Does Arthas deserve a "happy" ending?

I’m sorry, I must have misunderstood your rhetoric.

You are not going to succeed in flipping this.

Sylvanas slaughtered innocent people. I am saying it is a bad idea to turn a blind eye to the deeds of monsters.

1 Like

No you are trying to paint the Horde with unsympathetic brush strokes to dehumanize them to justify wiping out the Horde.

Sylvanas did the exact same thing to the NE’s in A Good War.

You are going to get pushback by red posters on this because we were just asked to take a side on this. The honorable side, sided against Sylvanas.

1 Like

Again, you are the one who went there.

I simply reject the idea that genocidal war criminals should be met with gentle passiveness to avoid the possibility of retribution from their children.

Genocidal war criminals should be met with a chopping block. I am not like Sylvanas for saying so.

2 Likes

By instigating another global war. Because the people in charge of the Horde, including those who opposed Sylvanas, need to be removed from power, with Alliance-chosen puppet leaders chosen to replace them and making the Horde an Alliance puppet state.

Basically making the Horde the equivalent of the real world middle east.

Which has worked out very well for all involved.

1 Like

See, that argument might hold water if this wasn’t the 100th time the Horde has failed to not commit genocide on Alliance races.

This isn’t just a “whoopsie, well don’t do it again” thing.

1 Like

Well, since the Horde hasn’t tried to genocide the Alliance 100 times, or even 10 times, then we should be fine!

3 Likes

Are you offering youself to the block?

How many Horde has your character canonically killed.

I’m sure questing just through Ashenvale made you enough to have a target on your head.

None that weren’t actively threatening her home and loved ones.

If you are just going to be flippant and dismissive, then why even respond?

The same can be said for the Horde.

3 Likes

If you’re just going to be hyperbolic and dismissive, why do you?

1 Like

No… it can’t.

First War they came from another world and slaughtered every man, woman and child in their path.
second war is much the same, even after breaking from the Legion’s control, they went to conquer the world anyway.
The Forsaken Attacked Gilneas, Southshore and Arathi, the people who lived there doing nothing to provoke such actions.
Garrosh invaded Ashenvale twice.
Then Sylvanas Invaded Ashenvale a third time, resulting in the greatest genocide since the Scourging of Quel’thalas.

The only time the Alliance invaded a Horde territory on their own was the Southern Barrens, and that was only AFTER the Horde instigated a war.

I am not. I am just speaking the truth. The Horde has, several times, provoked war with the Alliance, and razed several civilian populations, all in the last… 20 years.

And yet, you know that you are.

You said 100, and claim it’s not hyperbolic. List them.

Provoking war and razing settlements alone is not attempted genocide, unless that settlement is the sole location that race of people exists.

Teldrassil? Attempted genocide. It’s the national seat, the settlements between Orgrimmar and Teldrassil were also razed.

Theramore? Not only was it never the sole or majority settlement of humans, it wasn’t even the sole or majority settlement of Lordaeronian humans (that’s Stormwind).

You have one. Either ninty nine to go or why bother denying making hyperbolic statements?

I’ll settle for nine attempts at genocide.

2 Likes

So… The Horde needs to commit precisely 100 genocides against Alliance races before the Alliance can even consider doing something about it?

Is that what you are getting at? Or are you just nit picking an obvious shorthand because the truth is frustrating.

I get it. It wasn’t your choice. I get that much of this is to blame for Blizz’s trashy, jumping the shark writing. I don’t like it anymore than you do.

But this is the story forums. Are we here to talk about the lore? Or are we just going to quip at each other like petty high school girls?

1 Like

Theramore was a nation on their own, of course it was a genocid against the nation of theramore.

definition of genocide: the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

So of course genocide fits the manabomb of theramore. The goal of the horde was to wipe out theramor…you must not kill an entire species or almost kill an entire species to have committed genocide

1 Like

For your statement not to be hyperbolic, as you claim?

Yes.

Neither. I asked why you needed to be hyperbolic. You denied being hyperbolic. Why lie?

We are. And when someone is being dishonest, it becomes much harder.

I’ll gladly admit I’m flippant. I’m happy to admit when I’m wrong. I do not feel a need to deny such obvious truths about myself.

Why do you need to lie, and now try and turn that lie into some half-baked argument about me somehow denying the Horde has been a bad? Clearly none of my comments reflect that argument. You know that. But that was the only way you could avoid and redirect the conversation.

Why double down on dishonesty?

1 Like

That’s including the road they made to the dark portal out of Draenei men, women and children. They were genocidal even before they left draenor.

Granted they hoped up on fel magic, but still I get where you’re coming from.

1 Like

Because I am not being dishonest, and you know that.

Then I’ll await my 99 acts of genocide list, since you believe you weren’t being hyperbolic.

1 Like

You have no intention of actually confronting the subject matter of the conversation, so you are picking out one thing to obsess on, in the attempts of derailing things, and feel like you won something.

Doesn’t change the truth of the matter. The Horde commits genocide against the Alliance nearly bi-annually. And the Alliance is just not allowed to retaliate and take steps to prevent it. In fact, most Horde posters out right call it immoral for the Alliance to do so.