Does nobody want classes to be better?

It honestly confuses me I see so many people that say I want this for this class to be a little bit better or are this to be viable.

When the answer is very easily put in yet is in yet nobody seems to really want it and I don’t understand why.

I’ve heard things like well I want shaman tanks And on my way you want them to do that but put it it putting in wrath classes with 60 talent points.

When It’s like it or not Ralph balance was the Best And with 60 Talon points We still would be a great deal weaker.

Until it turn everything on its head I mean Is the Mana issues for boomkins and paladins gone.

Is pharaoh Druid’s would not have to farm a maze from nomergon constantly The list goes on.

It would change so much I don’t understand why you guys aren’t in favor of it and yet you say what we want things to be different but when a major suggestion comes for it too.

You don’t want it why?

6 Likes

I want class / spec balance and loot addressed. Either 1 of those would entice me to play, w/o those, I will be skipping the SoM for now

20 Likes

I’m in support for tbc/wotlk like talent system as I think it would bring better overall class diversity. It would also be interesting I think because choices would be more varied such as going all the way down a tree means 51 points spent, ie pure no multi tree splashing which I think is a fair tradeoff for lv60 System.

But they would need to still address certain things, many talents modify abilities which do not exist in classic, other things like keeping enh sham 2 handed or dual wield etc.

It would require a fair bit of work so I think it’s unlikely to happen for this season, but I’m hoping this is the next topic that blizzard focuses on.

8 Likes

60 points the talent trees were revamped a bit prior to BC. Example Hawkeye was move from marks to surv tree and the trees were expanded as well to go down 41 points.

If they gave a character 60 points in classic with the talent trees currently wouldn’t that make certain classes a little op? Like a mage could go 31 frost and 29 fire.

Even expanding the trees to current BC ones would make several classes op but would also give more specs to play like surv for hunters.

2 Likes

If they make classes like TBC or whatever I think everyone would be pretty happy.
I really don’t give a damn if it’s “how it was in vanilla” This is far from original so I don’t care lmao.
No class left behind please, fix RDruid.

9 Likes

Thank you for understanding ppl play and want to play other classes and specs

5 Likes

Yes, many people do. But you have to understand the audience that’s going to come and talk about SOM: “the no changers”. The no changers believe every version of classic is being made specifically for them and insist the less blizzard changes, the better the game will be. The no changers are wrong of course. Most of the no changers never even play the game outside of their niche view of how it should be played and refuse to acknowledge that other ways are possible.

That being said. SOM is going to be an abysmal failure and will fail to have active servers or good guilds.

2 Likes

But… everything has been failing since bots over took vanilla classic. The vanilla classic had a large amount of players play. tbc is a huge fail. The way it was released. was made to kill classic. just a quick buck release. Retail seems to be going nowhere. If it wasn’t for the No changers / boomers (as most say) classic would probably not even have started.
I am a no change player and see this being a fun experiment to see what all blizzard can do to improve the classic game, and also do to destroy it.

in a hypothetical fantasy world, sure, we could use some class balancing. but we don’t live in a utopia. we have to deal with what we got. and what we have is actiblizzard, a company that cannot be trusted with the delicate task of “fixing” vanilla classes. just stop. you’re asking a toddler to fix your car engine. it’s not gonna work out. just be happy that we still have access to this wonderful game, warts and all.

1 Like

I would not. I quit TBC recently because I’m sick of it, thanks.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if many people would. It’d kind of be the opposite direction of the intended design decisions:

TBC talents would likely make the content less challenging. Besides, it would also suck for people who don’t like and have never liked TBC (or expansions). Which, seems to be a lot, considering the apparent decline in overall population from WoW Classic to TBC Classic.

1 Like

No. Go play TBC.

4 Likes

I want all the changes. I want to experiment, I want to learn etc. I love an original no changes version, and will look forward to it in the future, but I would love to see some big changes that will make the game interesting and different and class changes is among the best things they can do to add to classic

8 Likes

I bet we will see some class changes for the next season, or possibly p2 in SoM. And blizzard has said they would probably do more changes. We might see Buffs and Nerfs for all the classes.

2 Likes

If the meta wasn’t so harsh against the less balance specs I’d say I am indifferent, but the sad truth is the meta has removed the play what you want to play mentality and replaced it with the “Must be the most efficient every second” mentality to the point it is a matter of seconds difference.

My biggest gripe is really one simple fact. This is a GAME people, it is not our job, we are not paid to do this we are not making money for our efficiency, I am paying 15$ a month to have FUN, shocking I know!

Yes, I am aware my class spec is most likely not going to get into raids or if i do i won’t have priority on loot, but guess what? I don’t care let me play how I want in the game I am paying for, and I will let you do the same.

2 Likes

totally agree. I want class balance, tight spread on DPS range, and all spec’s raid viable, but the staff blizzard has available wouldn’t know how to accomplish that. They’d over-tune and break something off for sure.

1 Like

Why on earth would you want that?
TBC is when they “fixed rage” and made encounters that favor range.
Class balance in TBC is better but far from ideal. It flipped the script from vanilla to TBC making hunters and locks ridiculous and warriors and rogues next to useless.
It wasn’t until WOTLK that they threw out hybrid tax and improved some of the other crap specs. But still not all specs were viable even then.
Has there ever been a time in wow’s history all specs were viable? Or does it change per expansion?

1 Like

I don’t want it because current Blizzard would screw it up. It would also further open the floodgates of bad suggestions and crying from a severely stupid and disingenuous playerbase.

Let’s be real. These forums are full of nothing but bad ideas, mental midgets, and dishonest arguments lol

4 Likes

The only way I will ever play a Vanilla version of WoW again is if it is properly “remastered” to include refined/fixed talent trees, gear-itemization fixes/refinement, ability fixes/refinement (such as HoTs of same type properly stacking on friendly targets), etc.

Not interested in reliving the broken Vanilla WoW game experience again, where (as one example of MANY) 95% of the Paladins are Holy spec (the most basic/linear healing spec in WoW, but at least viable compared to Ret or Protect) & all running around in Priest cloth (& some druid leather) robes/armor at 60 because plate gear itemization is so awful. No thanks. TBC isn’t perfect, but it’s a lot better in most core respects - as was WotLK.

2 Likes

right and do we have enough data to identify the fix?

Ret paladin, what’s wrong: damage or mana?

What’s the acceptable spread on damage since they have powerful buffs?

Once we remove wBuffs and fights are longer, do they have damage issues or mana issues, or both? If you fix MP regen will that fix damage? Or more damage will fix MP? Will it break PVP?

Most don’t understand the subtleties, and nuances since PVP and PVE are incredibly dynamic.