Does Lost Ark have more players than WoW?

Over half a million people playing after 2 months of launch, I think LA might actually be more popular/have more players than WoW for the first time in MMO history.

that’s it?

14 Likes

Does it matter?

11 Likes

Def more than WoW :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This.

Also I tried LA just because I was curious. Gender-locked classes and no WASD movement was a nope. Installed and uninstalled after about 10 minutes.

7 Likes

My low estimate for WoW would have put it at around 1m to 1.5m players right now.

500k (especially if that’s lifetime and not currently active) is definitely not more than WoW.

5 Likes

Your saying it wrong.

Half a million players on AT THE SAME TIME is peak players.

Concurrent players, peak players, and total players are all different numbers.
If WoW had that many players on at one time it would be like an expansion launch.

4 Likes

Does LA have like … 50% of concurrent players as bots?

1 Like

Lost Ark has more bots than players. That Koreaboo garbage is horrible.

8 Likes

It’s more of about 70% of the playerbase is bots daily. You can check the steam charts for the game and it has almost a consistent line when every other game on the platform has consistent dips during “off hours”, even CSGO and Dota which hold more “players” than Lost Ark.

4 Likes

Why can’t you people acknowledge another MMO is bigger than yours? It’s ok to be humbled :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I was going to say this too. All I see in Lost Ark are bots that never log off.

4 Likes

Have you actually played Lost Ark? Of those half a million I’d say easily 4/5ths were bots. It’s impossible to find groups for any content on all except the 3 most populated servers.

Lost Ark’s lack of community and population is why I’m here!

2 Likes

Bots run offline mod to avoid detection, Steam Charts doesn’t track offline bots, it doesn’t take bots into account into the overall players.

It peaked at 1.3M, is at 600k and growing daily again.

I think it’s time for a new top MMO and I don’t see WoW being confident enough to release their sub count again after WoD.

1 Like

Steam API literally tracks every person playing the game through Steam regardless of privacy settings or online status. Games have been leaked before because of this as well. You’re one of the worst trolls I’ve seen in a long time.

5 Likes

This is false, but you can continue to live in your fantasy.

1 Like

That game is horrible. Pay2win and click2move.

2 Likes

It’s free to play vs subscription model. Not apples to apples. Free to play games inherently have more players than other monetization models. Even mobile games have more players than paid games. If you want to compare, it should be FFXIV which is the only other mmo out there with a subscription model like WoW.

4 Likes

If we’re looking at pure numbers, Lost Ark globally has more players and is more profitable than WoW despite being a F2P.

2 Likes

Lost Ark has well over half a million players. Steam counts peaks and concurrent players. Lots of people play 2-3 hours a day, and it’s pretty steadily 200-400k online at any given time. Let’s be generous and say their average player plays 4 hours a day, which is very very generous. 24/4 = 6; now, let’s say the average median concurrent player count in the game is 250k, nice and in the middle of peak vs low night time count.

That puts lost ark roughly around 1.5 million players, which sounds right to me. We have no clue what Blizzards total player count is and we have no way of even guessing outside of websites that don’t give actual numbers like steam does.

Note 2: That only counts steam players. Internationally lost ark is far more popular.