Does Lost Ark have more players than WoW?

Lots of games have more players than WoW. Apex, Fortnite, Minecraft, ect. WoW has not been Top Dog since WoD. The game is in the worst state it’s ever been in and last reported MAU had us at less than 1 million. Game is dead.

2 Likes

Hard agree :+1:

It isn’t though. That’s the point.

WoW is still over 1 million subs/active players.

LA doesn’t have that. Yet.

So you’re comparing apples and oranges? Got it.

CoD has had more players that WoW before too if that’s how we are going.

Battlefield has probably had more players than WoW at some point as well.

We aren’t talking about other games though, we are talking about MMOs.

1 Like

The top MMO is not going to be Lost Ark. Final Fantasy 14 beats it in almost every way, and I still don’t think it even beaten WoW in numbers.

Now, that isn’t to say FF14 is better than WoW, but at the moment they’re the two top MMOs with ESO just a little behind. Lost Ark and New World didn’t touch the three very much because their market are the players of Black Desert Online and Tera (which is shutting down).

And? I would bet Minecraft has more than both combined. Play what you enjoy, what is so hard about that.

1 Like

LA globally is bigger than WoW, in NA it peaked at 1.3M which is higher than WoW’s at WoD before they got too scared to show their sub count.

1 Like

FF14 has like 24 servers. In no world does it have more players than either LA or WoW. Server capacity alone dictates you’re wrong. If they had even nearly the same player base wow does it would need to minimally double their server count.

1 Like

That’s fantastic. It’s like when people talk about Walmart cell phone service vs Verizon Wireless.

Walmart (everyone else) vs Verizon Wireless (World of Warcraft)…let that dig in for a second.

1 Like

WoW has more players than Lost Ark, no doubt about it.

But Candy Crush has FAR more players than either.

Sad, really.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if WoW even had 10k players right now

1 Like

Lotta salty and incorrect people in this thread, kinda funny how people just hate to admit that WoW isn’t what it used to be anymore :man_shrugging:

Lost Ark has more players it’s OK.

They recently had a PvP tournament, got more viewers than AWC.

It’s pretty much done at this point unless DF is some kinda crazy hit.

2 Likes

bzzzt Wrong answer.

WoD still had more than 2 million players. 1.3 is less than that.

Y U NO MATH RITE?!?

1 Like

For NA. There are over 70 if you take into consideration that America isn’t the only place in the world that plays video games.

Either way, Lost Ark is a F2P Korean style MMO which will attract the Korean style players, again like BDO and Tera. That style doesn’t tend to be as popular.

Oh I’ll be the first to say it’s not a game I would recommend that anyone play right now. Shadowlands had put it in the worst state it has ever been, and I worry the devs don’t see or recognize that. Dragonflight needs to be phenomenal or it’ll hurt WoW further.

However, I don’t think Lost Ark is as populated as you’re indicating it is.

If we want to go by streaming numbers as you just did for their tournament, Lost Ark is losing to WoW right now. So that clearly means it’s less populated, right?

WoW is in a dreadful spot, but I highly doubt it touches too close to WoW’s numbers.

This is like watching a washed up former football player reliving his glory days, just let it go bud.

New players are in the MMO game now, people have moved on it’s only natural.

1 Like

Then be surprised.

There are many servers that have more than that.

holds up a mirror

Yeah, sucks to be you, doesn’t it?

Where does this information come from or is this just what you want to believe?

2 Likes

pats head

You’re adorable.

Come back when you actually have your facts straight.

When WoW is actually doing worse, I’ll be right with you. It’s not there yet though.

Yeah but you can’t really make that argument, since WoW has EU and Oceanic And Asian servers we don’t see as well. I’m actually curious what the breakdown is of that. I know at one point there were claims WoW had more euro players than NA.

In which previous expansion did I hear this before? oh, that’s right, ALL OF THEM! ahahahaha!

4 Likes

LOL!

No.

WoW may be in one of its weakest points in history - but it’s definitely NOT under one million players.

Peak server reports show over half a million log in per day - and given not everyone can play everyday, the speculation report (Granted, it’s an estimate) dictates that between 4 to 5 million players are subscribed to WoW.

2 Likes