Does unlocking Zandalari trolls require the raid?

Awwwww so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You talked about them coming on launch too, remember? Also this, https://youtu.be/QsZ9xkVQ_Vs

8 Likes

flop of an expansion lmao

9 Likes

This. Zandalari don’t even have voice lines for the males, not sure about the females. And they cannot mount, train to ride, or even ride/fly if you import a character and race/faction change it into a Zandalari.

They’re a work in progress. And although I want to play them as much as the next person (or probably more :P), they’re not available yet, and at no point did they say they’d be available yet. It makes sense from a lore standpoint that we wouldn’t officially “recruit” them as playable races until we finished the story where we recruit them and save them from their own shortcomings; I think that following the raid’s release (that being today) would have been preferable, maybe a couple weeks to allow Raid Finder to be available, but I can live with March/April and 8.1.5 if it comes down to it.

Still working on leveling my troll rogue who I’m going to race change anyway, so no harm done. :stuck_out_tongue:

They shouldn’t make promises if they’re breaking them that easily. Nothing stopped them for releasing BfA in it’s heavily unfinished state, they easily could have finished them, they just chose not to work on them until now.

So you’re saying Saving their king in 8.0, killing G’huun aka the reason" why we went to the swamps and stopped the blood trolls", then repelled the invasion of Dazar’Alor by defeating Jaina IS NOT ENOUGH!?!?!

We’re literally living in their capital for half a year. What else is there to do to earn their “trust”?

Again, where was anything promised?

Soon needs to be today. Frankly, it’s ridiculous that this hasn’t been explained, in detail, long before now.

Its five months in and not only are the KT and Zandalari races not in the game but the specifics on what is needed to unlock them is still a confusing mess

.I’m usually a Blizz defender but this even tries my patience

Just answer the question. Coy and misleading responses aren’t good enough

4 Likes

You have to wait until 8.1.5, which will be sometime around March.

I’ve played World of Warcraft since late classic and almost all expansions had significant, in some cases flagship features that got canceled.

Burning Crusade had “portal worlds” where we jump through the various Outland portals to fight the Legion on other worlds. WotLK had the “outdoor” zone of Azjol’nerub. Cataclysm had the Paths of the Titans system. WoD actually ditched the announced capital hubs of the expansion and replaced them with ones built from cobbled together reused assets. Legion ditched an entire patched zone in Thal’dranath.

Swapping the release times of Zandalari Trolls and Mag’har Orcs isn’t that big of a deal compared to this. And honestly I’d much rather Blizzard give themselves a little bit of freedom when it comes to these sorts of things instead of plowing blindly ahead on everything they’ve officially discussed even if they’ve come to realize it doesn’t work in practice.

5 Likes

The picture that has the words “promised at launch” and “Zandalari Troll” listed, you replied to it earlier.

2 Likes

Didn’t see the word promised on anything they announced, please show me.
Still got some auctions to post, so no hurry :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty much this, anyone who has any kind of background in developing anything would know, sometimes, projects get scrapped.

Being pedantic is not helping.

They stated at legion Blizzcon that Zandalari would be available at launch.

If you feel that customers cant rely on anything a product advertises without the actual words “we promise” being included then the words of the sellers might as well completely ignored

6 Likes

Actually at Blizzcon 2017 it was talked about —>6<— allied races coming at launch and thus far you sold pre-sales based on that lie cause only 4 have arrived. Here’s a link for you, jump to 29:20 and read that big panel in the background :wink:

For those folks that are pining for the race releases, the unsub button is —> that away.

It takes 2m to resub not just when the patch hits, but when the raid hits, or even LFR finally opens up. Simply, when the game is in a state that you want to continue to play it, the barrier to re-entry is extraordinarily low, and they should not think twice about hanging up the game until the features they want are actually released and in the game.

They would be foolish to remain subscribed waiting for these things if these features are a primary driver of their happiness with the game, especially with the uncertain timelines presented.

Note, I’m not saying go away. I’m not saying shut up. I’m saying that it doesn’t make sense to keep paying for the game when it’s missing features that you want to use.

2 Likes

Flagship raid boss (Queen Ashara) STILL not available. :rofl:

2 Likes

It is truly unacceptable that you people continue to drag this allied race unlock out. You need to stop dancing around the issue and stringing all of us along - you’ve been moving the goal-post on this for almost six months now. It’s getting utterly absurd. Unlock the damn races already. it’s bad enough you keep making us wait until an expansion is basically over to unlock flight, but to do the same inane garbage with a pair of races you HEAVILY advertised the x-pac with is just not okay.

6 Likes

You replied to it earlier.

They said it was going to happen, they pretty much promised it with all the marketing material.

2 Likes

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2apY9HXSM54/maxresdefault.jpg

There ya go.

8 Likes