Does this count as circumventing an ignore?

I agree. I know a lot of people are finding this :popcorn: entertainment, but considering they came to defend themselves over a somewhat indiscernible post about the situation and assumed it was them is concerning.

OP should take the appropriate steps to report and just have Blizz do the investigation. Ultimately, circumventing a persons desire to ignore another is harassment and stalking. Period.

4 Likes

Kinda like a no contact order by judge but they contact anyway.
Not all the time but people who do that in real life usually end up having a short life.
In this regard a short WOW life.

Someone linked me this in discord. Theres no rule against replying.

1 Like

Oh, you’re right. There are no rules against it. It just looks really really bad when you are being accused of harassing someone.

10 Likes

Indeed. Potentially circumventing ignore measures, following to a discord server, tracking the WoW forum post regarding the situation… really substantiating what OP is saying.

1 Like

Probably “clever use of game mechanics”. However I don’t think that is intended. Ignore is supposed to be IGNORE. The WoW friends list system is very very old though and a lot of things are sort of cobbled together. You would also have to prove intent to evade Ignore to target you personally for it to count as Ongoing Harassment.

Put them back on Ignore. Document it. If they go around it again to personally target you. Document that as well, put that new char/account on Ignore, and report as Ongoing Harassment. Having the dates/documentation of actions helps with the Ongoing Harassment case.

You can read more about it here.

If you would really like an answer from Blizzard, you would want to post on the Customer Support forum. That forum serves as an Information Desk with Support Forum Agents around during work times.

To move your own thread, select the edit icon (pencil) and from the drop down list that says “General Discussion”, select “Customer Support”. That should allow you to move your own thread to the CS forum where you are much more likely to get a Blue answer vs only player opinions.

18 Likes

op makes a post abt the stalker, the alleged stalker shows up. this is the funniest thing ive seen on the forums in months lol. u guys are really yiiiiiiiiiiiikes LOL

5 Likes

Never mind, there is a 5 hour difference between the posts. I thought the posts happened right after each other.

I’m on here fairly often as I peruse it while I am at work. Probably the first time I’ve seen a question about harassment on here. That being said, it should be taken seriously. Empathy is hard, but consider how you might feel if someone was stalking or harassing you or someone you know or care about.

Harassment/Stalking should be taken seriously and should be handled as such. No speculating, no theorizing… just provide the appropriate support and reference how they should handle it. There are crazy people out there.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I love that show!

2 Likes

I’m not worried about a little text on the screen being sent to me. If they want to waste their time have at it.

1 Like

No doubt. I eat it up myself, but to each their own. I know not everyone is built like us and are genuinely concerned about the situation, understandably so.

1 Like

lol this is hilarious

ya but cyber stalking is one of the hardest things to deal with. the police wont get involved unless they physically come to your house and put their hands on you. i know people who have been cyber stalked for over a decade and nothings become of it. it sux that u have to wait to someone gets hurt or killed to step in regardless of evidence of them ruining their lives. in extreme cases anyway, not this lil nerd pvp crybaby drama on a video game lol

1 Like

judgejudy name restricted :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

Either way, just important to document it and ensure it’s appropriately addressed. I’d also say if you know people who are constantly stalked it might be a time for a change of pace from something.

For a bit of context we are both 60 twinks on oppisite sides of the bracket. Its a very small bracket so we see each other almost daily. With my team being pretty much unstoppable with the right people online.

We have known each other for years but very rarely exchange words (once every couple months, with him being the one that whispers first) and I have never seen the ignore message.But there is one thing he knows very well about me. When he lies about scenarios that involve me it gets a response, which he wants. I took the bait (and always will) and im fine with it.

1 Like

Whatever the situation might be, at minimum, it certainly appears toxic and detrimental to you both. At worse, the current situation does make it appear like you are stalking/harassing them.

3 Likes

This sounds a lot more believable than “some guy I have on ignore snuck into a battleground merc mode with me and started spouting mean things even though I’m the one who caused him to get harassed publicly by our community leader”.