Does your character have a unique weapon?

I thought I posted here.

Anyway, I wanted to update my dark ranger’s main weapon. Since I don’t RP them really, it isn’t a retcon so much as me discovering my favorite bow mog, but he utilizes the Keeshan’s Bow model as his go to weapon. Its plain and simple, but he dosen’t have to worry about enchants falling off or anything to that effect.

During his early days as a death stalker, he created the bow in likeness of the one he used while living, and it has never left his side since then. While most 2nd gen dark rangers prefer crossbows and wood axes, he is unique in that he prefers his bow.

Megahes doesn’t have a unique weapon for himself really, primarily because he relies on magical spells more than equipment. However, it’s his job and passion to make unique and special weapons for other people, whether they’re magical or just really well built w/ no enchantments.

My Warlock on the other hand (used one of Scythe appearances) and his weapon was forged from the collection and summary smelting of various small Old God corrupted items/relics which was then crafted into said Scythe along with his Blood, binding it to him during the process. It wasn’t really made for physical combat so much as a conduit to enhance his abilities and to help him channel the energies of the Old Gods.

When he was recently killed, his weapon wasn’t present during the fight, so I dunno if I’m gonna have it get passed on or what’ll happen with it yet.

Opherial carries a custom Dwarven forged, Light-hallowed greatsword specifically balanced to favor the left hand (she’s a witch, Harry) that was presented to her around the Wrathgate portion of the Northrend campaign for her service to the Legion, that sort of mid-way lull in the storylines where everyone knew dook was getting real and it was time to unleash the full might of the Alliance’s smiths, enchanters, and runesmiths.

Which is just my way of justifying still using this raggedy 2004 Grand Marshal Claymore for pReStIgE.

Marbelma’s hammer is from a Sulfuras-Mold. A type of hammer that was only given to elite Dark Iron Paladins back in the day when the clan was under Ragnaros’s thumb. The hammer she wields now belonged to her Dark Iron grandfather.

It has a name - Peacemaker.

A fitting name for an infinitely angry dwarf who REALLY hated how the Fourth War ended and is eager for any excuse to go beat up the Horde :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Even if the character has fundamentally changed, the rune-carved Earthspear has always been a staple of Huatar’s arsenal. It’s gone through two different recreations and reforgings but the idea has remained the same - it is an ancient spear passed down a single bloodline lined with magical runes that, when invoked, grants its bearer the spiritual energy of the Earthspear ancestors. This enables vastly increased strength for a short period of time (ten minutes, at most) and enhanced reflexes. It’s had an air-elemental gem forged into it to enable Huatar the capability of leaping great distances when it’s properly focused by way of “boosting” them off of the ground.

2 Likes

Hey when did Huatar become female?

When getting a gender change essentially became free of charge.

3 Likes

Zearria just recently stole it, it works as a great back up to her matches. Eventually, she’ll lose, break or sell it, then steal another pair of weapons. Unless they are gifted to her, then they are used until they’re broken , sold , or lost.

OOC my bow is the mage tower Thas’dorah bow. IC it’s a standard elven recurve bow (even as a troll, she recognizes the long tradition of excellence associated with Farstrider marksmen). What makes the bow special is that her druid friend put a spell on it to make living flowers constantly bloom along the upper and lower limbs. She also has a fancy traditional Darkspear bow (OOC the restrung voodoo bow) that she keeps for ceremonial reasons.

She also has several spears - one made for her by an orc friend (OOC the Bear’s Fortitude appearance of Talonclaw), a ceremonial trollish one decorated in human skulls (Wild Combatant’s Pike), and a simple one for everyday adventuring (Blood Jungle Stinger).

She also keeps a dagger on her belt for skinning, filleting fish, etc. (Warmongering Combatant’s Waistguard).

Really though, my weapons change depending on my mood and my mog, so they’re not always IC.

It is a wooden blade blackened permanently by soot. It is said this weapon can summon rending fiery gales with its strikes, but also that it will immolate and shred the unworthy who dare to wield it.

Essentially, a fire-hardened shard of the burnt tree occasionally referred to as “Teldrassil’s Retort”.

Its creation was pretty involved. I was pretty happy with the idea, but ended up barely using this character for any BFA storyline.

Juspion does not have a unique weapon but he does have a unique accessory.

Juspion has an Argunite crystal tablet that he uses to collect data, take notes, track the time(line) and whatever else I can think of with it. I use the Primal Combatant’s Endgame as the in game representation of it.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=115075/primal-combatants-endgame

1 Like

Not a weapon per se but I like to headcanon that Garrovihn doesn’t “Death Grip” but because of his size and having a few loaner parts he actually has an Abomination Hook fashioned out of an old anchor instead.

Lyloren designed and crafted the Noxivium, a staff-shaped device which he uses to more safely evoke and wield the powers of the Void. It’s conceptually based on the manaforges found in Netherstorm, which he had the opportunity to study intimately during his time among the Sunfury.

The in-game model I use for the staff is the purple version of the Heptavium.

Thra’gul Mok’Gar’dal Grimsight wields not so much unique weapons but simply elemental spirits. As an extension, or rather an expansion, of his shamanic Windfury and Flametongue weapon imbues, I use the offhand Doomhammer artifact weapons for the lightning axe and the fire hammer appearances respectively. They have no names, but conjuring them does involve shamanic ritual, ecstatic trance induced by fasting and other such archaic techniques, and propitiation of the sacred spirits in question.

My character’s weapon ICly is a shovel. Just a regular shovel.

The only thing unique about it is the amount of drust magic that it’s been infused with over time from caving in wicker constructs.

It’s a haunted shovel.

My guy had his armor enchanted to protect from magical attacks.