out.

1 Like

Maybe the game is so good people don’t want to waste their time on threads like yours?

OK, I get that’s rich coming from someone who bumped your lousy thread and I know the game is bad right now.

Where have you been? The Trinity design has been gone for well over a decade.

LOL, I wish that was the case but history of all gaming says otherwise.

As far as the trinity being dead for decades, thats not true… It may have been dying for a while but its at comical levels now. The self healing, absorbs and last second “saves” are a laughing stock now. Like I said before, this game reminds me of a TV series that has gone on too long (TrueBlood anyone?). After so many years you run out of things to change or do so you just throw everything in…

That is WOW right now. Class uniqueness is absolutely gone. Everyone has everything… Have you played eye of the storm lately??? Everyone has some sort of knock back now that no one really plays the map anymore its just a race to middle to see who can knock the other of the sides first lol. DH’s can grab flag and fly across maps, Rogues can go stealth and heal up to 100%, elementals just stay in wolf form and heal…

You have to admit its silly now…

3 Likes

The problem in arenas is pve gear is broken. The problem at high level pvp(pro tourneys) is class balance. How they let druids go this long without nerfs I cannot understand

1 Like

I can… They dont have the team or care anymore to fix it. Druids would have been nerfed within 24 hours in the hay day of WOW…

1 Like

I have seen a few times mages doing absurd ‘healing’ via temporal and absorbs.

Seriously… Mages are one of those last second save class… It has become really silly.

This right here. None of the people I play with or associate with are on the forums. I am mostly here as a source of entertainment during working hours. You can say the forums are a game of its own.

2 Likes