Does the $6.99 GamePass mean P2W is coming?

So many massive games launching things in feb, my worry is SWTOR will just get swept under the rug.

They were already delaying, so they could have just gone another month or more out lol… March is basically free reign.

• Life is Strange Remastered Collection (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, Stadia) - February 1
  • Dying Light 2 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 4
  • Sifu (PC, PS4, PS5) - February 8
  • OlliOlli World (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February 8
  • Diplomacy is Not an Option - Steam Early Access (PC) - February 9
  • A Memoir Blue (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February 10
  • CrossfireX (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 10
  • Edge of Eternity (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 10
  • Lost Ark (PC) - February 11
  • Infernax (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February 14
  • Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February 15
  • The King of Fighters 15 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S) - February 17
  • Total War: Warhammer 3 (PC) - February 17
  • Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection (Switch) - February 17
  • Horizon: Forbidden West (PS4, PS5) - February 18
  • Destiny 2: The Witch Queen (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 22
  • Martha is Dead (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S) - February 24
  • Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream (PC, PS4, Switch) - February 25
  • Grid Legends (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 25
  • Elden Ring (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S) - February 25
  • Steam Deck launch - February
  • Evil Dead: The Game (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch) - February
  • Leap - Steam Early Access (PC) - February

Pretty much. OP has made his ignorance quite clear. In the Age of Information, ignorance is a choice, and he chooses to plague us all with it.

3 Likes

no, Mop, Legion and Shadowlands were all under ATVI - big difference because guess what the leads were different.

3 Likes

People don’t understand that Activision Blizzard might have pressured the wow team to make money, but they didn’t tell them to add all the crap that people hate to the game, that was on the devs and leads.

2 Likes

WoW continues to be a money maker for Blizzard. Maybe not like in the past, but still. About the only change I expect to see is to have more resources thrown at the game, if only related to customer service, and an Xbox/controller support.

Frankly though, I think you’re way more likely to see D4 come out sooner, and definitely be available for Xbox.

WoW is low priority at the moment.

Not really climbing in on the overall debate, but this may be the dumbest thing I’ve seen so far.

Just because it might be a year away isn’t a reason not to worry/lobby/make concerns known on an issue.

1 Like

D4 is already announced on xbox/ps

1 Like

Ah, well, there you go.

Anyway, if it’s not out by the time the merger is finalized, I suspect you’ll see a huge push to get it out faster.

They’ve already said no 2022 for both OW2 and and D4, so we’ll see haha.

You should expect your GamePass subscriptions to increase in the upcoming months.

P2W was already here, wum…

1 Like

They don’t have anything else to do :laughing:

The acquisition isn’t even finalized. It could potentially fall through and never happen. There’s nothing to “lobby” for. There’s no “issue.”

Microsoft will eventually in the next couple few years do what it deems necessary to fold it into the mix. But right now, it has to actually make the acquisition first and have it succeed.

So I’m not sure what you want to “lobby” for. And keep in mind that they barely even touched ESO after the Zenimax acquisition. We’ve got a little over a year before it’s even an official acquisition. Things soldier on as they are right now until June 2023.

You can talk about things all you want. No one is stopping you. But getting worked up and doomsaying and claiming false information like some of these threads do is hyperbolic at best.

Exactly!

Just like when Blizzard and Activision merged, nothing bad happened from that, absolutely nothing!

Activision peeps just let Blizzard be Blizzard so they could continue to operate totally separately and independently, free of any and all interference from Activision’s side of things.

That’s totally how it will work with our forthcoming Redmontonian Overlords

/moo :cow:

3 Likes

It’s not, and it’s also not true.

Sega is an independent company. It’s not owned by Microsoft.

Sega abandoned console making after the Dreamcast because it cost them way too much money to make and it bombed, especially as the PlayStation 2 began to creep up on them. They reportedly needed to sell 5 million Dreamcast consoles in order to remain financially competitive with Sony, but they fell short of that number, only selling just over 3 million units.

Then in 2001 Sega discontinued the Dreamcast and console creation entirely and refocused themselves into a game developer/publisher that would create 3rd party games for multiple consoles and PC.

1 Like

Blizzard is gonna be gutted dude thats what happens when one company buys another when that company is not doing good

1 Like

Could we at least get the Purble Place cooking dailies?

Seriously though, I don’t see how the price of playing the game is pay2win.

I remember debates about the wow token and level boosts being p2w, but those mostly just gear alts for current content unless you’re spending hundreds of dollars on tokens for pvp and mythic raid carries. And not even sure how far anyone could carry a deadweight in rated pvp. Folks might be able to carry a deadweight on cutting edge achieve, but shudder to think what that costs…

People really need to go learn about the history of the company so they stop making this comment.

4 Likes

No it won’t be.

Had EA purchased Activision Blizzard, then you’d be right. Microsoft however, is not EA. They did not gut Bethesda, they did not gut the studio who created Minecraft.

What you’re claiming simply doesn’t stack up with reality.

microsoft has a track record of buying companys and then just letting them do what they already be doin